PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Cardinals Winter Warm Up

stlbats
12-21-2011, 09:21 PM
With the Cardinals Annual Winter Warm Up getting started up with autograph tickets sales and such going on.......Anyone on here going this year???

Jason
stlbats@bellsouth.net

bigtruck260
12-22-2011, 12:25 AM
I may go...if only to score a LaRussa sig. Timing is really bad for me this year, have alot going on that weekend.

flota89
12-22-2011, 01:48 PM
I should be there for the weekend.

70to66
12-22-2011, 06:47 PM
I will be there on Sunday.

stlbats
12-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Did anyone buy any autograph tickets? My wife got me a couple right at 9:00 when they went on sale. It said Freese was sold out at 9:00??? What's with that?

pirates09
01-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Any one know if the JSA booth will be back this year?

Birdbats
01-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Any one know if the JSA booth will be back this year?

Yes, JSA will be there all three days. They'll also be at a card store in St. Peters on Friday 1/13.

onlyalbert
01-09-2012, 01:20 PM
Did anyone buy any autograph tickets? My wife got me a couple right at 9:00 when they went on sale. It said Freese was sold out at 9:00??? What's with that?

That same thing happened to me. I tried about 4 times and it happened each time. As I was getting ready to dial their phone number I was trying and it went through. Probably was an issue with the high volume of traffic for his autograph. He sold out fast.....the new face of the Cards.

onlyalbert
01-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Did anyone notice the acution items list? I was greatly disappointed at the offerings. Not even 1 playoff or WS item from a WS winner?! Not even an empty champaign botttle? I think I counted only about 17 gu bats for the whole weekend, but almost 200 baseballs! Thrilling eh? Go to an autograph show to bid on pre autographed balls? And they did not list any of the packages yet. Pretty sad. You would think that losing Albert they would've stepped up greatly to off set the loss of revenue.

frikativ54
01-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Did they have any Rally Squirrel stuff?

flota89
01-09-2012, 02:32 PM
Frikativ, it isnt until MLK weekend.

But I was also surprised at the lack of game used bats in both the silent and live auctions. One Craig, a Berkman, Molina, Holliday, Rasmus, Wainwright, Carpenter, and a few others. While it's most of the big names, you'd think they could come up with more than one of each bat.

And for those hoping to score big at the authentics booth, I talked to Pat on the phone the other day. He said they don't have many new bats. I know at the end of the season they didn't have much left either, so game used items could be hard to find at WWU.

frikativ54
01-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Frikativ, it isnt until MLK weekend.

Thanks for letting me know. I would be interested in anything related to the Rally Squirrel. Will pay a finder's fee. :D

jscott0688
01-09-2012, 05:12 PM
I wonder if any of the world series jerseys will become available.

64SHEA
01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
I was hoping to get my Beltran bat signed. To bad I don't know any one in stl. $75 is a great price. In 2007 I got him on my 06 gu base.......$250! from steiner.

stlbats
01-09-2012, 08:49 PM
The live auction items are really down. Usually have 5-7 items each auction, now down to 1 or 2.

Who knows?????

cards82
01-09-2012, 09:07 PM
I will be there all three days. I am excited to go but not the 2 hour drive each day! This happen due to late schedule change. Where can I find the auction list? Does not sound too exciting again this year! I do like Jeff's question will any WS jerseys sold in the future? GO CARDS!

Birdbats
01-09-2012, 09:10 PM
I met with Pat Daly today and saw for myself that he does have World Series jerseys. He had the key players' shirts set aside -- they will be auctioned on the team's website at some point. I asked if he would have any lesser players at the Warm Up; he said it depended on whether the authenticator was able to make it to Busch before Friday.

Pat has plenty of champagne bottles, so if you want one of those, they'll be at the Warm Up. He said he just got some caps (including stars and stripes from 2010) and batting helmets, so look for those, too. Overall, I think Pat will have good inventory, including jerseys and bats.

