PDA

View Full Version : 8D Auctions Catalog

SkubeBats
12-10-2011, 03:52 PM
I received an 8D auction catalog today in the mail. I was wondering how 8D auctions received my personal mailling address? I never asked or ordered an auction catalog from them. I thought our personal information on this forum wasn't shared with anyone but GUU... Once again my personal info is shared with another company. GREAT!! What happened to the GUU forum rules against doing this??

34swtns
12-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Wow. The Paranoid Floyd's who flip out when they get something unsolicited get a catalog but us actual bidders don't?

Somebody flip the "mail/do not mail" lists?

mickeymbz
12-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Wow. The Paranoid Floyd's who flip out when they get something unsolicited get a catalog but us actual bidders don't?

Somebody flip the "mail/do not mail" lists?
bawahahahhahahhahaha!!!!!!!!!!

kellsox
12-10-2011, 05:44 PM
At least people got them before the auction this time.
The last guu auction they were received after bidding was over...

ChrisCavalier
12-10-2011, 05:48 PM
I received an 8D auction catalog today in the mail. I was wondering how 8D auctions received my personal mailling address? I never asked or ordered an auction catalog from them. I thought our personal information on this forum wasn't shared with anyone but GUU... Once again my personal info is shared with another company. GREAT!! What happened to the GUU forum rules against doing this??
Jamie,

I thought it was clear at this point that I am involved with and leading the 8D Network and 8D Auctions. As such, your personal information has not been shared with 'another company' but one that has branched off from GUU.

If you would not like to receive a catalog in the future, we will be happy to take you off the list. In fact, consider it already done.

As for anyone else, if you do not want to receive a catalog in the future feel free to email me and let me know and we will be happy to remove you from the list as well. We simply thought people would like to know about the items we are offering in the auction and would enjoy receiving a catalog.

Sincerely,
Chris

trsent
12-10-2011, 07:13 PM

Jamie, you couldn't have personally emailed Chris about this instead of making a post trying to make his new charitable based auction house look bad?

I am a registered bidder in 8D and received my catalog a few days ago and I think it looks great. I also believe the 8D concept is a unique charitable organization that should be praised as a new auction concept and not publicly embarrassed because they are tied to this forum that is 100% free for access and use.

freddiefreeman5
12-10-2011, 08:06 PM
I enjoy getting auction magazines. I like to look at them like I used to look at the toy catolog before Christmas as a kid. :)

jbsportstuff
12-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Jamie, you couldn't have personally emailed Chris about this instead of making a post trying to make his new charitable based auction house look bad?

I am a registered bidder in 8D and received my catalog a few days ago and I think it looks great. I also believe the 8D concept is a unique charitable organization that should be praised as a new auction concept and not publicly embarrassed because they are tied to this forum that is 100% free for access and use.
Great point. That is the way it SHOULD have been handled.

SkubeBats
12-10-2011, 08:40 PM
I have the right to pick what auction house's I deal with or don't deal with. So I'm a member here doesn't meam you can just send me mail when ever you want to. The only reason you have my personal info is to be a member on here nothing more.

I'm not trying to dirty anyones auction I'm just sick of all the crap that goes on with all these auction houses and the way the do buisness. The point is my info is mine only not anyones else's.

I'm well aware that Chris has a auction going on. It's hard not with all the posts and ads on here. So if I wanted to do buisness with you or anyone else I would ask for a catalog.

I would make this post over again if it was any other auction house.

ironmanfan
12-10-2011, 08:56 PM
Now that Ryan Braun has tested positive for PED's, his head is going to explode!

trsent
12-10-2011, 09:09 PM
I have the right to pick what auction house's I deal with or don't deal with. So I'm a member here doesn't meam you can just send me mail when ever you want to. The only reason you have my personal info is to be a member on here nothing more.

I'm not trying to dirty anyones auction I'm just sick of all the crap that goes on with all these auction houses and the way the do buisness. The point is my info is mine only not anyones else's.

I'm well aware that Chris has a auction going on. It's hard not with all the posts and ads on here. So if I wanted to do buisness with you or anyone else I would ask for a catalog.

I would make this post over again if it was any other auction house.

