PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Braves

2dales1number3
09-21-2006, 10:25 AM
Looking for Braves GU. Murphy, Horner, Niekro, Francouer, LaRoche, The Joneses, Maddux, Sutter, Gaylord Perry, Chambliss, Nettles, or any Coaches items(Appling, Aaron, Stargell, Mathews, etc). Also if anyone has a Aaron, Spahn, or Mathews GU items laying around. LOL

any braves jerseys (1986 and older)

also looking for Braves pennants, all teams souvenir helmets, and large lots of baseball cards (from 1970s-1993).

kylehess10
09-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Radtke Sports has the Jonses Alternative jerseys and a Francoeur home jersey:

http://www.radtkesports.com/default.php/cPath/17_56

mphcollectibles
09-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Please look at my post on the For Sale page it is titled "Game Used List for Sale".

MVP
09-21-2006, 12:32 PM
The Braves jerseys on Radke Sports have the incorrect font on the nameplates. The Braves did not use the block font in 2005.

-Henry

suave1477
09-21-2006, 12:37 PM
I have 2 Braves Jerseys for sale and an autographed 1982 Team Baseball. I recently solf Adam LaRoche Rookie Game Used Jersey.
email me at admin@gameuseddirect.com

skipcareyisfat
09-21-2006, 12:59 PM
I have 2 Braves Jerseys for sale and an autographed 1982 Team Baseball. I recently solf Adam LaRoche Rookie Game Used Jersey.
email me at admin@gameuseddirect.com

Jason - What's up with your website? Is gameuseddirect.com an old URL? The "for sale" section has a bunch of batting cage pics and "my collection" looks more like a bulletin board for pep rallies. It's been like that for a while. Am I missing something? Thanks.
Jason

suave1477
09-21-2006, 01:49 PM
SkipCarey no I apologize I started building the site myself I tried doing previously with a no name site builder and it was pretty easy. So when me and my partners decided to open up our own web site me figuring all is same voluneteered to build the site using Yahoo Site Builder which reads like Stereo Instructions. So I got a bit lax with trying to figure out how to do and decided I will have Professional come in and help me with it, but I have been so busy in other areas of my life I haven't had the chance to do that either.

SO I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS TIME TO APOLOGIZE TO ANY AND ALL MEMBERS WHO HAVE VISITED MY SITE AND WEREN'T ABLE TO VIEW ANYMORE THEN A PRE-WEBSITE.

I will be on top of this shortly and have it up and running.
I will update everyone when the site is up and would really prefer your feedback as to how to make it more attractive, easy to use, and if anything should be added.

skipcareyisfat
09-21-2006, 01:58 PM
No problem, man. Good luck with it. Let us know when the new one goes up!
Thanks,
Jason

2dales1number3
09-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey skipcaray didnt I see where you had a Murphy helmet? wanna sell it?

skipcareyisfat
09-22-2006, 08:43 AM
Hey 2dales - Yes, I do have one but I'm not interested in selling it. Plus, another guy has been bugging me to sell it him for the past few years. My collecting focus is on g/u batting helmets, my team is the Braves and my favorite player is Murphy, so the helmet is sort of like having the best of all three worlds. I've had it for about 12 years and I just got signed by Murphy earlier this year. I'm not big into getting gamers signed, but I couldn't pass on this one. He added "my game used helmet" and took a picture holding it. He was such a great guy.

radtke
09-22-2006, 01:35 PM
The Braves jerseys on Radke Sports have the incorrect font on the nameplates. The Braves did not use the block font in 2005.

-Henry

That's funny I guess you know more than the Braves organization. I have the receipt of the purchase of those jerseys from the Atlanta Braves stating them as game used. The Atlanta Braves's opinion is a bit better than yours. Nice try!

radtke
09-22-2006, 01:40 PM
One more thing a photo of Francoeur holding up the jersey, signed with the inscription "Game Used Rookie Year". Buy what you will, but I am skeptical about some guys attempt to be the all knowing Braves jersey expert on the Forum.

radtke
09-22-2006, 01:45 PM
check this image out on getty its from 2005. you're arguement has been de-bunked.

