PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Do?

stkmtimo
09-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Here's a question for everyone here who participates in auctions:

What do you do when don't win an item that you really, really wanted? It just happened to me tonight and while I usually just move on, it's been hard so far. I'm sure there will be other opportunities down the line.

Tim

sportscentury
09-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Tim,

Don't sweat it. It just happened to you tonight, so the sting is still fresh. I've had a few that have bothered me ... but at this point, I don't even remember what they were. One of the great things about the hobby is that new, intriguing items are always coming along that help you to quickly forget about these experiences. Good luck with the next one.

Reid

kylehess10
09-25-2006, 12:35 AM
Here's a question for everyone here who participates in auctions:

What do you do when don't win an item that you really, really wanted? It just happened to me tonight and while I usually just move on, it's been hard so far. I'm sure there will be other opportunities down the line.

Tim

This happens to me ALL the time! First, I usually throw something against the wall, then I scream at my computer, then I throw something at my computer (usually breaking it), then I do a little more screaming, then I really don't care after that :D

suave1477
09-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Hello Tim,

I usually pour chocoalte syrup on myself ...........oops wrong forum lol lol:D

I usually grab the computer and throw it on the floor ( bcuz its my wife's who cares anyway ) stomp on the keyboard for not working in time, then throw myself on the floor pound with my fists and scream **CONTENT REMOVED- LET'S SHOW SOME BETTER TASTE PLEASE** LOL LOL

CollectGU
09-25-2006, 05:27 PM
Hello Tim,

I usually pour chocoalte syrup on myself ...........oops wrong forum lol lol:D

I usually grab the computer and throw it on the floor ( bcuz its my wife's who cares anyway ) stomp on the keyboard for not working in time, then throw myself on the floor pound with my fists and scream **CONTENT REMOVED- LET'S SHOW SOME BETTER TASTE PLEASE** LOL LOL

Disturbing...

Vintagedeputy
09-25-2006, 05:29 PM
email the buyer and ask if the item is for sale. You may be pleasantly surprised.

mr.miracle
09-25-2006, 07:54 PM
email the buyer and ask if the item is for sale. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Vintage Deputy is right on here. While I have become increasingly frustrated by all the cheapskates and nonpayers on ebay, I will say this in regard to ebay. Unless the seller is running a private auction, you can contact the buyer of the item on ebay. Any other major auction house you do not have that luxery. Several of the items that have gotten away from me that I have regretted have happened on major auctions and thus I have no chance of ever finding out where they went. All I can do is hope that they show up again someday or move on to something else.

jon_8_us
09-25-2006, 08:06 PM
I have tried emailing the buyer myself to varying outcomes.I have acquired the item once,been denied a few times,and been ignored a few more.If you really want the item that bad your gonna pay more than the final if the buyer will sell it.
jon

Nathan
09-25-2006, 09:44 PM
If this was an auction on eBay, I've had success asking the winning bidder what it would take to extract it loose. BUT, and this is big....don't throw out a ridiculously insulting offer. I once won a jersey for $50 (plus $10 shipping), and no sooner had I won it than the second-highest bidder emailed me to offer $51, with shipping costs to be paid by me.

I can't remember if I emailed him back, but if I did I'm sure it was nothing like "Sure, here's my mailing address!"