Jamie, it seems often you look as if Big Brother is out to get you. How you attacked a brand new auction house giving a percentage of every winning bid to charity is very rude an unprofessional. The fact that you knew the auction house was owned by Chris and GUU and you still attacked them in this thread shows your motivation. Show some appreciation and take your issues to private emails and be professional and mature about it.

Chris would have told you he was sorry and removed you from the mailing list. I'm pretty sure that would have quietly happened and you wouldn't have had to make a post embarrassing the new auction house owned by this forum over your dissatisfaction.

You could have emailed Chris or Ed at 8D with your concerns, but instead you had to attack them on this forum. You should be ashamed at your post and I'm not the only one who feels this way.

A simple "I'm sorry" would have sufficed.

chakes89
12-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Now that Ryan Braun has tested positive for PED's, his head is going to explode!
:D

lakeerie92
12-10-2011, 09:15 PM
I AM ANGRY TOO!!!!!! WHY DID SKUBE GET ONE AND NOT ME!!! I WANTED ONE!!!

GRRRRRRRR!!!! FURY!!!!!

I really did want one. Maybe it came and my wife threw it away.

SkubeBats
12-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm not trying to dirty 8D auctions. All I want is my private info to stay private nothing more then that. I'm not sorry for making this post at all.

Like I said before it's my right to pick who I do buisness with.

Canseco44
12-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Sounds like Skubebats should list his auction catalog in the classifieds section. Several members didn't get one.

maverick14
12-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Sounds like Skubebats should list his auction catalog in the classifieds section. Several members didn't get one.

:D :D This one just made me literally LOL!!

trsent
12-10-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm not trying to dirty 8D auctions. All I want is my private info to stay private nothing more then that. I'm not sorry for making this post at all.

Like I said before it's my right to pick who I do buisness with.

Never admit you are wrong, huh?

You don't have to do business with this charity funding auction house, but you don't need to come on here and complain about it. How much do you pay to post on this forum? Maybe you should leave it if you don't like them sending you a catalog? Really, you can't admit you were wrong and that you should have sent a private email to Chris or Ed about your concerns, instead of making an attacking post against their auction house co-owned by the forum you have almost 2000 posts on and you don't pay a dime to be a member here, but their auction house that gives a percentage to a charity of every final bid, you attack unprofessionally and you can't just admit you handled it wrong and say you are sorry?

Please - when you attack charities and those who give you a free public forum, learn some manners of basic appreciation in our society. If you don't like it, there are other countries that will take you.

Just say you are sorry and it could be over - You are often a bully who attacks as if you are bigger than the world. You were wrong and I have received contact with others since this thread started a few hours ago amazed you attacked an auction house on a forum that gives you the privilege to post for free and an auction house that offers part of every final bid to a charitable organization.

Man, you really need to learn when to back off and admit you are wrong.

34swtns
12-10-2011, 09:39 PM

Right. Me! And I'm actually participating in the auction.
While not a necessity, a catalog would've been nice. ;)

Canseco44
12-10-2011, 09:44 PM
I actually haven't received one either. I was semi-serious! Like freddiefreeman, I like getting catalogs to look at the items, even if I'm not bidding on any.

SkubeBats
12-10-2011, 09:54 PM
I give Chris credit for him to give some of the profits to charity. I never said anything bad about his auction. I never pick on charities or those who give to them.

Like I said before I'm not trying to cause a problem. All I want is for my info to stay private nothing more then that. Why is that a problem??

lakeerie92
12-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Hello Rick,

Thank you for your post. We actually mailed a catalog to you at the address we have for you in our database. It appears one of three things have happened:

1) The address is our database is not correct:

2) You have moved since you registered and it was not updated in our database; or

3) The post office has not delivered it for some reason.

Please feel free to email me directly and we will make sure the address in our database is correct since we can control the first two possibilities above.

Sincerely,
Chris

That also explains why I didn't get one. Being military I have probably moved twice since I submitted an address.

