PDA

View Full Version : Edgar Renteria's 2010 World Series

mickeymbz
11-19-2011, 11:46 PM
quick input needed: the EDGAR RENTERIA'S 2010 WORLD SERIES game 5 worn jersey used to hit the 3 run homer off cliff lee... how much historical value do you think this piece is?? is it something 8-10 yrs from now gonna be un-memoriable outside of giants fan?? everybody quick input appreciated...especially b4 tonites auction ends.

kylehess10
11-19-2011, 11:59 PM
I didn't even know this jersey was being auctioned til you mentioned it. Looking at it right now, it looks like a sweet jersey, but $15,000 is a pretty big price to pay. I love though that it was kept unwashed but he has the handwriting of a child.

The homerun won the World Series for the Giants, AND it awarded Renteria with the MVP, so if you have the money, I say go for it. You probably won't see it again for a long time to come.

mickeymbz
11-20-2011, 12:06 AM
I didn't even know this jersey was being auctioned til you mentioned it. Looking at it right now, it looks like a sweet jersey, but $15,000 is a pretty big price to pay. I love though that it was kept unwashed but he has the handwriting of a child.

The homerun won the World Series for the Giants, AND it awarded Renteria with the MVP, so if you have the money, I say go for it. You probably won't see it again for a long time to come.

Kyle,, from a world series historical sense.. how big does that game 5 and his play fall in memorialbility... is it something people wont even remember what he dod say 10 yrs from now?,, trying to grasp whether to lay that chunk down,, i agree with you it has its coolness to it b/c of unwashed celebration. im still in the mix..cuz of earlier bid.. but wanna get some input before the next bump. thanks

slam
11-20-2011, 12:08 AM
If I had that kind of money to burn I would go for it. Awesome piece for a true Giants fan.

Dewey2007
11-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Renteria also had the game winning hit in the 1997 WS and do you remember that one? With that said, it was a homerun and will always be memorable given the fact that it was the Giants first WS championship in San Francisco.

Good luck if you go for it!

kylehess10
11-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Well think 10 years back....do we remember things from the Mets-Yankees World Series, the Yankees-Dbacks, Angels-Giants? That's how I would think of it.

Edgar has been apart of THREE World Series winning/ending plays too you have to remember. Game-winning hit in 97. Game-ending swing in 04, and game-winning again in 2010. He's known for his World Series appearances but this one is something you can actually acquire for your own collection which I don't know if it's possible for his 97 or 04 WS jerseys. It's a moment that will definitely be remembered for a long time to come, you just might have to remind people as the years go by how exactly the World Series ended.

Dewey2007
11-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Well put Kyle. If you are a Giants fan and have the money then this is the one to have for your collection.

Well think 10 years back....do we remember things from the Mets-Yankees World Series, the Yankees-Dbacks, Angels-Giants? That's how I would think of it.

Edgar has been apart of THREE World Series winning/ending plays too you have to remember. Game-winning hit in 97. Game-ending swing in 04, and game-winning again in 2010. He's known for his World Series appearances but this one is something you can actually acquire for your own collection which I don't know if it's possible for his 97 or 04 WS jerseys. It's a moment that will definitely be remembered for a long time to come, you just might have to remind people as the years go by how exactly the World Series ended.

mickeymbz
11-20-2011, 12:33 AM
tried ....its gone to someone.. entered in 17.. automatically outbid bumped close to 20k... to rich for my blood... but damn it is cool!

kylehess10
11-20-2011, 01:36 AM
and to think I get mad whenever I'm outbid by an extra $10 :D

mickeymbz
11-20-2011, 03:14 AM
and to think I get mad whenever I'm outbid by an extra $10 :D

tried one last time at midnight 20... auto bumped to 21.5.,, that would be over 27k including the hammer fee.... cant compete with steve perry!! he or someones (baseball hof?) probs got in their max bid at 30-35. oh well... it is one cool piece tho!

schubert1970
11-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Maybe the Giants are purchasing the jersey.

wllump52
11-20-2011, 01:13 PM
I was surprised, but not shocked :confused: that this went for 27 k price with hammer. For Giants fans/game used collectors-- this is a once of a kind jersey from a key contributor to become available. The team only offered a few actual WS jerseys but only from role players/coaches and those sold for $1,100 with tax.

Considering this was the Giants first WS win in the SF era and the first since 1954, this series was huge from a fans view In fact when the team fell short this year, a good number of fans were a bit down but a lot of them were still on the WS 2010 high.

Also, these are some big time Giants jersey collectors out there who have been hunting for one since the series. Many have deep pockets and the chance to add a jersey with this type of team history attached seemed to create a price is no object situation. It only takes two committed and well funded bidders to push an item up in price. It will be interesting to see what happens when another one comes available, especially if it is a more popular player like Posey, Wilson or Lincecum.

I bid real early in case the price stayed reachable. But when it raced to over 10 k early on, I thought about all the bats I could get or the year of college I could pay for and quickly bowed out. :rolleyes: