PDA

View Full Version : How do you like your Baseball bats?

SkubeBats
12-14-2011, 08:52 PM
I was wondering how you like your baseball bats. Pick from the following list.

unused
game used
uncracked
cracked
signed
unsigned
broken in 2
piece missing
heavy use
light use
pine tar or mota stick
etc.

I like my bats to be uncracked game used signed and also they should show nice use to them.

ncbadges
12-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Game used for me. Signed is ok too, but just plain ole game used is enough.

ncb

gingi79
12-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Game used, heavy use, photo matched, signed and uncracked. Handed to me by the player would be great too.

sox83cubs84
12-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Nothing on he list is a deal breaker because all the bats I have in my collection WERE handed to me by he players or by clubhouse managers. Anything that was broken in two, however, WOULD be repaired after receipt.

Dave Miedema

yankees506
12-14-2011, 11:58 PM
Authentic?!

frikativ54
12-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Game used, pounded, broken in two...

kylehess10
12-15-2011, 01:14 AM
Completely destroyed :D i.e. broken in 2 or more pieces, unsigned, & photomatched/videomatched

godwulf
12-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Ideally...as much use as possible, with ridiculous pine tar, MARKED with the player's number (or a name or nickname) on knob and/or barrel end, and uncracked.

happyyoungster
12-15-2011, 02:48 PM
I prefer that my bats are handled and used by 2011 NL MVP Ryan Braun.;)
(spare the jokes and the commentary...I've already heard it all)

CampWest
12-15-2011, 03:12 PM
of course within normal player characteristics, my preference is:

1. Used...
2. HEAVILY...
3. With lots of tar/moto...
4. slight crack (I like to know the bat was used until it died, a sign of a good piece of wood that the player liked and was probably successful with)...
5. signed...

That said, if its lightly used and unsigned and missing a little wood thats often acceptable as well.

I just want an authentic bat, with good traits. However it came out of the player's hand is usually fine with me.

I'm generally against repaired bats, I want it as it came off the field. I won't repair them, but I'll buy them repaired on ocassion.

frikativ54
12-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Completely destroyed :D i.e. broken in 2 or more pieces, unsigned, & photomatched/videomatched

I totally agree. Couldn't have said it better myself. And Kyle, your videomatched bats are the envy of any collection. How do you find those pieces, like your WS bat sawed in half?

maverick14
12-15-2011, 05:10 PM
I prefer uncracked with heavy use and they must be signed and inscribed. And as always photomatched is huge plus.

zookerman182
12-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Just noticed you are banned Jamie?

Whats up with that?

Didnt mean to hijack the thread but Jamie has been a huge part of the forums for a long time now.

brianborsch
12-15-2011, 08:41 PM
Ia Jaime the freddiefreeman guy? If so, he was banned for being rude and argumentative. He was causing all kinds of disruption. If Jaime is not the freddiefreeman guy then I'm not sure why...sorry...

frikativ54
12-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Ia Jaime the freddiefreeman guy? If so, he was banned for being rude and argumentative. He was causing all kinds of disruption. If Jaime is not the freddiefreeman guy then I'm not sure why...sorry...

Nope. Jamie is the OP, SkubeBats. He is a good guy, dedicated to a clean hobby, and I am saddened that he was banned.

CampWest
12-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Beats me... my guess is it would have something to do with the locked thread he had several posts on...

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=47685

Of course, I could be way off too...

sox83cubs84
12-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Overall, I like Jamie, and appreciae his concern to clean up he hobby. That said, however, many of his posts come off as "shoot first, ask questions later", or having a desire to play judge, jury and executioner, even on matters that weren't cut and dried. I hink he was too accusatory at times for his own good. I do have to add, though, that I'm not sure who's going to take the baton from him in informing us of the new ID's on eBay that the one equipment forger he used to keep track of will now be using. He will be missed.

Dave Miedema

CampWest
12-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Overall, I like Jamie, and appreciae his concern to clean up he hobby. That said, however, many of his posts come off as "shoot first, ask questions later", or having a desire to play judge, jury and executioner, even on matters that weren't cut and dried. I hink he was too accusatory at times for his own good. I do have to add, though, that I'm not sure who's going to take the baton from him in informing us of the new ID's on eBay that the one equipment forger he used to keep track of will now be using. He will be missed.

Dave Miedema

Hopefully, its a short-lived ban and everybody can move forward without a grudge once he returns.

sox83cubs84
12-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Hopefully, its a short-lived ban and everybody can move forward without a grudge once he returns.

Agreed. Whatever his approach, his heart's always been in the right place.

Dave M.

sox83cubs84
12-16-2011, 06:52 PM
While perusing another thread, I came across an old freddiefreeman5 post. Apparenly he has been banned as well.

Dave Miedema