PDA

View Full Version : What would you pay.

gadsden86
12-12-2011, 09:15 PM
For a jersey of a guy who only played 2 seasons on your favorite team. Didnt do much and the jersey is from his 2nd year where he dressed for the 1st 10 games or so then was cut. The jersey is from the 2nd year where he only had stats in 1 game out of the 10.

So a backup/ ST guy.

Thanks for any input. Just lost out on the jersey i really wanted so looking out for other options & this is 1 that cough my eye.

finfanrb23
12-12-2011, 09:29 PM
I think it is all relative to how much you want the jersey.... Obviously you need to think resale just in case you are ever forced to sell but I have spent higher than market value for a jersey or two. Look at it this way, If you can live with the price and the jersey has special meaning then you didn't overspend.

gadsden86
12-12-2011, 09:32 PM
I think it is all relative to how much you want the jersey.... Obviously you need to think resale just in case you are ever forced to sell but I have spent higher than market value for a jersey or two. Look at it this way, If you can live with the price and the jersey has special meaning then you didn't overspend.

Good point. Thanks for the input.

Meli61989
12-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Sounds like me getting a Charles Tillman paying a pretty penny and needed cash ASAP for a bill

Meli61989
12-12-2011, 09:35 PM
But I did buy a romo and it's like a baby to me along with my Rodgers lol

legaleagle92481
12-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Whatever you personally feel it is worth. Not everything can be viewed as an investment and sometimes you just got to buy what you like even if you may eventually lose money on it. Look at it like this. Collections are a form entertainment, a hobby. Going to the movies is in the same category after the movie ends your ticket stub is totally worthless and the movies over in 90 minutes. You can enjoy a jersey for years and then get something even if its less than you paid for it.

gadsden86
12-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Whatever you personally feel it is worth. Not everything can be viewed as an investment and sometimes you just got to buy what you like even if you may eventually lose money on it. Look at it like this. Collections are a form entertainment, a hobby. Going to the movies is in the same category after the movie ends your ticket stub is totally worthless and the movies over in 90 minutes. You can enjoy a jersey for years and then get something even if its less than you paid for it.

Very true. Why should i really care what someone else thinks of what i paid for for an item that will be PC.