Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • woodward30
    • Jan 2009

1971-73 Atlanta Braves Sand Knit Jerseys

Hi, I was wondering if anyone on here owns a 1971-73 Braves Sand Knit game jersey. If anyone on here has one, could you please contact me? My email is woodward30@yahoo.com. I'm specifically looking for one with the #4. I'm not looking to purchase it, just would like to talk about something. Thank you.
  • sox83cubs84
    Banned
    • Apr 2009

Re: 1971-73 Atlanta Braves Sand Knit Jerseys

Originally posted by woodward30
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone on here owns a 1971-73 Braves Sand Knit game jersey. If anyone on here has one, could you please contact me? My email is woodward30@yahoo.com. I'm specifically looking for one with the #4. I'm not looking to purchase it, just would like to talk about something. Thank you.
    To narrow things down a little bit, the Braves only wore Sand-Knit in 1972 (H&R) and 1973 (road only). They did not use Sand-Knit in 1971 (although there is a bogus 1971 Aaron knit out there somewhere).

Dave Miedema

Comment

• flaco1801
      • Nov 2005

Dave...those braves Sandknits have to be the cheapest major league shirts ever made... they are not much better than a t-shirt.....did they wear nicknames for those years? took me years to find out Gallo was Roger Moret...

Comment

• flaco1801
        • Nov 2005

just checked...the 76 shirts had the nicknames...Turner got into trouble for having a player nicknamed "channel" with number 17 for his cable station... slick move...

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by flaco1801
          Dave...those braves Sandknits have to be the cheapest major league shirts ever made... they are not much better than a t-shirt.....did they wear nicknames for those years? took me years to find out Gallo was Roger Moret...
          They still are cheap.

This one just sold on eBay. Not worth a dime over 19.50.

Comment

• sox83cubs84
            Banned
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by flaco1801
            just checked...the 76 shirts had the nicknames...Turner got into trouble for having a player nicknamed "channel" with number 17 for his cable station... slick move...
            The player was Andy Messersmith.

Also, those jerseys were made by Wilson.

Finally, there were a few cheaply-made uniforms issued by Sand-Knit. In addition to the Braves jerseys, the 1982 White Sox unies were pretty chintzy, too. The quality was drastically improved for the 1983 uniforms.

Dave Miedema

Comment

Working...