I, too, am a little disappointed at the auction offerings. But, I know Cardinals Care was running low on GU items last season, and having three auctions at each playoff game really depleted what they had. Since I'm trying to collect bats from every player on the 2011 team, I have my eye on several of them. Also want to get a Joplin jersey.

cards82
01-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Jeff that is some good news! (maybe not for my pocketbook) I do not understand why the cards don't offer more items for us to get? After going to the Padres Fan fest last season. They sell everything! Caps, pants helmets, bats, sock, jackets everything! How much equipment do they recycle for a another season? They could make enough money for the equipment and extra for charity!

flota89
01-09-2012, 11:46 PM
I met with Pat Daly today and saw for myself that he does have World Series jerseys. He had the key players' shirts set aside -- they will be auctioned on the team's website at some point. I asked if he would have any lesser players at the Warm Up; he said it depended on whether the authenticator was able to make it to Busch before Friday.

Pat has plenty of champagne bottles, so if you want one of those, they'll be at the Warm Up. He said he just got some caps (including stars and stripes from 2010) and batting helmets, so look for those, too. Overall, I think Pat will have good inventory, including jerseys and bats.

I, too, am a little disappointed at the auction offerings. But, I know Cardinals Care was running low on GU items last season, and having three auctions at each playoff game really depleted what they had. Since I'm trying to collect bats from every player on the 2011 team, I have my eye on several of them. Also want to get a Joplin jersey.
Jeff,
Did you get a look at what bats or batting helmets they had?

Birdbats
01-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Jeff,
Did you get a look at what bats or batting helmets they had?

Saw several Jay, Furcal and Berkman bats, a couple Molinas and at least one of Craig, Freese and Holliday. There also was a Laird used by Jay and a Carpenter used by Lohse. I can only assume what I saw is going to be at the WWU. The helmets were boxed, so I couldn't see them. The Authentics booth will definitely be worth checking out as soon as you can.

jscott0688
01-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks Jeff. It's nice to know there is something to be excited for at the Warm Up.

brianborsch
01-10-2012, 10:07 AM
If anyone is going, I am looking to buy the lineup card from 7/21/11 against the NY Mets. I'm not sure if they keep them if they played away...

frikativ54
01-10-2012, 11:39 AM
There are some WS jerseys on MLB.com Auctions. Here is the Berkman: http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=173713026&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=174059736.

flota89
01-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Jeff, I wonder if some of those bigger bats are for the silent auctions?

I'm also curious if the Furcal/Molina bats were badly destroyed or if they were in decent shape?

Birdbats
01-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Jeff, I wonder if some of those bigger bats are for the silent auctions?

I'm also curious if the Furcal/Molina bats were badly destroyed or if they were in decent shape?

Those bats are not for auction. The Authentics Store and Cardinals Care are separate entities, so if Authentics has them, they intend to sell them. The Furcal and Molina bats were cracked, but didn't seem to be destroyed.

flota89
01-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Those bats are not for auction. The Authentics Store and Cardinals Care are separate entities, so if Authentics has them, they intend to sell them. The Furcal and Molina bats were cracked, but didn't seem to be destroyed.
Sorry for all the questions, but did you see prices?

Birdbats
01-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Sorry for all the questions, but did you see prices?
No.

onlyalbert
01-10-2012, 06:53 PM
There are some WS jerseys on MLB.com Auctions. Here is the Berkman: http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=173713026&prmenbr=33072944&aunbr=174059736.

Here's a question for anyone. Most of these jerseys are "Set 1". I know for a fact that late in the season a lot of players were on "Set 13" jerseys. Are these just extra gamers from the season with the WS patch added or did the team order for the WS start over with 'Set 1"? I notice the descriptions do not say anything about them being "worn in the WS" and as Jeff pointed out they have not been authenticated as such. Anybody have any ideas?

onlyalbert
01-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Here's a question for anyone. Most of these jerseys are "Set 1". I know for a fact that late in the season a lot of players were on "Set 13" jerseys. Are these just extra gamers from the season with the WS patch added or did the team order for the WS start over with 'Set 1"? I notice the descriptions do not say anything about them being "worn in the WS" and as Jeff pointed out they have not been authenticated as such. Anybody have any ideas?

