PDA

View Full Version : Another Forum Member Ripped Me Off!

brewcrew
11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
I am quite unhappy right now. I've had at least half a dozen pleasant transactions with members of this board, and have asked even more folks for advice (to say nothing of learning more about them on Facebook, LOL!). But now...for the first time...I've been taken for a ride.

I sent mlbforeverhomer (Clayton Lemmons) payment for a game worn jersey on November 14. He said he would mail it out that day. He didn't. I checked back with him on November 18 and he replied on Saturday saying he would mail it out on Monday, November 21. I then emailed him on Thursday, November 24, and he responded that he would be mailing the jersey out on Friday, November 25.

Poof, no jersey today. No tracking number sent. I should point out that I live in San Antonio and he is in Houston. I know I am never going to receive that jersey, and have requested a refund twice. He now will no longer reply to my emails.

And no, I have no recourse through Paypal. I sent payment as a gift despite my better judgment telling me otherwise. I've contacted Paypal to flag his account but unless he does the right thing, my money is gone. You'd think I would have learned not to trust ANYONE but I truly believe that most people are decent human beings. Clearly I was mistaken.

Clayton, I don't want the jersey. I just want my money back. Do the right thing. This is ridiculous. You can't get to a post office but you're able to get on the internet so be an honorable person and send me a refund. I am not afraid to take further action if necessary.

I hate calling people out but I feel I have no other choice. Thanks to some of my fellow forum members for giving me advice on this subject...I sincerely appreciate it.

camarokids
11-28-2011, 02:05 PM
GUU members do not send money as a gift!

brewcrew
11-28-2011, 02:09 PM
I know, I know...lesson MEGA learned. You think I would have learned it after what happened with EurekaDave. Never again.

LastingsMilledge85
11-28-2011, 02:20 PM
A quick search on this forum, and you would find that Clayton has a history of shoddy transactions.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=38864

mlbforeverhomer
11-28-2011, 02:23 PM
LOL... I have offered this lady her money back, or I can send the jersey when I get back in town from the holidays. I am waiting on her reply. Friends, people I have done business with... Please make it rain on this post!

camarokids
11-28-2011, 02:24 PM
I know, I know...lesson MEGA learned. You think I would have learned it after what happened with EurekaDave. Never again.

Dave did get his item. You have an advantage that Dave did not have. You live really close to Clayton. Do not give up!!!

brewcrew
11-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Clayton, I told you I would prefer a refund. My reputation speaks for itself. I didn't want to call you out but apparently that was the only thing that got your attention. Say what you want about me, I know who I am.

brewcrew
11-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Clayton has refunded my money. Thanks for the support, guys! Mods feel free to do what you will with this thread.

mlbforeverhomer
11-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Refund has been sent... Next time before you try and hurt someone's reputation work it out thru emails. I replied to every single email you sent letting you know the current status. Forum members watch out for this one. Online shopping has pampered her way to much with instant tracking gratification.

brewcrew
11-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Clayton, I am not going to get into a forum fight with you over this. I sent you multiple emails asking for a refund, and received no response. Without a response from you I felt I had no other recourse than to take it to the forum. I would point out to you that the instant I took this to the forum, I DID receive a response and a refund from you. Very interesting timing.

Again, my reputation speaks for itself. I will not let you disparage it or engage in petty name-calling.

mlbforeverhomer
11-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Clayton, I am not going to get into a forum fight with you over this. I sent you multiple emails asking for a refund, and received no response. Without a response from you I felt I had no other recourse than to take it to the forum. I would point out to you that the instant I took this to the forum, I DID receive a response and a refund from you. Very interesting timing.

Again, my reputation speaks for itself. I will not let you disparage it or engage in petty name-calling.

I am not arging with you in fact I am stating facts. As for your childish threading emails I will not be doing business with another lady again. I even gave you my phone number to call me at anytime if you have any questions....Thank you for teaching me this lesson. Happy holidays!

Preston
11-28-2011, 02:45 PM
I can personally vouch for BrewCrew being a FIRST CLASS PERSON - if I had a gun to my head and had to pick one of the two as being a "liar", based on both parties' reputations (from what I've read and know), I'd pick mlbforeverhomer without hesitation.

I don't think she would have called you out unless you continued to give empty promises and tried to take advantage of a FEMALE collector. That's pretty low.

(What's next, pushing a kid out of the way for an autograph or stealing candy from them? ha ha ha)

BULBUS
11-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Online shopping has pampered her way to much with instant tracking gratification.

