PDA

View Full Version : Mike Holmgren signature...?

happyyoungster
12-07-2011, 10:41 AM
I know we have a bunch of Ohio collectors on this site...
So, any advice on how to obtain a Mike Holmgren signature??
Does he make appearances, do signings, etc.?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

happyyoungster
01-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Has any member on the forum ever attended the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis??

I hear that may be my only hope...
Anyone have any insight??

asr1084
01-08-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm sure hes tough to catch. My best guess would be to catch him in preaseason camp in Berea, Ohio before the season. I can also tell you that I was at a Browns game this year and he was walking around and mingling with people on the field in warm-ups before the game. I was at the visitors tunnel and he walked right through the tunnel (about 2-3 feet away from fans). I didnt even bother to ask and neither did anyone around me from what I remember......so maybe before a game? IMO your best opportunity would at camp.

ironmanfan
01-08-2012, 12:27 PM
Have you ever thought of simply writing him a sinecere, handwritten letter in care of the Browns and see what response you get?

10 minutes & a 44 cent stamp may be all you need

sox83cubs84
01-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Have you ever thought of simply writing him a sinecere, handwritten letter in care of the Browns and see what response you get?

TWO 44c staps...don't forget the self-addressed, stamped return envelope.;)

Dave Miedema

happyyoungster
01-08-2012, 09:29 PM

I HAD thought of that, for certain...but, it came with too many questions/concerns.

Should I write my request in crayon?? I mean...I do feel a little weird asking:
Dear Mr. Holmgren, can you please sign a helmet that you have never seen for a guy that's in his 30's that you've never met and can you please do that within the next 10 years at a place that's mutually agreeable??
P.S. I'm not a stalker.
Oh, and BTW, I'm sorry the Packers dissed you, but I'm from Green Bay.

Okay, I'm being slightly cynical here.
The item I would like signed is a nearly-complete 1996 Packers Super Bowl team helmet. Mike Holmgren is in his 60's (no disrespect to our seniors) and I feel a slight sense of urgency.

I just thought a planned and public event would take away some of the challenges, that's all.

Am I missing something??

legaleagle92481
01-09-2012, 04:17 PM
I know we have a bunch of Ohio collectors on this site...
So, any advice on how to obtain a Mike Holmgren signature??
Does he make appearances, do signings, etc.?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

To my knowledge he has never done a paid signing. The Pack won the Super Bowl with him before that became fashionable. Lately Cowher, Coughlin and most other Super Bowl winning coaches have rushed to do signings after to capitalize on the big win. Others like Parcells and Gibbs have done so down the road. Your best hope is to hope he writes a book and catch him on the book tour.

anatfan09
01-09-2012, 05:11 PM
I actually picked up three Holmgren signatures this year dirrectly from the Browns. Here is one they mailed out for my backers club. They also had an event at the beginning of training camp where each club president was given two framed and matted prints of the stadium, the matting was signed on each by Holmgren.
I would just send a request up to the stadium or their office in Berea.

legaleagle92481
01-09-2012, 10:11 PM
I actually picked up three Holmgren signatures this year dirrectly from the Browns. Here is one they mailed out for my backers club. They also had an event at the beginning of training camp where each club president was given two framed and matted prints of the stadium, the matting was signed on each by Holmgren.
I would just send a request up to the stadium or their office in Berea.

The original poster wants to get a helmet signed that is in his words nearly signed by an entire Super Bowl winning team I don't suggest mailing it to the Browns on the hope that he signs and returns it. From my years of collecting I would say never put anything you can't afford to lose in the mail when soliciting an autograph "cold" for lack of a better word. Also when sending to teams watch out for autopen, pre-printed,stamped and secretarial sigs. I have accumulated a nice collection of those especially from the bigger names.

happyyoungster
01-10-2012, 10:37 AM
The original poster wants to get a helmet signed that is in his words nearly signed by an entire Super Bowl winning team I don't suggest mailing it to the Browns on the hope that he signs and returns it. From my years of collecting I would say never put anything you can't afford to lose in the mail when soliciting an autograph "cold" for lack of a better word. Also when sending to teams watch out for autopen, pre-printed,stamped and secretarial sigs. I have accumulated a nice collection of those especially from the bigger names.

That is for certain...I would never send anything through the mail. Although, I think the mail suggestion was meant to merely make contact with Mike Holmgren, about, eventually signing it.

I think my best bet is to plan a weeklong vacation in Cleveland next summer during training camp (wow...that sounds exciting).;)

kudu
01-11-2012, 06:27 PM
What about golf tournaments? Not sure if he plays anymore, but it looks like he has participated in the Golf For Kids Tournament:

http://www.covenantharbor.org/Golf_For_Kids

and it looks like the Browns have a tournament as well:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/2011-Cleveland-Browns-Foundation-Golf-Tournament/3c786286-a442-465d-97cb-85e6119d1879

happyyoungster
01-13-2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks to everyone for their input.
I'll post on this thread when I get it!