Image #53468558

skipcareyisfat
09-22-2006, 02:16 PM
check this image out on getty its from 2005. you're arguement has been de-bunked.

Image #53468558

To me, this the photo clearly shows Francoeur wearing an arched nameplate. In fact, except for the BP jerseys, I couldn't find any pics of Francoeur, Chipper or Andruw wearing block lettering in 2005. From what I understand, the team ditched the arched style this year because the block style is easier to sew on jerseys. I'm slightly open to believing that the Braves MIGHT have used block lettering for Andruw, Chipper or Francoeur. But why would they? They knew Francoeur would get called up eventually in 2005, so I wouldn't think they'd have to scramble to make a jersey for him. And there's really no excuse to give Chipper or Andruw jerseys that didn't have arched plates.

I have seen Braves players in person prior to 2006 wearing jerseys with block style nameplates and with oddly spaced lettering. However, I would wager that most, if not all, of those were worn by guys that had either recently been called up or acquired via trade.

I realize you might've gotten those jerseys from the team. And I'm not saying they are or aren't real, nor am I trying to start an argument. But I wouldn't trust the Braves wholeheartedly with regard to their COAs. I once bought two replica jerseys from them (no number, name or year tag), yet I still received two COAs stating the jerseys were game worn. Also, most players today wouldn't be able to recognize one of their own game used jerseys. Bats, shoes, helmets, gloves? Probably. And some guys - such as Andruw Jones - will add "game used" to just about anything.

Do your jerseys happen to have MLB holograms?

radtke
09-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Look at the jersey we are selling on radtkesports.com it matches the getty photos, that guy who posted is blind.

skipcareyisfat
09-22-2006, 02:39 PM
Rich - I must be blind, too, because they don't even look close. Compare #71271983 (from 2006 - non arched) to #55779633 (2005 - arched, taken during the same game as your image #53468558). There is clearly an arched nameplate on the back of the 2005 jersey.

radtke
09-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Why is it in the Game Used Realm everyone is an expert? Why is it that when you have team authentication, a player signed jersey with a photo, and the getty images match, you still run into people stating it's not game used. I realize that the people will always doubt and you should do your homework, but some people post on here as experts of jerseys and have no idea what they are talking about. This is not directed at you Skip.

radtke
09-22-2006, 02:56 PM
can you please show me the difference of the Fonts of these 2 jerseys worn in 2005. One is McCann image #55868469 with the Francoeur jersey on Radtkesports.com There is no Font difference and it is from the same year. What else do you need?

skipcareyisfat
09-22-2006, 03:25 PM
can you please show me the difference of the Fonts of these 2 jerseys worn in 2005. One is McCann image #55868469 with the Francoeur jersey on Radtkesports.com There is no Font difference and it is from the same year. What else do you need?

Images #55868930 is from the same 2005 game. Image #57561742 is from 2006. You really can't see a difference? At any rate, let me restate that I'm not arguing whether your jerseys are good or not. I will stand firm on the fact that both images you referenced show jerseys with nameplates that do not match the ones on your website.

For further reference, next time you're at BP Sports, take a look at the framed Smoltz jersey behind his counter. Arched nameplate. Then compare it to those red Sunday jerseys that McCann and Chipper signed last week, as well as ones that haven't yet been signed by Francouer, if they're from this year. Non-arching nameplates.

Off topic for a moment here. Rich, have you picked up anything from Vick yet? Monday's game should be fun to watch. Would love to see him air it out a little more than last week.

radtke
09-22-2006, 03:36 PM
The McCann Image is from the NLDS Game in 05' which is the same year as the Francoeur jersey which is also an 05' You and I must see different things when it comes to looking at these nameplates because they look identical to me.