Sellers just need to be honest about the shipping time frame. Don't say you'll get the item out right away if you are not going to!

I totally understand about not being able to not get to the post office right away, but don't lie saying the item was shipped or will be shipped on a specific day if it is not true.

Titans74
11-28-2011, 02:55 PM
BrewCrew,

Glad to hear that in the end you received your refund. Based on MLBForever's reputation, you are lucky.

This is one example of why I typically don't use PayPal. I go oldschool and pay with US Postal money order. It can be tracked to when it's delivered, who signs for it and who cashes. In the event of fraud you can get the Post Master (of your city) involved, bank manager (if cashed at a bank) and bank/post office surveillance.

Unfortunately I have had issues with sellers trying to rip me off in the past. Fortunately I had all my ducks in a row and was able to come out on top. You may consider using money orders in the future. It may be a hassle for the other party, but you have better protection. More options legally. PayPal is iffy with who they will side with.

mlbforeverhomer
11-28-2011, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=Preston;275778]I can personally vouch for BrewCrew being a FIRST CLASS PERSON - if I had a gun to my head and had to pick one of the two as being a "liar", based on both parties' reputations (from what I've read and know), I'd pick mlbforeverhomer without hesitation.

I don't think she would have called you out unless you continued to give empty promises and tried to take advantage of a FEMALE collector. That's pretty low.

(What's next, pushing a kid out of the way for an autograph or stealing candy from them? ha ha ha)[/QUOTE

She had every way of communicating with me and did not. I kept her informed with my current holiday schedule. Glad you like Carah, Justin! From the nasty emails I would assume she is a real keeper. As for any cracks against female collectors I have just had bad moments with them.

earlywynnfan
11-28-2011, 02:59 PM
LOL... I have offered this lady her money back, or I can send the jersey when I get back in town from the holidays. This is advice for all GUU members never do business with a egotistical crazy b$t@h lady!!! I am waiting on her reply. Friends, people I have done business with... Please make it rain on this post!

To be clear, why wasn't the jersey mailed before the holidays?

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

mlbforeverhomer
11-28-2011, 03:02 PM
To be clear, why wasn't the jersey mailed before the holidays?

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

Last minute family hunting trip that carried on at my family ranch thru the holidays! Thanks for the question

Preston
11-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Last minute family hunting trip that carried on at my family ranch thru the holidays! Thanks for the question

Unfortunately because you've been shady with multiple people, nobody believes 1. that you didn't plan to rip her off and 2. that she actually sent "nasty" emails. Your word right now is like Chris Johnson for the majority of this football season - worthless.

Not being mean, just being honest. Thanks for the excuse.

Preston
11-28-2011, 03:09 PM
She had every way of communicating with me and did not. I kept her informed with my current holiday schedule. Glad you like Carah, Justin! From the nasty emails I would assume she is a real keeper. As for any cracks against female collectors I have just had bad moments with them.

One more problem - She didn't communicate with you but she did communicate (email) with you? Hmm...

mlbforeverhomer
11-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Unfortunately because you've been shady with multiple people, nobody believes 1. that you didn't plan to rip her off and 2. that she actually sent "nasty" emails. Your word right now is like Chris Johnson for the majority of this football season - worthless.

Not being mean, just being honest. Thanks for the excuse.

..... I am pretty sure I have NEVER RIPPED anyone off!!! So thanks for knowing Carah! Good luck buddy ;)

both-teams-played-hard
11-28-2011, 03:12 PM
As for your childish threading emails I will not be doing business with another lady again.

I'm glad things worked out. As for the above quote. You do know about the whole procreation thing, right?

mlbforeverhomer
11-28-2011, 03:15 PM
One more problem - She didn't communicate with you but she did communicate (email) with you? Hmm...

Wow Preston your on her team! Congrats for you! I replied to every email, see had my cell phone number (did not).... Email me personally from here forward if you have any questions. Thanks Preston!

skipcarayislegend
11-28-2011, 03:28 PM
I will not be doing business with another lady again.

seriously? last i checked, most if not every scoundrel i've come across or read about in this hobby have been dudes.

otismalibu
11-28-2011, 03:35 PM
last i checked, most if not every scoundrel i've come across or read about in this hobby have been dudes.

Aileen Wuornos sold me an 80s 'gamer' that was really just game issued.

dcgreg25
11-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Now that the issue has been addressed and both parties have posted, I am going to go ahead and lock it. Without chiming in on one side or the other, I hope other forum members can learn from this thread.