ChrisCavalier
12-10-2011, 09:57 PM
I actually haven't received one either. I was semi-serious! Like freddiefreeman, I like getting catalogs to look at the items, even if I'm not bidding on any.
Hello Todd,

Thanks for the post. Not sure if everyone received one or not. However, here is a link to the online version if you do want to view it online:

http://epublish.multiad.com/8D_Dec_2011/

Sincerely,
Chris

ChrisCavalier
12-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Right. Me! And I'm actually participating in the auction.
While not a necessity, a catalog would've been nice. ;)
Hello Rick,

Thank you for your post. We actually mailed a catalog to you at the address we have for you in our database. It appears one of three things have happened:

2) You have moved since you registered and it was not updated in our database; or

Please feel free to email me directly and we will make sure the address in our database is correct since we can control the first two possibilities above.

Sincerely,
Chris

mickeymbz
12-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Never admit you are wrong, huh?

You don't have to do business with this charity funding auction house, but you don't need to come on here and complain about it. How much do you pay to post on this forum? Maybe you should leave it if you don't like them sending you a catalog? Really, you can't admit you were wrong and that you should have sent a private email to Chris or Ed about your concerns, instead of making an attacking post against their auction house co-owned by the forum you have almost 2000 posts on and you don't pay a dime to be a member here, but their auction house that gives a percentage to a charity of every final bid, you attack unprofessionally and you can't just admit you handled it wrong and say you are sorry?

Please - when you attack charities and those who give you a free public forum, learn some manners of basic appreciation in our society. If you don't like it, there are other countries that will take you.

Just say you are sorry and it could be over - You are often a bully who attacks as if you are bigger than the world. You were wrong and I have received contact with others since this thread started a few hours ago amazed you attacked an auction house on a forum that gives you the privilege to post for free and an auction house that offers part of every final bid to a charitable organization.

Man, you really need to learn when to back off and admit you are wrong.
agreed.. most of his posts are no more than silly rants designed to get other members chapped so he can get off on their responses.. he offers nothing to this forum... im sure there are many out there who agree

34swtns
12-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Hello Rick,

Sincerely,
Chris

Thanks Chris, I haven't moved but I will confirm your info is correct, nonetheless. Also having trouble logging in tonight. reset password but it doesn't seem to be helping.

34swtns
12-10-2011, 10:06 PM
agreed.. most of his posts are no more than silly rants designed to get other members chapped so he can get off on their responses.. he offers nothing to this forum... im sure there are many out there who agree

Do not get me started on this guy. :rolleyes:

SkubeBats
12-10-2011, 10:06 PM
All I did was ask a question about my privacy nothing more then that. I didn't come on here and attack anyone. I didn't ask for a catalog nothing more then that. Give me a brake.

trsent
12-10-2011, 10:08 PM
I give Chris credit for him to give some of the profits to charity. I never said anything bad about his auction. I never pick on charities or those who give to them.

Like I said before I'm not trying to cause a problem. All I want is for my info to stay private nothing more then that. Why is that a problem??

The problem is you knowingly started this thread to attack this forum's debuting auction house sending you a catalog instead of emailing Chris or Ed from 8D about your concern and you can't admit you handled your concerns wrongly by making it a public display because you always want to attack people instead of working it out properly like an adult.

That is my concern, that GUU's new auction house that has a charitable concept doesn't need you to complain about it on the forum when you could have contacted Ed or Chris like a Mensch and they would have made you happy and this wouldn't have become a discussion.

All I said is you should apologize to Chris and Ed for posting without first emailing them like a reasonable member of this forum and society would have.

I don't always understand your theories, but I am not out to attack you - I just wanted you to understand what you did wrong and with no respect for what this new auction house stands for. I don't blame them for sending catalogs to all forum members - I would take advantage of that mailing list also for my charitable auction house if I was in their position.

You are entitled to your views and opinions. You should know better to start a thread when your concerns could have been addressed privately without attacking 8D and GUU.

I know, it is a lot of effort to throw away or recycle unwanted mail. Life is not easy.

trsent
12-10-2011, 10:11 PM
All I did was ask a question about my privacy nothing more then that. I didn't come on here and attack anyone. I didn't ask for a catalog nothing more then that. Give me a brake.

You just can't admit you handled it wrong, can you?

