Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jake33
    • Nov 2005

adding an auto to MLB authenticated item question

Does anyone know the process for getting an mlb authenticated item, then at a later date getting the item signed? Look at the auth number below....

FJ 174093

Do you just need an authenticator present to add information to the database, rather than appying another sticker to the item? Any information would be helpful.
  • joelsabi
    • Aug 2005

Re: adding an auto to MLB authenticated item question

Originally posted by jake33
    Does anyone know the process for getting an mlb authenticated item, then at a later date getting the item signed? Look at the auth number below....

FJ 174093

Do you just need an authenticator present to add information to the database, rather than appying another sticker to the item? Any information would be helpful.
    I don't believe the addendum to a previously authenticated item is put into the database directly by the authenticator. As you know there is a bit of a lag time before the information is published on the public database. There is more likely a log (low tech) kept by the authenticator that is submitted to an admin who adds any addendums to the database as well as any new data for the newly authenticated items from an autograph session. this is based on assumption only so I would like to know what the procedure is. I cannot find any written rule for this procedure on the MLB site. It would be cool if the authenticator had a laptop and could instantaneously add an item to the MLB database.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Comment

• gnishiyama
      • Aug 2006

From my experience its kind of all over the place. I have had MLB
      authenticated game-used balls signed during an a signing with an MLB
      authenticator present.
      I have had balls come back with just the original MLB hologram # updated
      with the signing details, other time with an additional MLB hologram
      added for just the autograph. I prefer all the information on one sticker.
      This has happened going through the same company, same player but
      different autograph session so I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to
      it. When I asked the company who held the signing why, they said it all
      depends on the MLB authenticator who is present at the signing.

On another note, I have had unlicensed photos come back with and without
      MLB hologram and when I asked why I was told some authenticators are
      more strict than others.
      Goh Nishiyama

Always buying Japanese Game Used Memorablia

gnishiyama@gmail.com

Comment

• frikativ54
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by gnishiyama
        On another note, I have had unlicensed photos come back with and without MLB hologram and when I asked why I was told some authenticators are more strict than others.
        An unlicensed photo can't have an MLB hologram?!?! So I can't get an MLB hologram on a pic I took, even if the authenticator was there to witness its being signed? Can someone please explain this to me?
        Les Zukor
        bagwellgameused@gmail.com
        Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
        (617) 682-0408

Comment

• kylehess10
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by frikativ54
          An unlicensed photo can't have an MLB hologram?!?! So I can't get an MLB hologram on a pic I took, even if the authenticator was there to witness its being signed? Can someone please explain this to me?
          The Braves have free signings at CNN every month during the season and I always bring my own photos to get signed and the MLB authenticator puts his hologram on them every time. I've never seen them turn down an item to put a hologram on after being signed
          kylehess941@hotmail.com

My Game Used Collection:
          http://www.wix.com/kylehess941/gameused

http://www.kylehessphotography.com/

Comment

Working...