Don Rogers 1985? Clev. Browns Uniform HELP (and photomatch reward$$$)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cammy collector
    • Oct 2006

Don Rogers 1985? Clev. Browns Uniform HELP (and photomatch reward$$$)

Rogers was a safety with the Browns in 1984-85, former first round pick and AFC Defensive ROY. He played only a season and a half before his career was cut short by a cocaine overdose during his second season, just 8 days after Len Bias suffered the same fate.

I've acquired a very nice set of Rogers "game used" memorabilia here; helmet, jersey, and shoulder pads. I'm asking for help verifying the legitimacy of this stuff, as well as offering a $50 finders fee for a photomatch for the jersey. Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!

-Mike Given
    given.am at gmail.com

**ALWAYS looking for game used/issued Nike/Air Jordan sneakers**

• cammy collector
    • Oct 2006

Re: Don Rogers 1985? Clev. Browns Uniform HELP (and photomatch reward$$$)

oops. please move to game used memorabilia discussion.thanks!

Comment

• sox83cubs84
      Banned
      • Apr 2009

While the jersey could have been worn in either year, I believe that the chances are greater that it was worn in 1984. In 1985, the Sand-Knit tags began appearing that carried the MacGregor name instead of Medalist. Both of the tags on your jersey (a nice one, BTW) are Medalist. While that tag pairing could have appeared in either year, 1984 is more likely.

Dave Miedema

Comment

• cammy collector
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by sox83cubs84
        While the jersey could have been worn in either year, I believe that the chances are greater that it was worn in 1984. In 1985, the Sand-Knit tags began appearing that carried the MacGregor name instead of Medalist. Both of the tags on your jersey (a nice one, BTW) are Medalist. While that tag pairing could have appeared in either year, 1984 is more likely.

Dave Miedema

Dave, thanks so much for the insights!

Comment

• BrianK
          • Jan 2011

The Browns wore jerseys with unique wide sleeve stripes in 1984. Your style stripe began in 1985. Here's an awesome site, although not all of the pages work.

Comment

• cammy collector
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BrianK
            The Browns wore jerseys with unique wide sleeve stripes in 1984. Your style stripe began in 1985. Here's an awesome site, although not all of the pages work.
            http://web.archive.org/web/201102230...browns1984.htm

awesome thanks for the help!

Comment

• cammy collector
              • Oct 2006

photomatch offer no longer valid as I no longer own the lot. thanks!

Comment

Working...