As far as the Vick 06 stuff we have it in hand here is what we have:

Vick's Carolina and Bucs Jersey Unlaundered
Vick's Pants from The Bucs and Carolina Game Unlaundered
Vick's Shoes from Both Games '06 Style (really neat)

I can't wait until Monday Night.

skipcareyisfat
09-22-2006, 03:46 PM
Thanks. Look forward to meeting you sometime. Maybe I'll catch you over at BP's.

MVP
09-22-2006, 03:46 PM
The Braves stopped using the Arched nameplates in 2005. They began using a standard block font in 2006. Prior to 2006 they only used block lettering for call-ups and players that were traded. Chipper , Andrew and Francoeur never used block lettering in 2005...they all should have arched lettering. You should return them to the braves because those jerseys were not worn by the players in a game. The photos on getty show that they are arched.

-Henry

suave1477
09-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Why is it in the Game Used Realm everyone is an expert? Why is it that when you have team authentication, a player signed jersey with a photo, and the getty images match, you still run into people stating it's not game used. I realize that the people will always doubt and you should do your homework, but some people post on here as experts of jerseys and have no idea what they are talking about. This is not directed at you Skip.

Radtke I am not a raves Jersey expert nor am I saying your item isnt real. Heres what I am saying the pictures your showing for evidence to prove your point really dont becuz there not matches in anyway to the item your selling - your same you have jersey likeness matches and you dont.

You have team authentication thats great, You have a player signed Jersey thats great, You have matching Getty images - you dont, running into people saying its not game used - i havent seen anyone here say its not game used / just thats its not matching the year you claim it to be from.

As far as your Team Authentication guess what it was made by humans who can error something even as little as a typo on a year. Aplayer signed Jersey with a photo - as we all know Players will sometimes sign anything that doesnt mean its the real or from the year he states. As far as he knows it could be his rookie Jersey but im sure he doesnt keep track of the fonts from what years they come from.

Again I am not saying I am an expert I am just repeating back to you the facts you have given. Which everything is not adding up.

suave1477
09-22-2006, 04:00 PM
MVP I disagree with you also you cannot make the claim they were not worn, maybe not in 2005 but the Jersey could have been from 2006 as it does match the exact Jerseys Francouer wore this year.

MVP
09-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Here is the correct arched "FRANCOEUR from 2005" from getty:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/53462531.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEAB00F9700B1B2410 http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/55386153.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE289FF5D788ECDF17

Here is the correct andruw Jones font from getty:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/53349748.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1 (http://javascript<b></b>:OpenChildWindow('http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=53349748&cdi=0', '', 'width=640,height=500,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scr ollbars=yes,status=no,titlebar=no,toolbar=no');)ht tp://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/53059030.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CE41BF67011C56BF27

MVP
09-22-2006, 04:05 PM
They could not be from 2006 because they dont have the patch on the sleeve. They should have tagging on the front under the majestic tag as well with the year. He should take them back to the braves and get his money back.

radtke
09-22-2006, 04:10 PM
The Braves stopped using the Arched nameplates in 2005. They began using a standard block font in 2006. Prior to 2006 they only used block lettering for call-ups and players that were traded. Chipper , Andrew and Francoeur never used block lettering in 2005...they all should have arched lettering. You should return them to the braves because those jerseys were not worn by the players in a game. The photos on getty show that they are arched.

-Henry

Henry,

With all due respect, I think you can look at the image of McCann's jersey #55868469 an 05 White Braves Jersey and see the font and nameplate are IDENTICAL as the White Francoeur jersey we sell on radtkesports.com

MVP
09-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Unfortunatley the McCann photo has an ARCHED nameplate and yours are not. Ask anyone on the forum...Here is the photo you are referring to:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/55868469.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1 (http://javascript<b></b>:OpenChildWindow('http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=55868469&cdi=0', '', 'width=640,height=500,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scr ollbars=yes,status=no,titlebar=no,toolbar=no');)
Do a search on uniwatchblog.com...paul lukas talks about the lettering.

