PDA

View Full Version : Are there any other GU sites??

jon_8_us
09-21-2006, 07:35 PM
When i colleted cards there were many forum sites dedicated to cards.Is Game used universe one of a kind??
jon

suave1477
09-21-2006, 08:27 PM
I believe so I have looked all over for something similar and there is none, The Game Used collecting community is strong but small, not only that I have went to Team Fan forums and the whole Game Used collecting memorabilia was either not accepted or they were clueless about it.

I went to a Fan Forum today and the thought of Game Used collecting was strongly not welcomed.

trsent
09-21-2006, 08:42 PM
I believe the Hockey World has their own forum for game used hockey jerseys and equiptment.

There is also the MEARS (http://www.mearsonline.com/) forum at which is not well used, but similar to this site with not as much activity.

jon_8_us
09-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Suave,Why would they dislike the idea of game used collecting so much?
jon

indyred
09-21-2006, 09:17 PM
This is the best all around game used site for talk that I have came across. As far as MLB, NBA, NFL game used news....But as trsent said, there are 2 big hockey game used forums, mostly focusing on jerseys and hockey equipment. I think there is some friction between the two, not sure of the details. Barry Meisel from Meigray is pretty good about posting on them and updating there sales and hockey information on upcoming deals..

suave1477
09-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Suave,Why would they dislike the idea of game used collecting so much?
jon

Jon 8 us, I would say for 2 reasons -

1) ignorance is bliss and as I said they were clueless about the hobby, They didnt feel it was cool to have a Game Used Jersey, there responses were more like - "ewwww who would want some guys sweaty Jersey". So as you can tell they don't understand the significance of the item - Thats great for me one less person I have to worry about bidding against lol lol:p

2) For the simple fact also that since there site is a fan fourm of a Baseball Talk they only want the discussions regardng baseball talk - they feel like your trying to step on there turf if you speak of anything else outside of Just basbeball - which to me is really contradictory becuz the uniform is just as much about the game as the players are - But thats just me!!!

possum
09-23-2006, 09:15 PM
www.gameworn.net and www.gamewornjerseys.com are both primarily hockey sites.