X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • obpercent1
    • Nov 2007

Advise Needed

Folks,
    I just picked up this game used ball from the 99 All Star Game and now have the chance to have Pedro Martinez sign it. What do you say yes or no keep it as is ? I already have my ticket from the game signed by him with a nice shadow box for the ball as well.
    Thanks
    Attached Files
  • lakeerie92
    • Oct 2008

Re: Advise Needed

I am against signed game used baseball, but that is just my opinion. It really comes down to what you prefer.
    Russell Wuerffel
    Always looking for Chipper Jones game used bats and authenticated hits and MLB authenticated commemorative logo basballs.
    lakeerie92 @ yahoo.com

Comment

• joelsabi
      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by obpercent1
      Folks,
      I just picked up this game used ball from the 99 All Star Game and now have the chance to have Pedro Martinez sign it. What do you say yes or no keep it as is ? I already have my ticket from the game signed by him with a nice shadow box for the ball as well.
      Thanks
      one thing i consider is whether his signature is the same now as it was in 1999 as his sig may have changed over time. for example, i would not consider getting any of ARod's Mariners items signed now. but thats just my preference.
      it would be cool if the signatures on the two items matched.
      Regards,
      Joel S.
      joelsabi @ gmail.com
      Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• kylehess10
        • Feb 2006

I'd get it signed if the ball looked new, but this baseball would look absolutely fine without an auto on it. I'd leave it as it is
        kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
        http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

• R. C. Walker
          • Nov 2005

A signature would look much better than that sticker . . . .
          R. C. Walker
          sigpic

treborreklaw@hotmail.com

Comment

• frikativ54
            • Dec 2007

Folks,
            Thanks
            Keep it as it is. Nothing looks worse on a baseball than a faded or bleeding signature. It looks great now, and it sounds like you've already gotten Pedro's auto.
            Les Zukor
            bagwellgameused@gmail.com
            Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
            (617) 682-0408

Comment

• trsent
              Banned
              • Nov 2005

Folks,
              Thanks
              If it will mean a lot to you, have him sign it right below the All-Star logo.

Don't worry about the future value, do what you will appreciate more down the road.

Comment

Working...