You need to stop being better than anyone else in this world and admit when you addressed a concern the wrong way - A thread devoted to you receiving a catalog in the mail for a new, forum owned charitable auction house is just rude and immature and unprofessional.

I understand, you just can't admit when you are wrong and out of line. That is all I asked for but you keep defending yourself for your out of line actions and accusations.

You really can't handle throwing away or recycling a catalog and have to attack a new charitable auction house? Sad. You could have emailed them privately and never had to look like such a bully.

trsent
12-10-2011, 10:13 PM

You couldn't have emailed Chris or Ed at 8D? You see their banner to find them. Why did you have to post it? To embarrass them? You should email Chris and ask him to remove this thread so you don't look like a bully towards a charitable auction house owned by this forum.

You are out of line - Stop defending yourself. You are 100% wrong this time.

SkubeBats
12-10-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm NOT attacking any auction house. I just wanted to know how they got my personal information that's all.

Yes, I could have done this in private I agree. For that I'm sorry.

I know Chris has a lot on his hands at the moment and thought a post would be the fastest way to get my answer.

trsent
12-10-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm NOT attacking any auction house. I just wanted to know how they got my personal information that's all.

Yes, I could have done this in private I agree. For that I'm sorry.

I know Chris has a lot on his hands at the moment and thought a post would be the fastest way to get my answer.

Haha, a compromise!

Go Packers!

gingi79
12-10-2011, 10:19 PM
You don't have to do business with this charity funding auction house, but you don't need to come on here and complain about it. How much do you pay to post on this forum? Maybe you should leave it if you don't like them sending you a catalog?

their auction house that gives a percentage to a charity of every final bid, you attack unprofessionally and you can't just admit you handled it wrong and say you are sorry?

Joel I am going to have to respectfully disagree.

The fact they are charitable is irrelevant. Every reply you made to Jamie was as if it was "ok" for them to send a catalog he sees as unsolicited and a disclosure of his personal information because they donate some of the winning bid money to charity. I for one don't want anyone having my private information without my consent, charity or not. I'm all for this auction house and look forward to their auction but it's irresponsible to give them a free pass due to charitable endeavors.

Show some appreciation and take your issues to private emails and be professional and mature about it.

I'm just wondering Joel, how come it's ok for you to blast Jamie on the forum and claim he is "unprofessional", "a bully", and should "learn some manners" but he can't complain about getting an unsolicited catalog and should "take (his) issues to private emails"?

You are often a bully who attacks as if you are bigger than the world. You were wrong and I have received contact with others since this thread started a few hours ago amazed you attacked an auction house on a forum that gives you the privilege to post for free and an auction house that offers part of every final bid to a charitable organization.

Sure, Jamie could have just emailed Chris and ask to be removed from any mailings. It's what I would have done and as you said, what you would have done. However, we are kidding ourselves if you think this has anything to do with 8D.

Identity Theft is at an all time high and one of the ways to protect ourselves is to make sure our information isn't given to other companies or accessible by third parties. Jamie was also concerned his information wasn't being given away by Chris and GUU to JO or other companies in a previous thread and was assured it wasn't. Then he received a catalog and voiced his displeasure at it.

I just don't know why he should be made a pariah of for voicing a dissenting opinion without callous or abusive language

stitzerfse
12-10-2011, 10:24 PM
While I certainly don't condone the manner and venue with which Jamie raised this topic, I DO understand why some users here on GUU might be upset that their info was shared. Per Chris's original post introducing all of us to 8D-

"As for the GUU site, it will continue to provide free content and communities features to our members and will be completely separate from the 8D entity."

If GUU owned 8D or vice versa, that is a different story. If its a completely separate entity from GUU, then GUU sharing personal member info with this entity should be a no no. Perhaps an opt in would have been a better way to engage GUU members.

Again, could have been communicated better but my guess is that most everyone here wanted to be included in 8D's target audience. If Chris's new venture had nothing to do with sports a few more users might be singing a different tune.

trsent
12-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Joel I am going to have to respectfully disagree.