MVP
09-22-2006, 04:18 PM
Rudy:

Can you do some cut and paste with some photos so radtke can see the correct arched lettering on a 2005 Braves Francoeur or Jones jersey next to the incorrect non arched nameplates on radtke sports.

-Henry

radtke
09-22-2006, 04:24 PM
Last time I post on this issue. MVP and any other person who says these jerseys are not game worn that were sold by the Braves organization is insinuating that all the Braves game used jerseys that were sold in their last 2 game used jersey sales were not game worn. You have to realize that the Braves sold more than 50 jerseys at each sale. Again, I will stress this issue one more time. MVP unless you are the one manufacturing Braves jerseys and attend every Braves game and take photos of the players in each of their jerseys during every game, you can never make the statement that the jerseys are not game worn because you do not know. Also, the Braves organization to me is much more reputable than a guy who posts on this forum.

MVP
09-22-2006, 04:29 PM
You can check every photo of Francoeur of every game that he played in 2005. He never wore a jersey with block lettering FRANCOEUR on the back. You can check the sports illustrated that had photos of his first home game in atlanta....all with arched lettering. It is the August 29, 2005 issue. here is the cover:

http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/2005/0829_large.jpg

MVP
09-22-2006, 04:46 PM
I don't think you would find anyone on this forum who would buy a 2005 jersey of chipper, andruw or jeff with block nameplates for $2500 each. maybe as a replica but not as a game worn jersey.

kylehess10
09-22-2006, 06:35 PM
I realize you might've gotten those jerseys from the team. And I'm not saying they are or aren't real, nor am I trying to start an argument. But I wouldn't trust the Braves wholeheartedly with regard to their COAs. I once bought two replica jerseys from them (no number, name or year tag), yet I still received two COAs stating the jerseys were game worn.

I went to the Braves Clubhouse Store a week ago and I think I saw the same thing. They have these Braves jersey's for $50 each and they look brand new but the price tag says "game worn jersey $50". They have no number,no nameplate,but a 2000 All Star Game patch. Also there is no evidence that a number and nameplate were ever removed

2dales1number3
09-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Boy, this thread turned into well, not what I was expecting. But if those players didnt wear block lettering in 05 and your 05s have block lettering, then it sounds like someone screwed up somewhere. But thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Anyway SkipCarey can I get your email? I also collect helmets.

kylehess10
09-23-2006, 12:46 AM
woah, I guess you guys are right. I know radtke is a huge sports memorabilia company but I guess the jersey really isn't game worn. Every single picture I found of Francoeur from last year has arched lettering on his jersey (btw-big thanks to MVP for starting all of this, I'm a big Braves fan and I'm starting to buy Braves game worn jerseys for my collection and now knowing that they had different lettering last year that helps me out a lot for in the future when I buy jerseys from that year)

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/53439429.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEE4784E758428FB9E http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/53509896.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=6E4DA7A2E6F912DEAF0652961EF0A3C3
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/55779633.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=4A19D99CD19E54FEB0A8B305927538A5
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/53462531.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1939847EC77F5F8D1CEAB00F9700B1B2410
http://pro.corbis.com/images/42-15824889.jpg?size=67&uid={2976c17b-1394-45cb-8238-7da30abb1a73}

skipcareyisfat
09-23-2006, 08:22 AM
Boy, this thread turned into well, not what I was expecting. But if those players didnt wear block lettering in 05 and your 05s have block lettering, then it sounds like someone screwed up somewhere. But thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Anyway SkipCarey can I get your email? I also collect helmets.

2dales, I'm at jctaylor101@yahoo.com.

