PDA

View Full Version : Bears Tebowed

schubert1970
12-11-2011, 07:34 PM
Tim Tebow parted the bears like Moses parted the red sea. TIM TEBOW TIME!!!
After all that trash talking....... ROFLMAO

brianborsch
12-11-2011, 07:52 PM
See? You all thought those people were crazy! The 2nd coming of Christ has happened!

But seriously, 4th quarter is offically titled Tebow Time if you are playing Denver. If you haven't amassed a 21 point lead by the 4th Qtr against Denver, you better be afraid!

34swtns
12-11-2011, 07:52 PM
More correct:

The Bears got BARBER'D.

I watched the game. Marion gave it away. The game was in the bag TWICE and Marion gave it away.

The Tebow "magic" ends next week. Brady and his posse will see to that.

freddiefreeman5
12-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Tebow seems to bring out the best in the players around him. The players seem to really love him.

schubert1970
12-11-2011, 08:30 PM
More correct:

The Bears got BARBER'D.

I watched the game. Marion gave it away. The game was in the bag TWICE and Marion gave it away.

Makes you wonder how much Barber bet in the or does he have Earnest Byner disease.

The Fumble Part II

schubert1970
12-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Tebow seems to bring out the best in the players around him. The players seem to really love him.

I haven't been this excited about Bronco games since Elway. I originally purchased nfl ticket to watch bronco games but for the lat several years it's been a waste of money. Maybe Josh McDaniels actually got something right with Timmy.

schubert1970
12-12-2011, 10:41 AM
"If we lost to Tebow, I would be freakin' pissed," said Bears linebacker Lance Briggs on Thursday before adding, "we’re going to have to stop that crap."

Lance is currently wipping the crap out of his eyes.

“He’s a good running back,” Urlacher said of Tebow after the game. “He does a good job for them.”

Brain showing what a classless guy he really is.

freddiefreeman5
12-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Don't blame Urlacher. He hasn't had a real leader in a a QB in Chicago in so long he just doesn't recognize one anymore. ;)

brianborsch
12-12-2011, 01:26 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say that Tim Tebow is a good Quarterback. Part of what Urlacher says is true, Tebow has had some good runs. But you put him in as a RB on running plays and I am willing to bet he doesn't have as much success on the run.

Part of his success on the run is the element of surprise as well as the potential to pass.

The thing is, Tebow's arm is not good. That's why he won't be Denver's long-term QB. You can't win a Superbowl with a QB who can't throw. Now if Tebow develops accuracy and a passing arm then we have a real QB ala Cam Newton. Tebow is a poor man's Cam Newton.

schubert1970
12-12-2011, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't go as far as to say that Tim Tebow is a good Quarterback. Part of what Urlacher says is true, Tebow has had some good runs. But you put him in as a RB on running plays and I am willing to bet he doesn't have as much success on the run.

Part of his success on the run is the element of surprise as well as the potential to pass.

The thing is, Tebow's arm is not good. That's why he won't be Denver's long-term QB. You can't win a Superbowl with a QB who can't throw. Now if Tebow develops accuracy and a passing arm then we have a real QB ala Cam Newton. Tebow is a poor man's Cam Newton.

Two words - Trent Dilfer

freddiefreeman5
12-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Tebow's arm is fine. He just needs to work on accuracy and timing.

genius
12-12-2011, 01:39 PM
I would say there were as much "Pratered" as they were Tebowed. A 59-yard field goal at the gun! I don't care if it was in mile-high Denver. Incredible kick. Plus a brain fart by the Bears for running out of bounds. Plus a great defense holding the Bears to 10 points. Tebow is showing an uncanny knack for clutch play but there's a lot more than just him. I do think that the team is feeding off of his positive nature, bringing a higher focus to the end of games. Prater's kick is a great example of that, he wanted to make it for Tebow.

xpress34
12-12-2011, 02:04 PM
I live in Denver and was pleased when the Broncos signed Tebow... like any young QB, he still needs time to get polished and John Elway -finally - the other day publicly backed Tebow and has said that while he doesn't want to get in the way of the QB coaches and the Offensive coaches or John Fox during the season: 'They have their jobs to do and I have mine' - he did state that in the off-season he and Tebow will get together and he will take him under wing to work on some things to make him a better QB.

That said, his 4th Qtr stats tell the story:

Quarters Att Comp Pct Yds Avg Lng TD Int 1st

1st Qtr 29 14 48.3 171 5.9 28 1 1 7

2nd Qtr 42 14 33.3 107 2.5 19 1 0 6

3rd Qtr 40 15 37.5 242 6.0 41 3 0 9

4th Qtr 80 49 61.3 732 9.2 56 6 1 33

4th w/i 7 25 14 56.0 309 12.4 56 1 0 11

Overtime 7 4 57.1 38 5.4 16 0 0 2

TNTtoys
12-12-2011, 02:53 PM
More correct:

The Bears got BARBER'D.

Tebow completing 18 out of his last 24 passes (all in the 4th quarter or later) was no fluke. I chalk that up to the fact that they play differently in the 4th. If he is so effective in the shotgun, why don't they play that formation for the first 3 quarters??? Only when it's crunch time, they seem to put him where he is comfortable.

The Patriots winning next week is also not a given. Their defense is not exactly stellar; Brady did not play particularly well and Washington nearly beat them this week.

trsent
12-12-2011, 11:03 PM
My favorite tweet today:

@danieltosh (https://twitter.com/#!/danieltosh) daniel tosh

"the lord works in mysterious ways" save that for the millions of kids dying of hunger, not tebow squeaking out wins against s**t teams.

schubert1970
12-13-2011, 11:20 AM
I want Tebow to thow a hail mary for a touchdown for an encore.

34swtns
12-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Welcome back to planet earth. Courtesy of Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.

CollectGU
12-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Back down to planet earth, yes, and also still likely playoff bound because of the win over Chicago...:D

34swtns
12-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Let's keep in mind, behind all the smoke and mirrors of the "Tebow Magic", the Broncos didn't beat Jay Cutler......they beat Caleb Hanie.
And they didn't beat Matt Forte......they beat Kahlil Bell.
But if you're honest about it, you know they didn't even beat those backups. The Bears had that game in the bag for 3 quarters and 13+ minutes.
Marion Barber was the most important member of the Denver Broncos that day. Him and the Broncos' kicker won that game for them.
Tom Brady exposed the real Broncos.

Let's not all choke on the kool-aid.

pacman2680
12-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Considering the fact that the Broncos started 2 rookie safeties due to Brian Dawkins sitting out. Plus a few uncharacteristic turnovers, the Broncos were still in the game going into the 4th quarter.

Unfortunately cannot say the same for the Bears, who got completely blown out on home field by the Seahawks of all teams, who are mediocre at best.

34swtns
12-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Yeah, having your starting QB and primary running back on the sidelines in street clothes will guarantee that result.
Not to mention your primary WR breaks his back in the 1st quarter.

No s#!t, they weren't in it.

mbenga28
12-19-2011, 04:36 PM
this Tebow fantasy is going to come and pass, once the next feel-good player/story comes along in sports his name will only be a memory. probably in a couple of more seasons you'll see him as a back-up quarterback on a smaller market team.