PDA

View Full Version : Bidding Has Begun

ChrisCavalier
11-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Hello Everyone,

We would like to inform you that bidding has begun in 8D Auctions’ 2011 Holiday Auction. 8D Auctions is division of the 8D Network, created to assist professional athletes and celebrities to give back to those in need. In fact, 10% of all 8D’s net proceeds from the auction will be donated to support the 8D Network Foundation and its members’ causes. These causes include Reggie Jackson’s Mr. October Foundation, Pablo Sandoval’s Panda Kids Foundation and Andres Torres’ Gigante Project to assist those diagnosed with ADHD.

The auction items can be found at:

http://8dauctions.com/catalog.aspx

You can register to bid on items in the auction at:

https://8dauctions.com/adduser.aspx

The auction has over 500 items with offerings designed to meet just about any collecting need. These items include:

- Chris Chambliss Historic 1976 New York Yankees ALCS Walk-Off Home Run Jersey vs Kansas City (Photo Matched)

- Vida Blue 1971 American League Most Valuable Player (MVP) Award (Vida Blue LOA)

- Willie McCovey 1971 San Francisco Giants Game Used Flannel Jersey (with Letter of Provenance)

- Circa Early 1970's Joe Namath New York Jets Game Used Jersey (with Letter of Provenance)

- Michael Vick Philadelphia Eagles Game Used and Autographed Jersey Worn vs SF 49ers on 10/2/11

- Ray Rice Baltimore Ravens Game Worn Jersey 10/16/11 vs. Houston Texans (Team LOA)

- Howie Long Oakland Raiders Game Used and Autographed Jersey

- Derek Jeter New York Yankees Game Used Jersey From 3,000 Hit Season (Steiner LOA)

- Derek Jeter Game Used and Autographed Base from 3,000 Hit Game at Yankee Stadium (Steiner LOA)

- Robinson Cano New York Yankees Game Used Jersey from Historic August 25, 2011 Three Grand Slam Game vs. A's (Steiner LOA)

- Exceptional George Brett Game Used and Autographed Louisville Slugger Bat

- Cal Ripken Jr. Game Used and Autographed Louisville Slugger Bat

- Josh Hamilton Game Used and Autographed Max Bat From 2010 MVP season w/ Scripture Verse

- Albert Pujols 2005 Gamed Used and Autographed Cap from MVP Season (Pujols Foundation LOA)

- Randy Johnson Game Used Rawlings Fielding Glove

- "The Next Point" Michael Jordan Original Painting by Carlo Beninati - Autographed by Jordan

- Peter Max Original Painting of Philadelphia 76ers' 1982-83 Championship Team - Autographed by Entire Team (Player LOA)

- Yankee Stadium Original Lithograph Autographed by 121 Yankees Including Mantle and DiMaggio

And many, many more wonderful items! Please take a look at the auction and have fun bidding and helping the causes within the 8D Network.

Sincerely,
Chris

CollectGU
12-03-2011, 11:04 AM
Chris,

Only 10% of the auction proceeds go to the charities for these athletes? What percentage of donations that go to their respective websites actually go to the charities? Is 8D a non-profit organization or does it plan to be in the future?

Thnaks in advance for clarification

Dave

ChrisCavalier
12-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Chris,

Only 10% of the auction proceeds go to the charities for these athletes? What percentage of donations that go to their respective websites actually go to the charities? Is 8D a non-profit organization or does it plan to be in the future?

Thnaks in advance for clarification

Dave
Hello Dave,

10% of 8D Auctions proceeds go to helping the causes and foundations in the 8D Network. We are also building the 8D Network, and the sites within it, to help the causes gain more visibility and benefit those who may be affected by the causes. The 10% donation is a conscious choice on the part of 8D and has nothing to do with the proceeds that go to consignors. That is, while we cannot control what the consignors do with their proceeds from item sales, we can control what we do and we are choosing to give a part of our proceeds to the causes to help them. Please let me know if that answers your question.

In addition, one other thought. I have been told by many people that there are a few people who post on Game Used Universe who seem to try to turn everything into a negative. Whether you realize it or not, your post seems to try to turn the fact that we are donating a portion of our proceeds to help the charities and causes into a negative. I say it appears to be negative because you state "Only 10% of the auction proceeds got to the charites...." This is the first time I have ever seen the fact that an organization is giving away part of their income to support various causes and charites cast in a somewhat negative light.

Again, I don't know if that was intended but that is how it came across to me and I'm guessing some others may have seen it that as well.

Regards,
Chris

CollectGU
12-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Chris,

Thanks for the response. I am trying to figure out exactly what 8D is. It says you are a caused based solution, helping professional athletes give back to their repective charity. How do you do this? Are you a website development company that creates the web platforms for them to get their causes out to the public? You are a vendor for these athletes to use to create the websites that support the causes these athletes choose to support? How does 8D make their money besaides the auction? And then within this website development company is an auction company that donates 10% of it's revenues back to the causes of the various athlete's?

Thanks,
Dave

ChrisCavalier
12-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Hello Dave,

Yes, the 8D Network is an online network that is designed to help athletes give back to their causes. We do this by helping them develop websites to promote their causes and aggregate them together into one centralized network. Kind of similar with what we have done with Game Used Universe by bringing collectors together in one place to share information.

8D Auctions is the auction arm of the 8D Network where we are offering items for sale through both consignors as well as items that are coming directly from athletes. Again, a portion of the proceeds 8D generates through the auction business will be donated back to the causes within the 8D Network.

At the end of the day, our primary goal is to help as many people as we possibly can through the 8D Network and the causes it supports.

Sincerely,
Chris