Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • solarlottry
    • Jan 2009

Garrison Hearst UGA gamer-Legendary Auctions

In the most recent Legendary Auction, that just opened today, they had listed a Garrison Hearst UGA gamer, supposedly worn in the 1993 Citrus Bowl vs Ohio State.

Of course this is a jersey I would have loved to own. I did some research and found that the shirt up for auction did not match the actual game jersey in a number of ways.

The sleeves on GH's real jersey were cut way short and had NO stripes whereas the auction jersey had longer sleeves with a # of stripes. The actual game jersey was also cur short and had no tags, unlike the auction shirt which was a standard cut and had tags. There were a # of other differences as well.

This research took all of an 1 hour. I emailed Legendary and their President and CEO Doug Allen returned the email a few days later and subsequently took the shirt down.

I commend Legendary for taking this shirt down but I wonder why it is the bidder and not the auction house doing this kind of research? These games are. for the most part, available on YOUTUBE and style matching a shirt can help rule it in or out (in this case out!).

With all the recent FBI goings on, I wonder if the auction houses will make a concerted effort to weed out these non-authentic items BEFORE they post them?

Always buying 49ers gamers.
    Paul
    garciajones@yahoo.com
  • BrianK
    • Jan 2011

Re: Garrison Hearst UGA gamer-Legendary Auctions

Originally posted by solarlottry
    I commend Legendary for taking this shirt down but I wonder why it is the bidder and not the auction house doing this kind of research?
    I wonder the same thing.

Comment

• UGA016
      • Apr 2010

Do u have pictures of this jersey?

Comment

• solarlottry
        • Jan 2009

I do have Images that I saved from the auction, which I will post later today.

Paul

Comment

Working...