Jason

indyred
09-23-2006, 04:55 PM
great information and research here......one of reason why this forum is great.

radtke
09-23-2006, 05:32 PM
MVP,

I hope you know that you are insinuating that the Braves sell FAKE game worn jerseys. Considering I purchased all three jerseys at the same time the Francouer (White), C. Jones (Red), and A. Jones (Red) the Atlanta Braves have a 100% hit rate of selling fakes. Now, that leads me to believe that if I bought 3 jerseys and all three are not game worn then all the jerseys that were sold to the public are not really game worn. Then the Atlanta Braves can be sued for fraudulent advertising and consumer fraud. I will be writing a letter to the Atlanta Braves about this issue and also give them this website for reference. You have to understand that this is a serious issue, because people are spending thousands of dollars under a false pretense that these are really game worn.

indyred
09-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Radtke....any chance you could post pictures of there coa and the front of the jerseys. Just to see what the tagging looks like. I'd ask the Braves to show you a game photo or a game tape video with that style lettering on the 05 jersey......for red alternate games, they were only used on Sunday home games, around 13 games.....so not as many to research...

kylehess10
09-23-2006, 08:19 PM
MVP,

I hope you know that you are insinuating that the Braves sell FAKE game worn jerseys. Considering I purchased all three jerseys at the same time the Francouer (White), C. Jones (Red), and A. Jones (Red) the Atlanta Braves have a 100% hit rate of selling fakes. Now, that leads me to believe that if I bought 3 jerseys and all three are not game worn then all the jerseys that were sold to the public are not really game worn. Then the Atlanta Braves can be sued for fraudulent advertising and consumer fraud. I will be writing a letter to the Atlanta Braves about this issue and also give them this website for reference. You have to understand that this is a serious issue, because people are spending thousands of dollars under a false pretense that these are really game worn.

yes, I think you should write a letter to the Braves about this issue. I spent about an hour last night looking through ever site I could possible look at and all of them have arched letter, and not 1 with block lettering. The only jersey that I found with block lettering was a pic of Francoeur during BP and that's it but all Road,Home,and Alternate jerseys had arched lettering. To tell you the truth, I really couldn't trust the Braves for game used

sportscentury
09-23-2006, 08:20 PM
SkipCarey no I apologize I started building the site myself I tried doing previously with a no name site builder and it was pretty easy. So when me and my partners decided to open up our own web site me figuring all is same voluneteered to build the site using Yahoo Site Builder which reads like Stereo Instructions. So I got a bit lax with trying to figure out how to do and decided I will have Professional come in and help me with it, but I have been so busy in other areas of my life I haven't had the chance to do that either.

SO I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS TIME TO APOLOGIZE TO ANY AND ALL MEMBERS WHO HAVE VISITED MY SITE AND WEREN'T ABLE TO VIEW ANYMORE THEN A PRE-WEBSITE.

I will be on top of this shortly and have it up and running.
I will update everyone when the site is up and would really prefer your feedback as to how to make it more attractive, easy to use, and if anything should be added.

Jason,

Who are your partners?

Reid

sportscentury
09-23-2006, 08:30 PM
MVP,

Rick,

In all fairness, MVP never said anything about fraud. Fraud requires intent to deceive. Sometimes dealers, teams, players, etc., make mistakes. I've purchased items from teams that have been advertised as game used but were not, in fact, game used. I have also purchased items from teams that were indeed game used but were not advertised as such. The team's representation of an item as game used does not make an item game used. I'm not passing judgment on your jerseys at all. I've purchased several game worn/signed jerseys from the Braves over the years and they have all been perfect (MLB hologram, BF-BA marker on tag, correct tagging, clear game wear, signatures, etc.), so clearly the Braves are not in the practice of selling only non-game-worn jerseys (not to mention all of the high end items that Atlanta Sports Collectibles/Barry Sanders has purchased directly from the Braves over the years).

I don't think MVP was suggesting that the Braves acted fraudulently. I think he was sharing his research in support of his belief that the jerseys are not game worn. If he did this in an unjust or reckless manner, I'd be the first to say so, but I think he has provided information in an ethical manner that is in line with GUF rules and policies. Again, this is not to pass judgment on your jerseys. I wish you luck with them and with your communications with the Braves. Please share an update with us once you have one.

