PDA

View Full Version : Any one know who bought the Iowa State helmet in this thread?

cyclonenation
10-28-2011, 10:34 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=10336&highlight=college+helmets

Gridiron Heroes
10-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Hello All,
I just want to follow up Andy's post here as I've gotten a half dozen emails so far regarding the helmets available for sale. This link is from a post around 4 1/2 years ago.

My wife had cancer, did pass away, and I did sell my collection (along with my house and later cabin) w/ no intent on returning to the hobby. For those of you that saw pictures of my old sports room w/ collection area you know it pained me to do so. I sold my entire collection of around 300 game used helmets and around the same number of jerseys, plus odds n ends. My two partners bought all of the significant Big Ten and Gophers pieces with the rest going on ebay, friends, and some to the members of this forum.

I always had the nagging urge to re-enter the hobby and did so when I moved to Florida September last year and have been on a terror since aquiring around 40 former Gophers pro jeresys, around 15 helmets, and other misc pieces for my collection. My two partners and best friends also started Gridiron Heroes as an avenue to rebuild relationships to fund purchases for our private collections. We opened up on Nov 1st of last year and thanks to many members of GUU and others we've been done well over the past year. Thank you for that!

I unfortunately have no idea who purchased the Iowa State clear shell I sold. Wish I had it back though...

Shawn Kennedy
gridironheroes22@yahoo.com
GridironHeroes.net