OK, I just realized it says "issued" and authenticated, but I do not see any MLB stickers on them. Anyone know why these are "set 1". That is the confusing part for me.

flota89
01-10-2012, 08:27 PM
Probably set one for the WS. I'm sure it starts over. And although it says issued, the description states that they show signs of wear. I do know all the bat from the store just say issued. Probably because the MLB authenticates wasn't there to watch them actually be used. Just my .02

cards82
01-11-2012, 01:27 AM
The Cardinals did not order new jerseys for the World Series. They sent regular season jerseys to a company to have the series patches sewn on. Go to Birdbats sight Oct 18th and look at the segment that was aired on a local news broadcast.

flota89
01-11-2012, 11:58 AM
The Cardinals did not order new jerseys for the World Series. They sent regular season jerseys to a company to have the series patches sewn on. Go to Birdbats sight Oct 18th and look at the segment that was aired on a local news broadcast.
I didn't know that information. I assumed they just made new ones. That does make it odd that they are low set numbers.

onlyalbert
01-11-2012, 08:40 PM

I have seen Jeff's post and the tv program. That was one of the reasons for the post. It just does not make sense that they would be set 1. I know in Sept they were all on like set 11 or 13. Jeff, any thoughts on this? I will be at the WWU this weekend and will post the question to Pat Daly who runs the Authentics store.

frikativ54
01-11-2012, 08:48 PM
I have seen Jeff's post and the tv program. That was one of the reasons for the post. It just does not make sense that they would be set 1. I know in Sept they were all on like set 11 or 13. Jeff, any thoughts on this? I will be at the WWU this weekend and will post the question to Pat Daly who runs the Authentics store.

If the Cards go through that many jerseys, what happens to all of them? Are they all sold to collectors? Do any of the jerseys show much use?

I am genuinely curious, because it's hard for me to fathom going through that many jerseys.

-Frik

Birdbats
01-11-2012, 08:56 PM

How many at auction actually are set 1? I didn't count that many. And it's not like everyone was on set 11 or 13 -- on 9/24 at jersey off the back day, Albert's shirt was set 9 and Yadi was set 4. Those are guys who probably get more shirts than other players. I'd have no problem buying a set 1. The couple jerseys on top of the stacks I saw exhibited very good wear.

cards82
01-12-2012, 01:34 PM
I have two jerseys from the last online auction that was against the Cubs 9/23. Skip jersey 6 and Jay jersey 6 neither show much use. They still have inspector tags on the laundry label. Which leads me to believe they may have been wore that one game. I am sure these jerseys will show great use like Jeff said since they were used during the regular season but were they worn during the World Series? I am sure these jerseys will demand high prices due to the fact they may have been worn during the series. I am hoping Pat will be able to add some information to this question. I hope Pat does not get too tired of all of our questions this weekend! I am very sure we will keep him busy all weekend but we love him!

rj_lucas
01-12-2012, 05:04 PM
I am sure these jerseys will show great use like Jeff said since they were used during the regular season but were they worn during the World Series?

I sent Pat an email with the same question yesterday and here's the reply he sent.

----------------

Rick:

All of the jerseys were used at some point during the season and were
washed numerous times and some show signs of wear such as snags,
stains, pilling and fading of stitching. Our club almost always places
postseason patches (if applicable) on existing uniforms rather than
purchasing new ones for a series. The clubhouse tells me these were used
in the World Series but I cannot attest to that and none are MLB
authenticated as game-used in the WS or otherwise. They are all
authenticated as 'Team Issued' with only general information because
they were done after the fact and the authenticator did not see them
come directly off of the player's back.

I hope this helps.