The fact they are charitable is irrelevant. Every reply you made to Jamie was as if it was "ok" for them to send a catalog he sees as unsolicited and a disclosure of his personal information because they donate some of the winning bid money to charity. I for one don't want anyone having my private information without my consent, charity or not. I'm all for this auction house and look forward to their auction but it's irresponsible to give them a free pass due to charitable endeavors.

I'm just wondering Joel, how come it's ok for you to blast Jamie on the forum and claim he is "unprofessional", "a bully", and should "learn some manners" but he can't complain about getting an unsolicited catalog and should "take (his) issues to private emails"?

Sure, Jamie could have just emailed Chris and ask to be removed from any mailings. It's what I would have done and as you said, what you would have done. However, we are kidding ourselves if you think this has anything to do with 8D.

Identity Theft is at an all time high and one of the ways to protect ourselves is to make sure our information isn't given to other companies or accessible by third parties. Jamie was also concerned his information wasn't being given away by Chris and GUU to JO or other companies in a previous thread and was assured it wasn't. Then he received a catalog and voiced his displeasure at it.

I just don't know why he should be made a pariah of for voicing a dissenting opinion without callous or abusive language

I have no reply to your points. They are stupid and you can defend Jamie's actions all you want. He was wrong. With respect to Chris and 8D he should have emailed them privately.

I do not need to reply to your points and I will not. Please do not post towards me again about this topic. You are wrong and defending attacking this forum's new auction house format is wrong. Deal with it. Reading your post is a waste of time and you bringing up identity theft is ridiculous.

Please - Do not post to me again about this. Your theory is such a waste of time I'd rather not have to waste any more of my life reading such nonsense.

SkubeBats
12-10-2011, 10:31 PM
gingi79 hit it right on the head. I had a problem a few years back with a guy who stole my indentity and ran up my credit cards. Thats why I don't like to give out my personal information. Thats the reason I was wondering how my info was giving out. Nothing more then that, I promise.

trsent
12-10-2011, 10:44 PM
gingi79 hit it right on the head. I had a problem a few years back with a guy who stole my indentity and ran up my credit cards. Thats why I don't like to give out my personal information. Thats the reason I was wondering how my info was giving out. Nothing more then that, I promise.

But you admitted you knew 8D and GUU were tied together and you come on here, now worried about identity theft from a forum you have 2000 posts on so you know where to find the owner but you attack them on the forum instead of emailing them?

Common respect would have been the human thing to do.

gingi79
12-10-2011, 10:46 PM
I have no reply to your points. They are stupid and you can defend Jamie's actions all you want. He was wrong. With respect to Chris and 8D he should have emailed them privately.

I do not need to reply to your points and I will not. Please do not post towards me again about this topic. You are wrong and defending attacking this forum's new auction house format is wrong. Deal with it. Reading your post is a waste of time and you bringing up identity theft is ridiculous.

Please - Do not post to me again about this. Your theory is such a waste of time I'd rather not have to waste any more of my life reading such nonsense.

So when you don't like a dissenting opinion rather than discuss yours, your reply is that someone else's opinions are "stupid" and a "waste of time"? For someone with a long history of defending the minority opinion on this board all I can say is I'm disappointed in you Joel.

You are right, you don't need to reply to me, my valid points or my very factual dissection of you exhibiting everything you chastised Jamie for but your reply said it all for you anyway.

trsent
12-10-2011, 10:51 PM
So when you don't like a dissenting opinion rather than discuss yours, your reply is that someone else's opinions are "stupid" and a "waste of time"? For someone with a long history of defending the minority opinion on this board all I can say is I'm disappointed in you Joel.

You are right, you don't need to reply to me, my valid points or my very factual dissection of you exhibiting everything you chastised Jamie for but your reply said it all for you anyway.

You bringing up identify theft makes your post a waste of time. I respect you, please don't have me change my mind while defending someone who always posts with Big Brother theories.

Sorry I worded my reply so strongly. I didn't mean to be insulting and I see it came over that way.

SkubeBats
12-10-2011, 10:53 PM
trsent,
I never attacked anyone on this post. Your the only one that is attacking people. It doesn't matter if 8D & GUU are conected my personal information isn't to be shared with anyone. Thats my piont!

