PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals Win the World Series!

camarokids
10-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Thanks in part to crappy pitching by the Rangers and some clutch hitting by David Freese!

BaseballGM
10-28-2011, 10:21 PM
and no one charged with fraud!

camarokids
10-28-2011, 10:25 PM
and no one charged with fraud!

Not yet!!! :D

cliffjmp33
10-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Congrats to the Cards fans ... and as a Bills/Sabres fan, my heart goes out to all the Rangers fans.

Great series postseason though.

gorilla777
10-28-2011, 10:26 PM
Congrats St. Louis, they earned every bit of this Series.
Clutch all the way, team ball in an epic series.

The Rangers are reminding me of the late 80's A's teams that should have won more, but got outplayed.

Dach0sen0ne
10-28-2011, 10:29 PM
AWESOME SERIES!! My wife hates baseball and she has been glued to the TV the past 2 days. How many days till pitchers and catchers report?

camarokids
10-28-2011, 10:39 PM
The Rangers are reminding me of the late 80's A's teams that should have won more, but got outplayed.

Don't forget about those Braves of the 1990's!!!! :eek: That is coming from a Braves fan of that time.....

The Cards should have lost the Series. They had some help from the Rangers pitching and coaching.

Freese and Berkman had some clutch hits for sure.

Washington is an idiot. Why have Kinsler running with a lead off single in the first? That cost the Rangers a run there. Take away the walk in run and the hit by pitch run and its a tie game.

woody1351
10-28-2011, 11:06 PM
Go Cards! This is a team of fighters, we got down and fought back everytime.

Birdbats
10-29-2011, 12:28 AM
I've got wood. Bats. Wood bats. Yeah, that's it.

apfriz
10-29-2011, 08:33 AM
tough to blast washington....Hind sight is 20/20 and he was trying to do the right thing by trying to get a stranglehold on the game early....

and you CAN't just take away a walk and hbp....??

If the queen had balls.....

I did not have a 'rooting interest' so for me, i could not have asked for anything more with the series....Pujols' monster game, comebacks, lots of hitting ! and not much more can be said about game 6...Greedily, I could have only asked for extra innings in game 7!! haha...!

Congratulations to all the Cards fans....soak it up and enjoy!

Ranger fans, i feel for you.....try to do the impossible and appreciate what how much fun it is to watch them and what they accomplished past two years....

I hate that baseball is over....

EurekaDave
10-29-2011, 11:25 AM
I'm sad that anyone had to lose that series--especially after game six. All I can say to Albert Pujols is -- skip Disneyworld and come check out San Francisco. You can crash at my place....

Dave Silverbrand
Giants Fan

sox83cubs84
10-29-2011, 06:09 PM
I was rooting for Texas, but for birdbats, bigtruck, and the other Forum buddies I know that are Cardinals fans, congtulations and enjoy the celebration.

Dave Miedema

legaleagle92481
10-30-2011, 01:38 AM
What a series. I wanted the Rangers to win but hopefully this keeps Albert in St. Louis. It would be hard for him to spin going to the Cubs or Dodgers or wherever claiming that he is doing so to "win" like players tend to do when they take the best deal on the table. I am a purist in that I like the greats to stay with one team.

jake33
10-30-2011, 12:07 PM
LOL, same old sorry-ass rangers! I like nolan ryan, but never cared for the rangers.

Why don't they buy more bat again for the lineup, I am sure that will solve their issues , lol

frikativ54
10-30-2011, 01:46 PM
I was rooting for Texas, but for birdbats, bigtruck, and the other Forum buddies I know that are Cardinals fans, congtulations and enjoy the celebration.

Dave Miedema

Thanks, Dave. I ended up rooting for the team with more former Astros; it was great to see Berkman come up with some big hits. I'll bet he's glad now that the Astros didn't take up his offer to resign him after he was traded to the Yanks. And I've always been a fan of Dotel; I've got a Minor League/Spring Training bat of Octavio.

If anyone out in St. Louis sees anything rare, collectible, or unique related to the Rally Squirrel, please contact me. I'm amassing quite a collection and am more than willing to add any rare or oddball items. :D

cjclong
10-30-2011, 01:55 PM
As a Ranger fan I have to tip my hat to the Cardinals. Hung in there in game 6. If the Rangers had been able to get either of the first two batters out in the 10th they likely would have won. With one out and a runner on base the pitcher would have had to go for a hit and the sacrifice that set up the tying runs with two on would have meant nothing. The Rangers always needed an ace starting pitcher like Carpenter which they didn't have. It appeared to me that Curz misplayed Freese ball in the 9th of game six and that it could have been caught, but as Washington says, "That's the way baseball go."

frikativ54
10-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Not to derail this thread, but do the Cards have a game-used contact? I would like to be added to the list.

xpress34
10-30-2011, 05:11 PM
LOL, same old sorry-ass rangers! I like nolan ryan, but never cared for the rangers.

Why don't they buy more bat again for the lineup, I am sure that will solve their issues , lol

Why when everyone else is being civil and all does one person decide they have to post on a thread just to be an @$$-hole?

camarokids
10-30-2011, 06:07 PM

At least the Rangers made it to the World Series, unlike our Rays!

It was the pitching that cost the Rangers the series!

The hitting was there.

ncbadges
10-30-2011, 07:56 PM
Why when everyone else is being civil and all does one person decide they have to post on a thread just to be an @$$-hole?

There's one in every crowd. You stay classy, 33. :rolleyes:

ncb

hdavid_27
10-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Not to derail this thread, but do the Cards have a game-used contact? I would like to be added to the list.

Yes, Pat Daly, He runs the Cardinals Authentics store inside Busch Stadium his email is....... pdalyatcardinals.com