Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jon_8_us
    • May 2006

Can you spot clean a jersey???

Looking for an ideas or proven methods of spot cleaning a 100% polyester authentic LA Kings Gretzky signed jersey.Obviously i don't want to throw it in the washer due to the autograph.It does have some small dirty spots i would like to get rid of.Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks
    jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items
  • TNTtoys
    • Aug 2006

Re: Can you spot clean a jersey???

I had the same issue pop up twice recetly, twice. Luckily my wife is a textiles expert...so I put it in her hands. She spot-cleaned both of them, and both came out spotless (one of them is going to be framed, and the spot was dark too). She took a few tablespoons of "oxy clean" and put into a cup. She then added water little by little until it formed a paste. She then pre-moistened the fabric, and then dabbed the paste onto the spot and pushed it onto the fabric. She let it sit for 2 hours, but in the course of the 2 hours (it starts to try), she re-applied. After 2 hours, you should be able to rinse the spot, and the stain should be gone.
    You might want to try this method on a less valuable jersey first so that you know what you're doing when you get to the real one. Like I said earlier, I let the expert take charge rather than experiment myself...
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• jon_8_us
      • May 2006

Re: Can you spot clean a jersey???

Thanks for the info i may give this a try.
      jon
      Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Comment

Working...