Pat

DonTheLegend
01-13-2012, 11:23 PM
FYI, ....im looking for Lankford auto tickets if anyone has one or a few to unload.

MLB~NUT
01-14-2012, 01:35 AM
RJ best of luck on that FREESE, thats alot of money for not being a game 6 or 7 home jersey which we know the gm 6 is in the HOF...

MLB~NUT
01-14-2012, 01:41 AM
my other question is I saw the replay from P.D., but at the end of each WS jersey descrip.it say each is MLB AUTHENTICATED!!! Which is it, LOL???:confused:

calgrad1999
01-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Has anyone attempted to photomatch the jerseys? I know it's
tough. It seems like a gamble. I have one past ws gamer
I was able to photomatch.

Any ws jerseys at wwu? I might be interested in getting one
mmikemag@aol.com

jscott0688
01-14-2012, 08:04 PM
Day one at the Winter Warm up went pretty well for me. My first stop was at the Cardinals Authentics booth where they had common player World Series jerseys for $325. I picked up the Lance Lynn home white jersey and was able to get him to sign and inscribe it "Game Used WS Champ 2011". I talked to Pat Daly and he said they are going to save the batting helmets (of which they have roughly five) and the stars and stripes caps that Jeff was referring to for Opening Day.

My next stop was the Cardinals Care team store, which was not nearly as stocked as most previous years, but much better than last year. They had two racks up jerseys priced at $100 for home whites, $75 for road greys and $50 for pregame/batting practice jerseys. They also had a tub of bats (including Rasmus and mostly no-name players), 2010 Civil Rights Game Caps, and 2010 stars and stripes Caps. I was really glad to get Blake Hawksworth's cap from the Civil Rights game as I already have his jersey from that game. I also picked up four Stars and Strips caps (Dave Duncan, Pedro Feliz, Blake Hawksworth and Ryan Franklin), which all show nice use. Perhaps the coolest thing I picked up here was a prototype of the pregame jersey the Cardinals chose not to wear this year (see photo below and full story here (http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/some-numbers-for-edmonds-from-cardinals-truck-day/article_cec1ad00-32f3-11e0-9658-0017a4a78c22.html); notice the blue shoulders). My friend got the prototype of the style they did choose to go with as well as a Colby Rasmus pink mothers day bat. I also picked up an Eduardo Sanchez pregame jersey and a Joe Kelly spring training batting practice jersey at the store.

As far as autographs, I got my Lynn jersey and my two Zack Cox spring training jerseys signed and inscribed today.

Tomorrow I will get two more of my Shelby Miller jerseys signed and I also hope to pick up one of the Joplin patch jerseys at the silent auction.

frikativ54
01-14-2012, 08:23 PM
Day one at the Winter Warm up went pretty well for me. My first stop was at the Cardinals Authentics booth where they had common player World Series jerseys for $325. I picked up the Lance Lynn home white jersey and was able to get him to sign and inscribe it "Game Used WS Champ 2011". I talked to Pat Daly and he said they are going to save the batting helmets (of which they have roughly five) and the stars and stripes caps that Jeff was referring to for Opening Day.

That's an awesome deal for the World Series jerseys. I wonder how many were actually used in the WS though.

Did they have any Rally Squirrel stuff there? Did the Squirrel make an appearance at Winter Warm Up?

jscott0688
01-14-2012, 08:33 PM
That's an awesome deal for the World Series jerseys. I wonder how many were actually used in the WS though.

Did they have any Rally Squirrel stuff there? Did the Squirrel make an appearance at Winter Warm Up?

They all definitely show use, but it remains to be determined how many were actually used in the series.

