X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trsent
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

A New Forum Policy I Suggest

If someone is going to call out a suspicious or questionable item, shouldn't you be required to post the auction item number and/or a link to the listing with your post?

Just randomly calling out an item even if you show pictures and mention the auction house it still can be confused with a similar item and it takes a lot of time to look for items posted in discussions that do not have an item number or link.

What does everyone think of this policy being adopted?
  • Preston
    • Mar 2010

Re: A New Forum Policy I Suggest

I'm personally all for it - after all, what's the point if there's no evidence to look at?

Comment

• legaleagle92481
      Banned
      • Oct 2009

Sounds like a great idea sometimes people post selective facts on here as well so that would help prevent stuff from getting skewed as well.

Comment

• otismalibu
        • Nov 2005

I'd also suggest public caning for:

a) individuals who quote photos
        b) those who have no idea how to use an apostrophe
        Greg
        DrJStuff.com

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by otismalibu
          Some of my best friend's cannot use apostrope's.

Comment

• trsent
            Banned
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by both-teams-played-hard
            Some of my best friend's cannot use apostrope's.
            Is that a medical or mental condition?

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by trsent
              Is that a medical or mental condition?
              Medical condition's are subjective. But all in all: Good teacher's are hard to find.

Comment

• soxwin1
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by otismalibu
                I'd also suggest public caning for:

a) individuals who quote photos

Can we also add
                " I love that ...... ( spike, jersey, obsure minor league player, etc)
                " Where did you get that"
                " How much did you pay"

3 of Lettermans top ten questions as posted monthly in the Pick up of the month club thread

Comment

• ironmanfan
                  • Sep 2005

I suggest the removal of the term "hammered."

Comment

• godwulf
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by ironmanfan
                    Unless it appears that the item in question might actually, literally have been hammered.

Jeff
                    godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ironmanfan
                      +1

Comment

• Mulligans
                        • Dec 2009

And also I would like to see a policy where moderators tell us why they randomly delete postings???

I dont know......I just find it kind of awkward and embarrassing to delete someones harmless comments?

I mean really deleting a post where I was curious what an Item on GF would go for and remind other collectors that the Auction ended that day??? Really....What harm could that be? It may be seen as a "conflict" but heck, I'm just helping out other collectors.

I once tried to respond to someones post and poof....all of a sudden it was gone......very weird....oh well what can you do?

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Mulligans
                          And also I would like to see a policy where moderators tell us why they randomly delete postings???

I dont know......I just find it kind of awkward and embarrassing to delete someones harmless comments?

I mean really deleting a post where I was curious what an Item on GF would go for and remind other collectors that the Auction ended that day??? Really....What harm could that be? It may be seen as a "conflict" but heck, I'm just helping out other collectors.

I once tried to respond to someones post and poof....all of a sudden it was gone......very weird....oh well what can you do?
                          First of all. I am against an edit feature. There is a reason for the "Preview Post" button. Just proof-read and be sure you want to post anyway.
                          I like when a moderator edits a post a adds the reason for the edit as: typo.
                          I seriously do appreciate the work of all the moderators on this board. It must be tiresome.

Comment

• trsent
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2005

I thought maybe it would be a good time to revisit the concept I originally posted. If you are going to call an item into question, please post an eBay item number or a link to the item in questions.

No reason anyone should post a random item is bad without giving a link or item number to that item. It is half-way through 2012 and if you still can't post links you need a simple lesson in highlighting the web address bar, clicking CTRL-A, CTRL-C and then going to the message you are posting and clicking CTRL-V.

It is not fair that items get questioned with generalizations where to find them where there may be similar items that are mistaken for questioned item.

I really believe a rule should be adopted to the forum by-laws that an auction house item number, eBay item number or a link to the item should be included with all discussions on this forum.

There are millions of items for sale on eBay at a time - This concept is common sense.

Comment

• trsent
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by trsent
                              I thought maybe it would be a good time to revisit the concept I originally posted. If you are going to call an item into question, please post an eBay item number or a link to the item in questions.

No reason anyone should post a random item is bad without giving a link or item number to that item. It is half-way through 2012 and if you still can't post links you need a simple lesson in highlighting the web address bar, clicking CTRL-A, CTRL-C and then going to the message you are posting and clicking CTRL-V.

It is not fair that items get questioned with generalizations where to find them where there may be similar items that are mistaken for questioned item.

I really believe a rule should be adopted to the forum by-laws that an auction house item number, eBay item number or a link to the item should be included with all discussions on this forum.

There are millions of items for sale on eBay at a time - This concept is common sense.
                              Just wondering, have the moderators considered my suggestions from this thread? It has been months and I don't see any changes.

Comment

Working...