PDA

View Full Version : Robin Ventura on ebay

dcrules01
09-23-2006, 08:10 AM
The seller becollectibles is selling a game worn Mets jersey on ebay that has no tags at all and is hemmed which he states was at Venturas request.Was that a common thing for Ventura its a 2000 Mets game worn..Any help is appreciated..Thanks

allstarsplus
09-23-2006, 09:17 AM
I don't know Ventura's jersey quirks, but many star players get star treatment after they receive their jersey in extra hemming, alterations, and removal of interior or exterior tagging.

I know players like Jose Guillen, Albert Pujols and Mark McGwire on some of their jerseys would get the bottoms hemmed straight.

On a Guillen jersey we have, they hemmed it straight and stitched right throught the Majestic flag tag which luckily wasn't removed.

Cal Ripken and Harold Baines would get velcro sewn in between the 2nd & 3rd buttons as I know some other players have.

Then you have Pedro Martinez's pitching jerseys with the fabric alterations in the armpit area.

Roger Clemens has removed tagging from his jersey---that is a mystery.

My other observation is size and year tags that are missing. My guess is that they weren't sewn in in the 1st place, fell out since there isn't much thread holding them in place or get ripped out.