PDA

View Full Version : MLB Paperless Tickets for Season Ticket Holders

hiramman
11-17-2011, 09:59 AM
In 2012, the Braves will begin using paperless tickets for season ticket holders. This new system loads your tickets on your credit card which is swiped at the gate for entry rather than using the traditional printed tickets.

This will mean fewer of the nice season ticket holder printed tickets will be available to collectors. The team has adjusted the price of paperless tickets vs. the traditional printed tickets so that due to price it almost forces you to accept the paperless ticket route.

Any other season ticket holders from other teams ever used this paperless ticket technology or is it new to everyone? We did have to use it ath the recent Braves Season Ticket Holder Play Day at Turner Field and it was easy to use. Just no ticket in your hand afterwards.

Not sure if every team is doing it, but would be interested in feedback from anyone that has already used it or if their teams are also going to this in 2012.

trsent
11-17-2011, 10:14 AM
In 2012, the Braves will begin using paperless tickets for season ticket holders. This new system loads your tickets on your credit card which is swiped at the gate for entry rather than using the traditional printed tickets.

This will mean fewer of the nice season ticket holder printed tickets will be available to collectors. The team has adjusted the price of paperless tickets vs. the traditional printed tickets so that due to price it almost forces you to accept the paperless ticket route.

Any other season ticket holders from other teams ever used this paperless ticket technology or is it new to everyone? We did have to use it ath the recent Braves Season Ticket Holder Play Day at Turner Field and it was easy to use. Just no ticket in your hand afterwards.

Not sure if every team is doing it, but would be interested in feedback from anyone that has already used it or if their teams are also going to this in 2012.

How will the usher verify your seats?

hdavid_27
11-17-2011, 02:12 PM
I think it is a horrible idea. I recently purchased tickets from the Cardinals for the World Series and for some of the games print at home was the only option.

I do not collect tickets stubs as some do, but I do keep stubs from historical games (World Series, All Star Game, Some players homeruns or milestones etc.)

In the past I have had some framed with scorecards or pictures from the game. I really like the displays with the ticket stubs. It looks like soon these will be a thing of the past.

gingi79
11-17-2011, 02:47 PM
How will the usher verify your seats?

Right after I read this, I had one of those slow moron "Heyyyyy, wait a minute....." moments. I'd like to know this answer as well.

hiramman
11-17-2011, 05:00 PM
The ticket takers at the gat have a little scanner printer, sort of like what the waitresses use for taking concessions orders down in the box seat areas. When they scan your credit card it prints out a little heat printed "Ticket Locater" which is about 1-1/2" wide x 2-1/2" tall for each ticket. it says "Ticket Locater" on it along with your section & seat number. That is what you carry with you to show the usher to verify you are are in your correct seat.

My ticket rep told me today that there would be "commemorative" tickets available at the games in the "Season Ticket Clubhouse" for season ticket holders to get if they wanted an actual ticket to save, but she didn't have any information on exactly what they were or if they were available for every game or just special occasion games. Not really any hard information other than they must have received negative feedback from season ticket holders about not having ticket stubs to save.

woody1351
11-17-2011, 07:06 PM
i dont like that at all i keep all the tickets to events i go to.

slambam
11-20-2011, 07:08 PM
So... what happens if you can't make a game and give the tickets to a friend? I'm guessing they'll have a way to print it off online or something?

NeonStatus
11-20-2011, 07:36 PM
I am not in favor of this change. As mentioned above, what is the season ticker holder to do if they can not make it to a game or would like to gift their seats to a game to someone else? Many keep their stubs as a memento of their time at the event.