PDA

View Full Version : Why I need a chill-pill

EurekaDave
10-13-2011, 12:05 AM
Not a good month for me. First, my documented dispute with banned forum member XPFO (Extreme Pillow Fighting Organization). Now this...

I saw a Chan Ho Park Dodgers hat posted on GUU and jumped on it. Posted my commitment on the blog (within 20 minutes) and sent e-mail. Heard nothing.

Now the guy says he didn't get the e-mail and apparently didn't check the blog. I missed out on it. It doesn't seem fair -- but then life isn't. Other than that, things are fine. I think I'll study my Spanish for a while.

Dave Silverbrand
das1721@att.net

frikativ54
10-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Keep your chin up, Dave. It happens to all of us. There are those times where I come across something a day too late and miss out on a golden opportunity. Or don't have the money for a really cool item on eBay.

But then there are other times where I am in the right place at the right time. Where I wasn't going to go somewhere or do something, change my plans, and the right purchase just falls into my lap.

Collecting has its ups and downs. I hope you have more ups than downs.

Enjoy Spanish. I always have. :)

lakeerie92
10-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Reminds me of a couple months ago a game used Japan Series 2004 baseball (authenticated) was listed in the classifieds and I missed it. I emailed the seller knowing it was a long shot but asked if he had another. I got lucky and he did, but he said it would be a week or so before he got it so he would email me when he had it. I waited a little over 2 weeks and then emailed him asking about it, he responded that he had sent me multiple emails and I never responded and he had sold it to another buyer. I checked my spam box and sure enough all of his emails went to spam and I missed out. I don't know that I will ever come across another, those were the only two I have seen in years of collecting, but those are the breaks sometimes.

xpress34
10-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Reminds me of a couple months ago a game used Japan Series 2004 baseball (authenticated) was listed in the classifieds and I missed it. I emailed the seller knowing it was a long shot but asked if he had another. I got lucky and he did, but he said it would be a week or so before he got it so he would email me when he had it. I waited a little over 2 weeks and then emailed him asking about it, he responded that he had sent me multiple emails and I never responded and he had sold it to another buyer. I checked my spam box and sure enough all of his emails went to spam and I missed out. I don't know that I will ever come across another, those were the only two I have seen in years of collecting, but those are the breaks sometimes.

Russ -

What do you know about the availability of MLB hats with the Japan 2004 Series Patch on the side?

I'm guessing they weren't made available in the US... I have a SD one signed by Peavy (he won two games for the US Japan AS Series Team) and found a pic of Peavy pitching in style matched hat:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Caps/Peavy04JapanASCap.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/xpress34/Memorabilia/Caps/PhotoProofofPeavey04JapanASCap.jpg

I've owned it for years but can't find any info on if they were ever made available in the states.

All the best -

Smitty