The rally squirrel was not present today, but was nonetheless well represented at a lot of the booths.

randyjbeck
01-14-2012, 08:48 PM
I picked up a cracked Rasmussen bat, Jose Lopez Civil rights hat. I have a jersey from the game but I think I have Franklin. Can't remember at the moment. I also got a Derek Lilliquist autographed Joplin hat and Kozma set 1 home jersey that I had him sign. I also had Cox sign my spring training GU that I bought from the authentics store earlier in the year. Saw the World Series jerseys. Most of the guys that were left when I looked I believe we're guys who were not on the world series roster like Patterson

Any chance you want to get rid of one of your Miller jerseys

randyjbeck
01-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Supposed to say Rasmus. Dam auto correct

frikativ54
01-14-2012, 08:51 PM
The rally squirrel was not present today, but was nonetheless well represented at a lot of the booths.

What kind of Rally Squirrel stuff did they have? Anything rare, oddball, unique, or one-of-a-kind?

Glad to hear the Squirrel was well represented. :D

lakeerie92
01-14-2012, 08:53 PM
If they have any Teams Unite for Joplin commemorative game used balls could you email me? I know the Cardinals Care foundation had a large amount that didn't sell so I am hoping to pick up a few extra for me and a few people.

jscott0688
01-14-2012, 08:58 PM
If they have any Teams Unite for Joplin commemorative game used balls could you email me? I know the Cardinals Care foundation had a large amount that didn't sell so I am hoping to pick up a few extra for me and a few people.

I think I saw some in the team store, but I'm not sure they had the Joplin logo on them. I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow.

jscott0688
01-14-2012, 09:01 PM
What kind of Rally Squirrel stuff did they have? Anything rare, oddball, unique, or one-of-a-kind?

Glad to hear the Squirrel was well represented. :D

I really wasn't paying much attention, but I saw some stuffed animals and t-shirts.

randyjbeck
01-14-2012, 09:04 PM

I know they had alot of GU balls from the game but I didn't notice any logos but I didn't look at them much

jscott0688
01-15-2012, 10:50 AM
I looked at all the Joplin baseballs in the team store and none have logos.

jscott0688
01-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Today I had my two Shelby Miller spring training jerseys and his Futures Game cap signed, but I didn't see a reason to stay for anything else. I am really hoping to get a Joplin jersey, but the Oquendo went for $400 yesterday the Garcia was up to $375 the last I saw, and I really didn't feel like sticking around for the Westbrook which didn't end until 3. It seems like Monday is usually the day to get good deals on the silent auctions so I'm hoping for some luck tomorrow with either the Tyler Greene or Ryan Franklin jerseys tomorrow.

frikativ54
01-15-2012, 03:44 PM
If anybody wants to check into Rally Squirrel stuff for me, please use the email in my signature. I would take a stuffed animal and a t-shirt (size XL). Or anything else oddball or unique having anything to do with the Rally Squirrel. You can send camera phone pics to my email. I would be most grateful to anyone who is willing to spend an extra few moments looking for me. :D

rays54
01-15-2012, 05:57 PM
looking for a civil rights game hat or stars and stripes hat (Cardinals).

randyjbeck
01-15-2012, 06:30 PM

They were all gone when I looked today

hdavid_27
01-15-2012, 06:34 PM
I got the Brad Penny Stars and Stripes hat. I had a friend grab the hat marked 33 thinking it would be Descalso without actually seeing it, when I got it I realized it was 2010. email me at hdavid_27@yahoo.com if interested!!

flota89
01-15-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm curious to know who got what bats. I picked up 2011 Furcal and Theriot bats. Someone early got the Freese and Craig bats the authentics store had. A Molina and a few Berkman bats also sold.

cards82
01-16-2012, 01:52 PM
I picked up a Jay bat and fairly nice Berkman bat Sat also purchased jersey with WS patch and got the Schumaker name plate I was looking for. I have to give thumbs up to Jon Jay yesterday during the signing. He is such a cool guy and very nice. I had him sign a game used jersey yesterday. He got a big smile and asked me all about the jersey and then showed him his rawlings fielding glove from Quad Cities and he became very excited to see that and also asked several questions. I have never met a player that reacted to signing items!

hdavid_27
01-16-2012, 02:16 PM
I had a great time this year! I like the way they are doing the autograph tickets this year, punching a hole in them as opposed to them keeping the ticket.

