PDA

View Full Version : Packers Stock

legaleagle92481
12-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Did anyone buy Packers stock from this year's offering? I just bought a share so now I guess I am an NFL owner lol.

sox83cubs84
12-08-2011, 01:51 PM
Did anyone buy Packers stock from this year's offering? I just bought a share so now I guess I am an NFL owner lol.
Not me..I can get toilet paper far more cheaply at Wal-Mart.:p :p

GO BEARS!!

Dave Miedema

CampWest
12-08-2011, 03:11 PM
Not me..I can get toilet paper far more cheaply at Wal-Mart.:p :p

Not far off... Today's lesson, always read your prospectus or offering statement before investing. $250 purchase price. 2.5 cent repurchase price. No economic benefit.

Although Common Stock is capital stock of the Corporation, Common stock does not constitute an investment in “stock” in the common sense of the term. As detailed under “Significant Information” within this Offering Document, Common Stock does not provide shareholders with any opportunity to participate in the economic performance of the Corporation because, among other things, no dividends or distributions upon liquidation can ever be paid to shareholders. Also, as described in “Description of Capital Stock—Transfer Restrictions; Redemption,” the Corporation’s Bylaws drastically limit the transferability of Common Stock, and the Corporation has a right of first refusal to repurchase Common Stock at a price of $0.025 per share if any shareholder proposes to transfer his or her Common Stock to a third party. As a result, it is virtually impossible for anyone to realize a profit on a purchase of Common Stock or even to recoup the amount initially paid to acquire such Common Stock.

some cheaper options...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Bay-Packers-Stock-Certificate-100-Shares-/110790689397?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item19cba3c275
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Packers-Stock-Certificate-original-nice-/320808753543?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ab1b11987

kellsox
12-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Might be one of biggest scams going.

CampWest
12-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Might be one of biggest scams going.

Not really a scam. They fully disclose what you are purchasing. Its a ceremonial ownership in a not for profit organization.

Its basically a non-deductible contribution... Saves them from having to use public funding or passing a special-use tax.

Not a scam, but also not an investment.

jjkraner
12-08-2011, 07:26 PM
I bought one share. The shareholders meetings are alot of fun. I have been attending with friends for years. Another day to drink and talk football. They always have great tours and hall of fame for free. Which cost 10 bucks a pop. Plus I own part of the greatest sports teams ever.

trsent
12-08-2011, 09:15 PM
I bought one share. The shareholders meetings are alot of fun. I have been attending with friends for years. Another day to drink and talk football. They always have great tours and hall of fame for free. Which cost 10 bucks a pop. Plus I own part of the greatest sports teams ever.

Like they need more excuses to drink in Green Bay?

Isn't waking up an excuse to drink in Green Bay?

legaleagle92481
12-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Its a for fun purchase not an investment. No other north American major league team sells stock and they rarely have stock sales. I am a huge NFL fan so to me its the best thing ever owning even a sliver of a team.

helmets
12-13-2011, 06:30 PM
I bought a share as I regret not buying one in 1997. I have been hoping that they would offer again. In 1997, I thought it was the biggest scams going, and didn't buy.

For roughly 15 years, they have had special offers through the Packer Pro Shop - discounts, as well as the voting and meetings. When the Packers won the Superbowl, anyone could order a "fan" Superbowl ring, but Stockholders had additional styles and choices that they could order. This in addition to a pretty nice certificate that can be framed and displayed. Collecting is all about displaying a item and being proud of it. I own many helmets that I have spent thousands on, but I guarantee that this certificate will gain more interest and be a bigger conversation piece than any helmet that I own.

Being a Packer fan living in Michigan since the mid 80's, there are two questions that people ask: Do you own a cheesehead, and do you own stock in the team. Now I can proudly say "yes" - to one of their questions.

jake33
12-14-2011, 01:59 PM
I live in WI, and honestly it is the biggest scam in sports.

Here is your Green Bay Packer stock
- not worth anything
- cannot transfer it
- cannot resell it
- no singular say in team decissions
- You get to go to a annual "state of the team" thing in August, that is mostly fluff, maybe a newsletter too
- you basically get your name in the books, kind of like paying for your name in the phonebook

----------------------
I did think it would be interesting to buy packers stock and go every year to the "Stock owner meeting" dressed in all Buccaneers gear and for the Q and A session beg them to make horribly lopsided trades to the Bucs. I would then try to film this stupidity and make a reality show or at least put it on youtube to get an annual jab in for no apparent reason. i would easily get my $250 worth of the "stock". Show up every year and be the "most obnoxious owner of the green bay packers."

Then I could also be the legit ignorant fan that thinks i own the team and am entitled to everything.

---
I am not sure if the team allows this, but if you own stock, you should be able to purchase a super bowl ring or conference championship ring

-- Me personally, I am much for honored and thrilled to be in the Tampa Bay Rays fan hall of fame, as it allows for the same thing as the packer stock holders and was an award not a buy-in.

jake33
12-14-2011, 02:04 PM
And yes it is "Ceremonial" , just like a am cermonial member of the Rays for being in their hall of fame. But believe me, I think Joe Maddon will still put Dan Johnson in the game in the 9th inning as a pinch hitter over me everyday.

But in case the Rays front office is ready this, at age 31 I can still work a count to get a decent OBP and will play hard everyday, even in Durham, and I will give 90% of my salary to the Rays baseball foundation. Just need 10% of the rookie minimum to pa the bills.

kellsox
12-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Lets call it what it is, an expensive Fan Club. In buying Packers stock, are you REALLY an" owner". Technically yes- but the perks you get are essentially that of a member of a teams fan club. The Red Sox have Red Sox Nation cards- they sold hundreds of thousands of these- its basically an annual fee to have the opportunity to buy things first from the team. The packers stock is the team offering "ownership" for 250 and not having to return much at all for the fee. Only in America.

jake33
12-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Packer fans are something else. Growing up in WI, I cheer for my Bucs like a packer fan would for their team. They are loyal and show up when the tema loses and really aren't mean fans, but honestly, there isn't much else to do in this state, especially up north. There is nothing up there.

At the Bucs game I picked up all the ticket stubs I could get when I was leaving and the next day on ebay was dumping them for $15-$35 a pop.