X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AstrosGU
    Banned
    • May 2011

Removing Sharpie from Jersey Number

I did a forum search but was unable to come up with much.

Are there any members that have tried removing a personalization or an autograph from a jersey number? Are there any companies that can do this?

I found a game used jersey that I would love to add to my collection, however, the personalization is a huge deterrent for me. It is personalized in black sharpie on a white jersey number.

Is there anything I could do??
  • farris4292
    • Oct 2010

Re: Removing Sharpie from Jersey Number

Here is THE only thing that works. Its called "MOSTENBOCKERS LIFT OFF LATEX BASED PAINT REMOVER." It will take about 3 days of using to remove the marker. Just apply the liquid (comes in a big spray bottle or a little pouring bottle) then rub or blot dry with a towel. Put a towel in between the jerseyalso to prevent it going through the other side. I tried everything the internet said to do and NOTHING worked. Then I found this product in Home Depot paint section. Its a yellow and white bottle. SPREAD THE WORD!!!!

Comment

• AstrosGU
      Banned
      • May 2011

Originally posted by farris4292
      Here is THE only thing that works. Its called "MOSTENBOCKERS LIFT OFF LATEX BASED PAINT REMOVER." It will take about 3 days of using to remove the marker. Just apply the liquid (comes in a big spray bottle or a little pouring bottle) then rub or blot dry with a towel. Put a towel in between the jerseyalso to prevent it going through the other side. I tried everything the internet said to do and NOTHING worked. Then I found this product in Home Depot paint section. Its a yellow and white bottle. SPREAD THE WORD!!!!
      And this stuff took the sharpie off completely with no remnants of the inscription or autograph?

Comment

• farris4292
        • Oct 2010

Yes. Apply the cleaner and wipe it off at least 6 times a day over 3- 5 days. Make sure you rinse the jersey with water after ever application. It may take you longer since you have a white number. Just have patience and it will work. I took a silver paint pen and a black sharpie off with it.

Comment

• AstrosGU
          Banned
          • May 2011

Farris can you email me please??

Comment

• nevrdiez34
            • Feb 2010

Does anyone have pictures showing examples of before and after using the Motsenbockers product? I have a Jeff Samardzija GU jersey that I asked him to sign "Jeff Samardzija game used 2008". He misheard me and wrote "Jeff Samardzija Game used '10". And when I told him of the mistake he tried to correct it by writing '08 over the '10, but it still looks more like '10. I was thinking of trying to remove the year inscription and leaving "Jeff Samardzija Game Used", but am apprehensive of the results.
            Always looking for Chicago Cubs and Wrigley Field Items

Comment

• nevrdiez34
              • Feb 2010

Oh, and the Samardzija jersey is a Cubs road jersey signed in silver paint pen on a blue number.

Comment

• farris4292
                • Oct 2010

Yes the paint pen will easily come off with that product. Paint pens come off 100 times easier than a sharpie. I used it to removes a black sharpie off a burgundy number and a silver paint pen off a silver number. Ill try to find pics of the before.

Comment

• farris4292
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by farris4292
                  Yes the paint pen will easily come off with that product. Paint pens come off 100 times easier than a sharpie. I used it to removes a black sharpie off a burgundy number and a silver paint pen off a silver number. Ill try to find pics of the before.
                  Sorry I meant silver paint pen off a burgundy number

Comment

• nevrdiez34
                    • Feb 2010

That would be great! Thanks farris

Comment

Working...