All players who I had tickets for spoke to me and my son, which was a very nice change (Albert Pujols).

Other than long lines which are to be expected and being a bit unorganized at the autograph stations I have no complaints.

I think the venue is too small for the amount of people who attend and that for the most part explains all of the problems.

onlyalbert
01-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Has anyone attempted to photomatch the jerseys? I know it's
tough. It seems like a gamble. I have one past ws gamer
I was able to photomatch.

Any ws jerseys at wwu? I might be interested in getting one
mmikemag@aol.com

I can say the Berkman in the auction was not game used. I checked all of the Getty images looking for the pine tar stain above the N on the back and found none. There were plenty of shots of this area to look at. I have a feeling all of the "gamers" were kept by the players.....wouldn't you keep yours....and these were just extras from the season that the team added patches to. Further evidence might be the "team issued Carpenter jersey with patches" that they had had in the silent auction....it had a 09 All Star game patch on it. Not sure what it sold for but was at $300 at the half way point.

jscott0688
01-16-2012, 10:38 PM
I can say the Berkman in the auction was not game used. I checked all of the Getty images looking for the pine tar stain above the N on the back and found none. There were plenty of shots of this area to look at. I have a feeling all of the "gamers" were kept by the players.....wouldn't you keep yours....and these were just extras from the season that the team added patches to. Further evidence might be the "team issued Carpenter jersey with patches" that they had had in the silent auction....it had a 09 All Star game patch on it. Not sure what it sold for but was at $300 at the half way point.

I think you might be right. I am pretty sure that Lynn wore a different jersey than the one I bought for all three home games that he pitched in. I'm still happy with it and love the inscription, but I have a feeling that some people are going to be overpaying for "team issued" gamers that were not actually used. I really wish I would have had the opportunity to ask Lynn if he got to keep the jersey that he did wear.

What are you referring to with the Carpenter jersey? I didn't get a close look at that particular jersey, but I bought a Mitchell Boggs road jersey with the 09 All-Star patch at one of the silent auctions last year and photo-matched it to almost every photo I could find of him pitching on the road that season.

My opinion is that the patches were applied to more than one jersey for each player. Obviously this was necessary after Freese's encounter with the shredder in Game 6.

jscott0688
01-16-2012, 11:00 PM
I should clarify that my Lynn jersey has clearly been used, just apparently not in the World Series.

onlyalbert
01-16-2012, 11:05 PM
I think you might be right. I am pretty sure that Lynn wore a different jersey than the one I bought for all three home games that he pitched in. I'm still happy with it and love the inscription, but I have a feeling that some people are going to be overpaying for "team issued" gamers that were not actually used. I really wish I would have had the opportunity to ask Lynn if he got to keep the jersey that he did wear.

What are you referring to with the Carpenter jersey? I didn't get a close look at that particular jersey, but I bought a Mitchell Boggs road jersey with the 09 All-Star patch at one of the silent auctions last year and photo-matched it to almost every photo I could find of him pitching on the road that season.

My opinion is that the patches were applied to more than one jersey for each player. Obviously this was necessary after Freese's encounter with the shredder in Game 6.

I know this is a big event and they scramble for items from the season. The thought that they would have a Carp jersey laying around from 09....and not have sold it at a live auction in the 2010 or 11 WWU where it would've commanded 4 figures seems odd to me. The Waino bat was nice and it was from 2010 as I checked the date on it. It was at $300 when I walked away from it.

