PDA

View Full Version : Which authenticator to use?Help needed.

jon_8_us
09-23-2006, 11:38 PM
I think i may want to start sending my Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz bats to a authenticator.Which should i choose?PSA,Mears,or Grey Flannel(do they even authenticate bats?)?Any insight would be much appreciated.
jon

Frank
09-24-2006, 10:14 AM
I would use John Taube for your bats... He is very through and will do a good job.

ChrisCavalier
09-24-2006, 11:02 AM
I would use John Taube for your bats... He is very through and will do a good job.
Hello Jon,

I agree with Frank's opinion. In addition, I highly recommend Vince Malta (who authenticates with John Taube at PSA/DNA) and Mike Specht who currently authenticates for Global and regularly contributes to this site. If you are looking for a thorough analysis that discloses the information you need to make an informed decision about a bat being game used, I would highly recommend those three.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier

allstarsplus
09-24-2006, 12:33 PM
John Taube does an exceptional job with a quality COA complete with quaility pictures of the bat. John now for an extra fee can also grade your bats on a 10 point scale.

John can be reached at 609-487-8003

sportscentury
09-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Hello Jon,

I agree with Frank's opinion. In addition, I highly recommend Vince Malta (who authenticates with John Taube at PSA/DNA) and Mike Specht who currently authenticates for Global and regularly contributes to this site. If you are looking for a thorough analysis that discloses the information you need to make an informed decision about a bat being game used, I would highly recommend those three.

Sincerely,
Chris Cavalier

Vince and John are great. Dave Bushing at MEARS knows a lot about bats, as well. Grey Flannel uses PSA/DNA (Malta/Taube), I believe.

I want to reiterate Chris' suggestion of Mike Specht, though. Mike sometimes gets overlooked because his services are not as well known as those of PSA/DNA and MEARS, but you'd be hard-pressed to find someone better. He goes by username MSpecht on GUF. Good luck.

Reid

jon_8_us
09-24-2006, 04:20 PM
So if i choose to go with John Taube do i just submit through PSA/DNA?Or do i have to contact him directly?Thanks for the help guys.
jon

cjmedina1
09-25-2006, 12:40 AM
Jon
Can you send me your email.
Carlie Medina III
carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

b.heagy
09-25-2006, 07:02 AM
So if i choose to go with John Taube do i just submit through PSA/DNA?Or do i have to contact him directly?Thanks for the help guys.
jon

Jon,
I have used PSA/DNA and was very pleased with the results. This is a mailing address from the site. PSA/DNA 1 South Granville Avenue Margate, NJ 08402. You can print out an online submission form at psadna.com Good Luck !