PDA

View Full Version : Can you spot clean a jersey???

jon_8_us
09-20-2006, 07:11 PM
Looking for an ideas or proven methods of spot cleaning a 100% polyester authentic LA Kings Gretzky signed jersey.Obviously i don't want to throw it in the washer due to the autograph.It does have some small dirty spots i would like to get rid of.Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks
jon

TNTtoys
09-21-2006, 09:37 AM
I had the same issue pop up twice recetly, twice. Luckily my wife is a textiles expert...so I put it in her hands. She spot-cleaned both of them, and both came out spotless (one of them is going to be framed, and the spot was dark too). She took a few tablespoons of "oxy clean" and put into a cup. She then added water little by little until it formed a paste. She then pre-moistened the fabric, and then dabbed the paste onto the spot and pushed it onto the fabric. She let it sit for 2 hours, but in the course of the 2 hours (it starts to try), she re-applied. After 2 hours, you should be able to rinse the spot, and the stain should be gone.
You might want to try this method on a less valuable jersey first so that you know what you're doing when you get to the real one. Like I said earlier, I let the expert take charge rather than experiment myself...

jon_8_us
09-21-2006, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the info i may give this a try.
jon