PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the Red Sox yard sale?

Tedw9
12-07-2011, 08:20 PM
I didn't get picked for the ticket sale/yard sale, but I did get an invite from being a member of Red Sox Nation. I'm not allowed to arrive until 3 pm, so I assume most of the good stuff will be gone.

I thought I read that at last years yard sale that Steiner was set up there and selling the high end stuff for the Sox. Not sure what to expect this year.

Mulligans
12-07-2011, 08:39 PM
I may go.....have never been....any idea what to expect? They just said to show up at 10am and then they will tell me when I can enter??

DJaeger22
12-07-2011, 08:53 PM
If anyone sees anything of John Flaherty, I would pay you for your time if you pick it up.

Tedw9
12-07-2011, 09:28 PM
I may go.....have never been....any idea what to expect? They just said to show up at 10am and then they will tell me when I can enter??

I went a couple of years ago, but I read last year was different. When I went, I arrived at 10 and they let me right in. The outer room was Fenway bricks, media guides, lower end jerseys and other items. The back room was the higher end jerseys, bats, stadium seats, signs, autographed items and such.

I read that last year Steiner was there selling the higher end items for higher end prices. When I went 2 years ago, the bats were way over priced, but the jerseys were capped at $300 and that included the stars (Schilling, Ortiz, Papelbon, Ramirez and such). I wish I had a pocket full of cash and more time to spend there. I had a 6 hour drive each way and had to work the next day, so it was a quick in and out for me. The only thing I ended up buying was a Manny Ramirez alternate jersey.

The lower end jerseys were $75 I believe and later in the day I heard they made them 2 for $75, or a similar price. Those were just bins you had to paw through, where as the higher end were on hangers hanging on a coat rack.

I'm curious on what it will be like this time through.

DJaeger22, what was his number and what years was he with them? I can take a look while I'm there. No promises, but I can try.

yanks12025
12-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Any one know if they sell home plates there from the main field

DJaeger22
12-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Thanks Ted, he was on the team in '92-'93 wearing number 15 then he went their again in 2006 just for part of spring training but I'm not sure what number he wore.

Any help would be awesome, thanks again.

DJaeger22
12-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Just found his '06 number and it was 15.

Thanks again

pietraynor
12-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Finders fee for anyone picking up a Jay Payton jersey, believe he wore #44 a few years back..thanks in advance, Jay
ldonalds@columbus.rr.com

Ollie
12-08-2011, 12:05 AM
Will they be selling MLB Authenticated empty buckets of Chicken and crushed beer cans?

Mulligans
12-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Just curious....Does the ticket say what time to enter or just when you are supposed to show up? Are there massive lines or is it pretty well controlled event?

aaccee
12-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Tedw9,

Could you help find out 2010 or 2011 No.85 Che-Hsuan Lin's worn Spring Training jersey?
Thanks!
Li

I went a couple of years ago, but I read last year was different. When I went, I arrived at 10 and they let me right in. The outer room was Fenway bricks, media guides, lower end jerseys and other items. The back room was the higher end jerseys, bats, stadium seats, signs, autographed items and such.

I read that last year Steiner was there selling the higher end items for higher end prices. When I went 2 years ago, the bats were way over priced, but the jerseys were capped at $300 and that included the stars (Schilling, Ortiz, Papelbon, Ramirez and such). I wish I had a pocket full of cash and more time to spend there. I had a 6 hour drive each way and had to work the next day, so it was a quick in and out for me. The only thing I ended up buying was a Manny Ramirez alternate jersey.

The lower end jerseys were $75 I believe and later in the day I heard they made them 2 for $75, or a similar price. Those were just bins you had to paw through, where as the higher end were on hangers hanging on a coat rack.

I'm curious on what it will be like this time through.

DJaeger22, what was his number and what years was he with them? I can take a look while I'm there. No promises, but I can try.

emann
12-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Just curious....Does the ticket say what time to enter or just when you are supposed to show up? Are there massive lines or is it pretty well controlled event?

When I've been picked they give you a specific time to enter between, like 10-12. It's also crowded inside, sometimes very crowded, but controlled. I don't remember waiting in a line to get in long if at all...

Mulligans
12-09-2011, 03:41 PM
I have a 9AM slot and I can bring a Guest if anyone is looking to go??:D

Insomniac186
12-09-2011, 04:03 PM
I would love to get the 1918-style caps that the Red Sox and Cubs wore last season. If anyone could help me out with that I would appreciate it.

kellsox
12-09-2011, 04:04 PM
I'll be heading up there tomorrow

Tedw9
12-10-2011, 08:17 AM
Ok, I have the list of what folks are looking for and will be leaving soon. I can't promise anything, but I will look and pick up anything that I find.

I'm not allowed in until 3 pm, so I am assuming it will be pretty picked over by then.

I will be back with any finds and pics as soon as I can.

kellsox
12-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Just left. Pickings were much slimmer this year. Got a few Jerseys that I will post later in the classifieds

yanks12025
12-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Were there any home plates?

Tedw9
12-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Just got back to the hotel from the yard sale. I'm sorry to report there were no jerseys that anyone was looking for there. I was there 2.5 hours and went through every bin looking for what you guys wanted, sorry I couldn't help you all out. There was one jersey someone asked me to look for, but it just had the name and no number on back. I didn't feel comfortable grabbing it as I wasn't 100% sure if it was the correct player.

As was already posted, it was VERY picked over by the time I got there at 3 pm. I had a Manny Delcarmen jersey in hand, but I passed it over to get a couple of bats. I picked up a beat Ellis Burks bat that has a 24 on the knob and a Josh Reddick that someone wrote on the barrel over his name "Who is John Galt?" I have no idea what that's about, but it's still a pretty cool bat that shows good use.

There were no plates, no big name game used jerseys, not much at all. They did have a pair of seats for $550 which I thought was a good deal. But what prices they did have on game used jerseys were a bit high. They had one Gabe Kapler for $150, which I thought was high. I asked someone there where all the good names were and he said someone came in first thing and bought 70 jerseys. So I assume they were the big guns.

I was hoping that like in years past they would drop the prices near the end, but I was there till almost 5 and the prices stayed the same.

I did take a few pics I will try to get up soon.

brewcrew
12-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Wow, didn't think they'd have any Kapler stuff there. Wish I would have asked someone to keep an eye out for me. :o

Ah well, c'est la vie.

DJaeger22
12-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks for looking Ted, it's greatly appreciated

kudu
12-14-2011, 10:21 PM
If any Red Sox fans lives near Fort Meyers, you might want to check this out:

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/16322966/2011/12/14/red-sox-history-up-for-sale-saturday