PDA

View Full Version : Islanders wish to remind the NHL what fugly is

gingi79
11-16-2011, 09:32 PM
In the early 1980's, the NHL had a Dynasty in the form of the New York Islanders. A half a dozen HOF players, arguably the best LW ever and a great cast to root for. They struggled somewhat by the late 80's but had a magical season in 1993. Somehow, "Pathetic" then took hold of the entire franchise.

Forget the fact they had a ton of management woes. Forget Mike Milbury's systematic attack to disgrace the franchise by trading any players with talent or skill. The Fisherman Logo, a cluster&uck of fugly that assaulted anyone who ever even saw it, should have been the exclamation point to never mess with the classic dignity of the original.

So someone, explain how they OUTDID themselves and created a jersey that embarrasses me to even type about. It's like they took the Thrashers jersey that was widely referred to as "A football jersey that was assaulted by a hockey stick against it's will" and then asked a fashion designer how to make it more offensive to look at.

I'd type more, but I'm physically ill....

MarinersFan34
11-16-2011, 10:16 PM
I was actually a fan of the Gorton's fisherman logo, seems the hobby does too since they're always expensive for even a common but I get it's more because of the rare style.

This looks exactly like a lacrosse jersey and it stinks, glad I've never been an Islanders fan.