In the past Chris has posted if you have nothing to hide why make private email's when you can post on the forum for everyone to see.

gingi79
12-10-2011, 10:58 PM
You bringing up identify theft makes your post a waste of time. I respect you, please don't have me change my mind while defending someone who always posts with Big Brother theories.

Sorry I worded my reply so strongly. I didn't mean to be insulting and I see it came over that way.

We're good Joel, it's always refreshing to see your passion and the fact you are insightful enough to not only revisit your posts but take responsibility for them.
There is a lot to be said for that.

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion......

trsent
12-10-2011, 11:02 PM
trsent,
I never attacked anyone on this post. Your the only one that is attacking people. It doesn't matter if 8D & GUU are conected my personal information isn't to be shared with anyone. Thats my piont!

In the past Chris has posted if you have nothing to hide why make private email's when you can post on the forum for everyone to see.

Never mind, I made my points and you just can't give it up.

Good night and good luck - Keep thinking you were right attacking this forums new auction house instead of being a mature adult and privately bringing your concern to them like a normal person who uses a free forum and sees the banners for the charitable auction house all the time can see.

Keep believing you were right. You admitted you should have privately emailed them then you come back with a stupid post not giving up.

Show some appreciation for once in your life and if you can't take it get help because you are so concerned about all your valuable time wasted receiving a small catalog in the mail that you couldn't just throw away or place in the recycle bin you had to attack a forum that comes to you for free that you damn well knew is debuting a charity based fund-raising auction house.

Disrespectful and I'm not the only on who feels this way. I'm the only one with balls large enough to bring it up.

both-teams-played-hard
12-10-2011, 11:04 PM
Have you guys ever typed your own name into spokeo.com ? There may be a photo of your house and its value. Maybe your birthday....maybe your political affiliation. Try it. You'll like it. Big brother is indeed, watching.

SkubeBats
12-10-2011, 11:13 PM
trsent,
I'll say it again I'm NOT attacking Chris or 8D auctions. I know they are working for some charities and they have a new auction but that has nothing to do with this. I just want my info to stay private thats all JOEL!! Sorry if you like people to know your personal info but I don't and I have my reasons. You keep attacking me for wanting to keep my self safe.

I want people to bid in this auction because it is helping people out. I wouldn't try and to harm a charity or the people that help one out.

trsent
12-10-2011, 11:18 PM
trsent,
I'll say it again I'm NOT attacking Chris or 8D auctions. I know they are working for some charities and they have a new auction but that has nothing to do with this. I just want my info to stay private thats all JOEL!! Sorry if you like people to know your personal info but I don't and I have my reasons. You keep attacking me for wanting to keep my self safe.

I want people to bid in this auction because it is helping people out. I wouldn't try and to harm a charity or the people that help one out.

So you know that Chris and GUU own 8D, but you are worried that your name and address went between the two?

Go to the bomb shelter!

trsent
12-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Have you guys ever typed your own name into spokeo.com ? There may be a photo of your house and its value. Maybe your birthday....maybe your political affiliation. Try it. You'll like it. Big brother is indeed, watching.

Someone called my personal cell phone a few weeks ago, not my business cell phone about a business matter. I asked how they got the number and I found out that a business web site had published it with my business contact information.

I had them change it but it was odd to see an unpublished number so readily available.

lakeerie92
12-10-2011, 11:24 PM

Just did this. AWESOME!

ferro39
12-10-2011, 11:27 PM
auction catalogs=srs biz

SkubeBats
12-10-2011, 11:28 PM
trsent
I'm done fighting with you over this. I made my point you made yours. Chris gave me the answer I was looking for. So lets stop making anymore post on this subject.

OaklandAsFan
12-10-2011, 11:39 PM
do you have to be a paid member to get a catalog? I didn't get one either

Dewey2007
12-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Just did it. Funny to see Big Brother still has me affiliated with a duplex I lived in while in college 20 years ago!

both-teams-played-hard
12-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Just did it. Funny to see Big Brother still has me affiliated with a duplex I lived in while in college 20 years ago!
It lists my male cousin as a female, who is married to another female.

trsent
12-11-2011, 12:07 AM
It lists me as being on Western Avenue, where I lived in the late 1990's before moving to Las Vegas.