Reid

Eric
09-24-2006, 10:09 AM

-Henry

MVP
Please email me immediately regarding your account.
Thank you
Eric
ecky3@aol.com

radtke
09-25-2006, 09:51 AM
Hello Everyone,

We have taken off the jerseys that were considered game used by the Atlanta Braves. We do not want to sell jerseys that could be fake and are in dispute. Until we resolve this issue with the team, I would like to thank some of the people on this board for pointing this out. What is the tragic part of this issue is that you cannot trust a team as a source for game used jerseys. Also, we have one other Francoeur Gamer from his rookie year that we will post on the website. We assumed both were the same style (fonts and nameplates). So we only put one one to sell. After comparing the 2 jerseys, you can definetly see the difference in the fonts on the back. We also have a McCann Road Jersey (05) from the same year and it has the correct fonts as well. MVP, I only disputed what you were saying because it is hard to imagine that the Braves would sell jerseys at the price we paid for them, only to find out these guys probably never wore them. Thanks again and we will be putting the RIGHT Francoeur up soon!

sportscentury
09-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Rick,

I hope GUF readers recognize the professionalism with which you have handled this issue. Best of luck with the jerseys and please do give us an update as to your communications with the Braves. Glad to see you posting on GUF.

Best,
Reid

TNTtoys
09-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Looking for Braves GU. Murphy, Horner, Niekro, Francouer, LaRoche, The Joneses, Maddux, Sutter, Gaylord Perry, Chambliss, Nettles, or any Coaches items(Appling, Aaron, Stargell, Mathews, etc). Also if anyone has a Aaron, Spahn, or Mathews GU items laying around. LOL

any braves jerseys (1986 and older)

also looking for Braves pennants, all teams souvenir helmets, and large lots of baseball cards (from 1970s-1993).

If you are interested, I have a pair of Braves Turn Back the Clock jerseys from 2002. The first is the home white style, same as the style worn when Aaron hit his 714th. It's game worn by Leo Mazzone (light wear). The second is former infielder Jesse Garcia's. It is the road style from the same year (royal blue front). It is either game worn or game issued (no signs of wear, however, Garcia never got into the game -- likely worn by him on the bench). I'm accepting serious offers on either.

angrymuppet
09-26-2006, 12:23 PM
I have many Braves "Game Used" and "issues" in my collection. Prior to 2006 if a player needed a jersey in a hurry (i.e. trade, call-up, etc.) then the sewing of the name onto the plate and onto the jersey was done by the team's seamstress. This to my knowledge was always done in block lettering. Not really sure why but this was the case. All jerseys that were ordered directly from Majestic were done in arch lettering. In 2006 the Braves switched to block style lettering to keep everything uniform on the field.

With that said...

I do have a 2005 Game Used Adam LaRoche Red Alternate jersey that was worn by Adam on Sunday's last year. It does show signs of use / washing.

If anyone is interested feel free to email me offers at angrymuppet@gmail.com .

indyred
11-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Any updates?

suave1477
11-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Sportscentury sorry for getting back to you late on your question I just noticed it.

But I am little confused by your question, can you please be more specific?

sportscentury
11-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Sportscentury sorry for getting back to you late on your question I just noticed it.

But I am little confused by your question, can you please be more specific?

Jason,

Well, better late than never. But I'm not sure there is a way that I could be more specific (or clearer). You mentioned you had partners that you started your website business with and I asked who your partners are.

Thanks,

Reid

sportscentury
11-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Jason/Suave,

I saw you posted elsewhere on the forum today: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=5649

I did respond to you on this thread (see my last post, #50) ... it seemed as though you were interested in answering my question about your partners. Please let me know.

Reid

P.S. It's great to see you posting again. Someone actually started a thread asking what happened to you! Is everything okay? http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=5587