PDA

View Full Version : MLB Authenticated jersey without team inventory tags

KeepmflyinTX
11-20-2011, 10:11 PM
I recently acquired a Nelson Cruz game used jersey from the Texas Rangers shop at the Ballpark in Arlington. The staff there has been very kind to me on multiple occasions and I have no doubt that the jersey is authentic. The hologram and MLB database match but the jersey does not have an inventory tag sewn in the jersey. It was used during the 2010 ALDS against Tampa Bay. A 2010 World Series patch is attached to the sleeve but is not visible in the picture. I do know that all the 2010 jerseys were modified with the patch in preparation for the World Series. There are some very serious and knowledgeable collectors here and I wondered if anyone else has encountered MLB authenticated game used jerseys without the team inventory tag. Thank you in advance for your help.

Richard

emann
11-21-2011, 12:33 AM
I don't specifically think I have an MLB holo'd jersey without the team tagging, but I do have a few Red Sox jerseys missing their usual strip tagging. All came from the team directly (and a couple have multiple photomatches) and show good use. I wouldn't lose sleep over yours, especially as you probably have a good chance to find video of it.

jshortt
11-21-2011, 12:41 AM
I have a 2007 home Josh Hamilton from the Reds that is missing its "Property Of Cincinnati Reds" tag, but IS a size 50, IS dirty as all get out, IS MLB holo'ed, and came directly from the Reds via MLB.com auction. Not sure why this is, but it definitely does happen from time to time. Mine shows up in the database as "Player Collected Jersey."

HTH,
J

Sincityson
11-21-2011, 11:04 AM
I've seen several Sept callup player's jerseys without the team inventory tag, and they are listed in the MLB db.

tigerdale
11-21-2011, 11:47 AM
I've seen various Detroit Tiger jerseys being sold by the team w/ mlb holograms, but no inventory tag too.

KeepmflyinTX
11-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Gentlemen, thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my question. I have been out of this hobby for a while and there are many things which have changed. It can be confusing at times but it is enjoyable again. Have a good afternoon.