PDA

View Full Version : Twins jerseys

indyred
09-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Anyone have a list or know the dates of games where the Twins used throwback/alternate style type jerseys? I know they had Turn Ahead Clock jersey, Washington Senators throwback, a game in mid 90's they used an old flannel gray on the road and these powder blue style from couple years ago. Anyone know if these powder blue gamers got sold to the public?
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f363/peterworrellguy/51141470.jpg

indyred
09-20-2006, 09:35 AM
Also any information on the Red alternate style from 1997? Did they only use this once or twice.

sylbry
09-20-2006, 11:59 AM
The Senator's jerseys were used on 5/26/2001 for a doubleheader against Oakland.

indyred
10-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Picked up a few 1997 Twins skeds, only place I know where the red jersey is pictured. I've yet to see a game photo of them. By looking at the sked and with red jersey intended for Sunday home games. My best guess it was used April 6th vs. KC and maybe April 27 vs. Texas. They are the 2 home Sunday tilts in April. I've heard that they used it only for one or two games. Here is picture of the sked, with Knoblauch in the red. I really wish they would bring them back. Atlanta and Boston have pretty stole the jersey look now for there alternates.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b279/tmit12/eb1.jpg

bigtime59
10-03-2006, 11:18 AM
My Twins Trombley red alternate. Note triple velcro closures on the front.

sylbry
10-03-2006, 02:41 PM
I have a 1997 home jersey with the triple velcro. May be the norm for that year.

sandman02910
10-03-2006, 05:21 PM
Indy,
The powder blue throwback uniforms you are asking about I believe were worn in 2004. I know Justin Morneau hit a homerun out onto Eutaw Street at Camden Yards wearing this style. He sold his pants to Locker Room Memorabilia...still for sale....and gave the jersey to his brother. He was allowed to keep both pieces...not sure if this goes for every member of the team but I am positive about Morneau.
Thanks
Scott

indyred
10-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Bigtime that is nice. How did you get that. That is the first gamer I've ever seen a gamer red jersey. Very cool! Good info Sandman. I have some other pictures from that game saved. The Orioles used the bright orange throwbacks. I think they used the throwback jerseys for the entire 3 game series. So the powder blues got more game action than the reds ever saw:confused:

bigtime59
10-03-2006, 10:08 PM
I have it listed in my inventory as an eBay purchase. Probably three years ago or so...
I get a huge kick out of how HUGE those Majestic '70s TBC jerseys are. As I've said before, I got an Orange Giants jersey from this year, tagged as a 46, that's bigger than a current size 52 jersey! I must have enjoyed myself WAY too much back then, as I do not remember the game being populated by the sons of the Sta-Puffed Marshmallow Man! :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

bigtime59
10-03-2006, 10:14 PM
BTW:
All the jerseys (except those kept by the players) from the TBC games in Baltimore in 2004 were auctioned on mlb.com. The pants were sold en masse at a one-shot memorabilia sale at Camden Yards that November. (I'm still playing softball in a pair of spare O's 1954 home TBC pants I bought at that sale.) Any unsold jerseys were sold either at that memorabilia sale, or at the 2005 Fanfest.