PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys' Jersey Experts Needed

bat_master
09-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Hi Everyone,

On my recent trip to Colorado (and I mean recent, I just got home at 4:30 a.m. this morning after driving the whole thousand miles overnight) I happened to pick up a couple of jerseys that I would like an experienced Dallas Cowboys collector's opinion on.

The two jersys had Dion [sic] Sanders tags on them likely placed by the seller. One jersey is a blue with white lettering Russel size XL. The other is a white with blue lettering APEX size XL. The white jersey has what appears to be bloodstains on the front and back.

The jerseys also have Dallas Cowboys Pro Shop tags attached to them indicating that they were practice worn. Does anyone know what the practice or training camp jerseys should look like? Are these retail jerseys or did they originate from the team? I didn't pay a huge amount for them really, but I would like to know what I have (if anything) before I place them for sale.

Any help with possible player, year, etc. is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Here are photos: http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e338/bat_master/Cowboys%20Jerseys/

Tim Byington

Nilbog
09-19-2006, 03:05 PM
They both are legit practice jerseys. I believe the Apex would date to 1995 and the Russell before then but practice jerseys are were carried over from year to year.

I would be interested in both if you do decide to sell.

bat_master
09-19-2006, 03:54 PM
Hi Nilbog,
Thanks for the info! As I'm mainly a game used bat guy I knew I was taking a chance in getting them.

If you are interested, please email me and we can discuss the details at tim@tjsportsmn.com

Thanks!

Tim Byington

transam85tpi
12-02-2006, 01:13 PM
They both are legit practice jerseys. I believe the Apex would date to 1995 and the Russell before then but practice jerseys are were carried over from year to year.

I would be interested in both if you do decide to sell.Apex was only used in 1994, even in 1993 when they wore Apex on game day, they were rebadged Russell's from the year before.

1995 Jerry Jones signed a contract with Nike giving them exclusive rights to put the Cowboys name on apparel... and the NFL sued Jerry. Jerry sued right back and they both dropped their suits less than a year later.