PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemons jersey tagging

stlbats
09-21-2006, 07:15 PM
I saw a highlight of Clemons yesterday of him coming up on the dugout steps to wave to the crowd with his jersey untucked. I saw it fast but I think the majestic authentic tags were gone.

havent been able to find a pic yet

anyone else see this? I know this topic has been discussed before

jason

stlbats
09-21-2006, 07:17 PM
i might have been wrong, maybe rudy can analyze this for a closer look

jason

http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/news/ticketinfo_98x33.gif (http://houston.astros.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/hou/ticketing/index.jsp)
http://houston.astros.mlb.com/images/2006/09/20/zIYbNQUr.jpg

CollectGU
09-21-2006, 07:30 PM
Nice find...Also the video on the game at the Houston Astros website confirms the same - the tags have been removed...

trsent
09-22-2006, 01:07 PM
It has been widely known that since around 2003 or so, that Roger Clemens has torn the tags out of most if not all the jerseys that he wears. I do not know why, but this is the case. I am sure Chris Boyd can chime in with a better explanation and his practices with his Astros jerseys.

eGameUsed
09-22-2006, 05:12 PM
I am not sure why, but I have owned 5 Clemens jerseys since 2004, and all but 2 did not have tags. The 2 that had tags showed light use, one was even a "6200" tagged. Here is a previous thred:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=1238

When I obtained my Clemens jersey after the 2004 season, it drove me nits for a while because it didn not have the tags. I spoke with Keith Vari and he confirmed Clemens traits of tag removal.

Let me know if you have any other questions on Clemens jerseys as I have done a ton of research!

Thanks,

sportscentury
09-23-2006, 10:26 AM
It has been widely known that since around 2003 or so, that Roger Clemens has torn the tags out of most if not all the jerseys that he wears. I do not know why, but this is the case. I am sure Chris Boyd can chime in with a better explanation and his practices with his Astros jerseys.

Joel is correct. I have not seen a Clemens jersey in a few years that I felt at all comfortable with that still had the tags on it. I'm not sure if the tags irritate him, if it's superstition (baseball players have had a lot of crazy superstitions - chicken anyone?), or what the reason is. But Clemens does not like the tags. Some players are very sensitive to jersey attributes (Pedro, Clemens, Henderson, etc.). The next time someone talks to Clemens (at a show, at a game, etc.), this would be a great question to ask him.

Reid

trsent
09-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Joel is correct. I have not seen a Clemens jersey in a few years that I felt at all comfortable with that still had the tags on it. I'm not sure if the tags irritate him, if it's superstition (baseball players have had a lot of crazy superstitions - chicken anyone?), or what the reason is. But Clemens does not like the tags. Some players are very sensitive to jersey attributes (Pedro, Clemens, Henderson, etc.). The next time someone talks to Clemens (at a show, at a game, etc.), this would be a great question to ask him.

Reid

When Roger calls me, we only talk about poker and pitching.

skinner16
09-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Who is Kevin Vari? Mr. Boyd do you still have any of the Clemens jerseys?

trsent
09-23-2006, 01:18 PM

Keith Vari is considered to be very knowledgeable of game used jerseys. He has worked for Leland's and Grey Flannel in the past few years.

JETEFAN
09-23-2006, 02:45 PM
In speaking to Keith Vari on this subject a while back, he told me that Clemens started removing the tagging after he reached 300 wins and 3000 strike outs. All the good jerseys I have seen seem to follow this time line.

George

hblakewolf
09-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Skinner16-
Please contact me at my email address below with your private email or contact information.

Thanks.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

eGameUsed
09-23-2006, 04:40 PM

You already got the answer on KEITH Vari. Yes, I do still have Clemens jerseys.

skinner16
09-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Skinner16-
Please contact me at my email address below with your private email or contact information.

Thanks.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Just send me a private message.

skinner16
09-24-2006, 03:13 PM
You already got the answer on KEITH Vari. Yes, I do still have Clemens jerseys.

I didn't see them on your site.

Thanks for the answer on Vari. I'm new to this and didn't know who he was.

eGameUsed
09-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Skinner16,

One is located here:

http://www.egameused.com/clemens_2004_jersey.html

The other is a road 2005 jersey that is not pictured. Neither are for sale.

hblakewolf
09-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Skinner16-
There is a problem with my private email and it is being corrected. In the meantime, please email me at the address below with your contact info email, phone, etc.). I believe I can provide you with some additional info on this subject.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Just send me a private message.

CollectGU
09-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Skinner16-
There is a problem with my private email and it is being corrected. In the meantime, please email me at the address below with your contact info email, phone, etc.). I believe I can provide you with some additional info on this subject.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Why can you only share it with him? If you have additional info on Clemens tagging, please share it...

Thanks,
Dave

sportscentury
09-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Why can you only share it with him? If you have additional info on Clemens tagging, please share it...

Thanks,
Dave

Dave,

While I realize that you are endlessly fascinated by Howard, Rudy is still waiting for responses to his questions to you on two separate threads. You didn't forget to respond, did you?

Reid

skinner16
09-25-2006, 12:35 AM
Skinner16,

One is located here:

http://www.egameused.com/clemens_2004_jersey.html

The other is a road 2005 jersey that is not pictured. Neither are for sale.

Will these ever be up for sale?

skinner16
09-25-2006, 12:38 AM
Skinner16-

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

I'll wait for your problem to be corrected. I'm not in any hurry. Mr. Boyd is not selling his jerseys and I don't have the funds to buy one right now anyway.

CollectGU
09-25-2006, 07:58 AM
Dave,

While I realize that you are endlessly fascinated by Howard, Rudy is still waiting for responses to his questions to you on two separate threads. You didn't forget to respond, did you?

Reid

Reid,

I'm not really sure which ones you refer to...

Eric
09-25-2006, 08:35 AM
I'll wait for your problem to be corrected. I'm not in any hurry. Mr. Boyd is not selling his jerseys and I don't have the funds to buy one right now anyway.

Skinner-

The problem might be from your end. Can you check your mailbox settings to make sure you can accept mail from everyone?
Thanks
Eric

skinner16
09-28-2006, 03:16 PM
We got it figured out. Thanks.