Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jon_8_us
    • May 2006

Which authenticator to use?Help needed.

I think i may want to start sending my Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz bats to a authenticator.Which should i choose?PSA,Mears,or Grey Flannel(do they even authenticate bats?)?Any insight would be much appreciated.
    jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items
  • Frank
    • Nov 2005

Re: Which authenticator to use?Help needed.

I would use John Taube for your bats... He is very through and will do a good job.

Comment

• ChrisCavalier
      Paid Users
      • Jan 1970

Originally posted by Frank
      I would use John Taube for your bats... He is very through and will do a good job.
      Hello Jon,

I agree with Frank's opinion. In addition, I highly recommend Vince Malta (who authenticates with John Taube at PSA/DNA) and Mike Specht who currently authenticates for Global and regularly contributes to this site. If you are looking for a thorough analysis that discloses the information you need to make an informed decision about a bat being game used, I would highly recommend those three.

Sincerely,
      Chris Cavalier
      Christopher Cavalier
      Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Comment

• allstarsplus
        • Nov 2005

John Taube does an exceptional job with a quality COA complete with quaility pictures of the bat. John now for an extra fee can also grade your bats on a 10 point scale.

John can be reached at 609-487-8003
        Regards,
        Andrew Lang
        AllstarsPlus@aol.com
        202-716-8500

Comment

• sportscentury
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by ChrisCavalier
          Hello Jon,

I agree with Frank's opinion. In addition, I highly recommend Vince Malta (who authenticates with John Taube at PSA/DNA) and Mike Specht who currently authenticates for Global and regularly contributes to this site. If you are looking for a thorough analysis that discloses the information you need to make an informed decision about a bat being game used, I would highly recommend those three.

Sincerely,
          Chris Cavalier
          Vince and John are great. Dave Bushing at MEARS knows a lot about bats, as well. Grey Flannel uses PSA/DNA (Malta/Taube), I believe.

I want to reiterate Chris' suggestion of Mike Specht, though. Mike sometimes gets overlooked because his services are not as well known as those of PSA/DNA and MEARS, but you'd be hard-pressed to find someone better. He goes by username MSpecht on GUF. Good luck.

Reid
          Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• jon_8_us
            • May 2006

So if i choose to go with John Taube do i just submit through PSA/DNA?Or do i have to contact him directly?Thanks for the help guys.
            jon
            Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Comment

• cjmedina1
              • Oct 2005

Jon
              Can you send me your email.
              Carlie Medina III
              carliemedinaiii@sbcglobal.net

Comment

• b.heagy
                • May 2006

Originally posted by jon_8_us
                So if i choose to go with John Taube do i just submit through PSA/DNA?Or do i have to contact him directly?Thanks for the help guys.
                jon
                Jon,
                I have used PSA/DNA and was very pleased with the results. This is a mailing address from the site. PSA/DNA 1 South Granville Avenue Margate, NJ 08402. You can print out an online submission form at psadna.com Good Luck !
                Bill Heagy
                heagysports.com
                Go Phillies !

Comment

Working...