Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 2dales1number3
    • Aug 2006

Looking for Braves

Looking for Braves GU. Murphy, Horner, Niekro, Francouer, LaRoche, The Joneses, Maddux, Sutter, Gaylord Perry, Chambliss, Nettles, or any Coaches items(Appling, Aaron, Stargell, Mathews, etc). Also if anyone has a Aaron, Spahn, or Mathews GU items laying around. LOL

any braves jerseys (1986 and older)

also looking for Braves pennants, all teams souvenir helmets, and large lots of baseball cards (from 1970s-1993).
  • kylehess10
    • Feb 2006

Re: Looking for Braves

Radtke Sports has the Jonses Alternative jerseys and a Francoeur home jersey:

kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
    http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• mphcollectibles
      • Nov 2005

Please look at my post on the For Sale page it is titled "Game Used List for Sale".

Comment

• MVP
        • Nov 2005

The Braves jerseys on Radke Sports have the incorrect font on the nameplates. The Braves did not use the block font in 2005.

-Henry

Comment

• suave1477
          Banned
          • Jan 2006

I have 2 Braves Jerseys for sale and an autographed 1982 Team Baseball. I recently solf Adam LaRoche Rookie Game Used Jersey.
          email me at admin@gameuseddirect.com

Comment

• skipcareyisfat
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by suave1477
            I have 2 Braves Jerseys for sale and an autographed 1982 Team Baseball. I recently solf Adam LaRoche Rookie Game Used Jersey.
            email me at admin@gameuseddirect.com
            Jason - What's up with your website? Is gameuseddirect.com an old URL? The "for sale" section has a bunch of batting cage pics and "my collection" looks more like a bulletin board for pep rallies. It's been like that for a while. Am I missing something? Thanks.
            Jason
            "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Comment

• suave1477
              Banned
              • Jan 2006

SkipCarey no I apologize I started building the site myself I tried doing previously with a no name site builder and it was pretty easy. So when me and my partners decided to open up our own web site me figuring all is same voluneteered to build the site using Yahoo Site Builder which reads like Stereo Instructions. So I got a bit lax with trying to figure out how to do and decided I will have Professional come in and help me with it, but I have been so busy in other areas of my life I haven't had the chance to do that either.

SO I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS TIME TO APOLOGIZE TO ANY AND ALL MEMBERS WHO HAVE VISITED MY SITE AND WEREN'T ABLE TO VIEW ANYMORE THEN A PRE-WEBSITE.

I will be on top of this shortly and have it up and running.
              I will update everyone when the site is up and would really prefer your feedback as to how to make it more attractive, easy to use, and if anything should be added.

Comment

• skipcareyisfat
                • Nov 2005

No problem, man. Good luck with it. Let us know when the new one goes up!
                Thanks,
                Jason
                "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."

Comment

• 2dales1number3
                  • Aug 2006

Hey skipcaray didnt I see where you had a Murphy helmet? wanna sell it?

Comment

• skipcareyisfat
                    • Nov 2005

Hey 2dales - Yes, I do have one but I'm not interested in selling it. Plus, another guy has been bugging me to sell it him for the past few years. My collecting focus is on g/u batting helmets, my team is the Braves and my favorite player is Murphy, so the helmet is sort of like having the best of all three worlds. I've had it for about 12 years and I just got signed by Murphy earlier this year. I'm not big into getting gamers signed, but I couldn't pass on this one. He added "my game used helmet" and took a picture holding it. He was such a great guy.

Comment

• radtke
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by MVP
                      The Braves jerseys on Radke Sports have the incorrect font on the nameplates. The Braves did not use the block font in 2005.

-Henry
                      That's funny I guess you know more than the Braves organization. I have the receipt of the purchase of those jerseys from the Atlanta Braves stating them as game used. The Atlanta Braves's opinion is a bit better than yours. Nice try!

Comment

• radtke
                        • Mar 2006

One more thing a photo of Francoeur holding up the jersey, signed with the inscription "Game Used Rookie Year". Buy what you will, but I am skeptical about some guys attempt to be the all knowing Braves jersey expert on the Forum.

Comment

• radtke
                          • Mar 2006

check this image out on getty its from 2005. you're arguement has been de-bunked.

Image #53468558

Comment

• skipcareyisfat
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by radtke
                            check this image out on getty its from 2005. you're arguement has been de-bunked.

Image #53468558
                            To me, this the photo clearly shows Francoeur wearing an arched nameplate. In fact, except for the BP jerseys, I couldn't find any pics of Francoeur, Chipper or Andruw wearing block lettering in 2005. From what I understand, the team ditched the arched style this year because the block style is easier to sew on jerseys. I'm slightly open to believing that the Braves MIGHT have used block lettering for Andruw, Chipper or Francoeur. But why would they? They knew Francoeur would get called up eventually in 2005, so I wouldn't think they'd have to scramble to make a jersey for him. And there's really no excuse to give Chipper or Andruw jerseys that didn't have arched plates.

I have seen Braves players in person prior to 2006 wearing jerseys with block style nameplates and with oddly spaced lettering. However, I would wager that most, if not all, of those were worn by guys that had either recently been called up or acquired via trade.

I realize you might've gotten those jerseys from the team. And I'm not saying they are or aren't real, nor am I trying to start an argument. But I wouldn't trust the Braves wholeheartedly with regard to their COAs. I once bought two replica jerseys from them (no number, name or year tag), yet I still received two COAs stating the jerseys were game worn. Also, most players today wouldn't be able to recognize one of their own game used jerseys. Bats, shoes, helmets, gloves? Probably. And some guys - such as Andruw Jones - will add "game used" to just about anything.

Do your jerseys happen to have MLB holograms?

Comment

• radtke
                              • Mar 2006

Look at the jersey we are selling on radtkesports.com it matches the getty photos, that guy who posted is blind.

Comment

Working...