I have seen other posts on here where teams have stated that they added the patches to all of the leftover jerseys at the end of the season. So it makes sense. I checked the hologram number on one of the WS jerseys at the Authentics store and no info came up. That tells me it was done very recently. It was FJ816018 which is a Tony Cruz home jersey. So they should all be in that number range once they are entered. I am still puzzeled by the jerseys in the auction being Set 1 though. Unless the team just holds on to lots of jerseys.

cards82
01-16-2012, 11:37 PM
When I presented my Jay jersey to Jon to be signed he asked me if it was from the World Series. My jersey was from a auction earlier this year but had a good amount of dirt on it. I told Jon that I only wished it was from the series. I then said I hope you have yours at home. He said he did and it was framed already. I did not ask from which game. I would bet it was the one worn during game seven. Now I am a person who sometimes over thinks! By asking the question about the jersey does he know that he wore more than one home jersey during the series?

stlbats
01-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Its not really odd for the Cardinals to come up with stuff thats 2 or 3 years old. Sometimes I think it just sits around Cardinals Care until they get around to getting it signed by the player.

A good example is the Matt Holliday 2009 bat they auctioned off Sunday. It was a very nice gamer from '09 but the hologram showed it being signed just this past June or July.

Looks like they added WS patches to all the remaining 2011 shirts they had, so the ones on auction are a toss up at best. Without a photo match, I wouldnt pay a premium over a regular gamer.

Will post my weekend pickups tomorrow hopefully.

Jason
stlbats@bellsouth.net

jscott0688
01-17-2012, 12:49 AM
I know this is a big event and they scramble for items from the season. The thought that they would have a Carp jersey laying around from 09....and not have sold it at a live auction in the 2010 or 11 WWU where it would've commanded 4 figures seems odd to me. The Waino bat was nice and it was from 2010 as I checked the date on it. It was at $300 when I walked away from it.

That's just the nature of Cardinals Care. I have absolutely no idea why they do anything that they do. Why are they selling Civil Rights and Stars and Stripes hats in the team store while they are trying to sell autographed postcards in the silent auctions? Why are they selling a game used Molina cap in the live auction while leaving his jersey for the silent auction? They are clueless.

I have seen other posts on here where teams have stated that they added the patches to all of the leftover jerseys at the end of the season. So it makes sense. I checked the hologram number on one of the WS jerseys at the Authentics store and no info came up. That tells me it was done very recently. It was FJ816018 which is a Tony Cruz home jersey. So they should all be in that number range once they are entered. I am still puzzeled by the jerseys in the auction being Set 1 though. Unless the team just holds on to lots of jerseys.

This discussion inspired me to go through all the photos of Lynn pitching at Busch Stadium during the 2011 season and postseason. It appears that Lance alternated between two home jerseys in 2011. I photomatched my jersey to every regular season home appearance for which Getty has photos, including his major league debut on June 2 (five total). That leaves only July 9 unaccounted for. I also photo-matched my jersey to Game 5 of the NLCS. However, Lance is clearly wearing the other jersey in all three home World Series appearances and his other NLCS appearance.

Interestingly, my jersey doesn't have a set tag.

Birdbats
01-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Looks like they added WS patches to all the remaining 2011 shirts they had, so the ones on auction are a toss up at best.

I sat in a presentation about the 2011 items collected by the team for its HOF/museum and the speaker was lamenting how few WS patches were provided to the team by MLB prior to the series. Apparently, there were barely enough to patch up the jerseys needed for every coach and player. So, I don't get the impression that they put patches on every jersey they had... nor do I believe patches were added to jerseys after the season. Those jerseys were patched before Authentics acquired them from the clubhouse.

Think of it this way. When a player shows up for a game, there probably are two patched, clean jerseys in his locker. He chooses and wears one. The next night, same thing. He could grab the previously unworn jersey, or the one he already wore, which was cleaned. Over the course of 3-4 games, he might wear both shirts or just the same one (they often have favorites). Then, let's say they get to keep one when they clean out their lockers a day or two later. They could take either jersey.

Bottom line: I don't think Authentics or Cardinals Care is trying to fool anyone. They're selling the shirts provided to them. Some probably were worn during the WS, some probably weren't. Only thing we know for sure is that the shirts for the WS weren't a new set. And if the jersey being offered is a set 1, that just means it probably was "in the rotation" all season.