PDA

View Full Version : Manny Happy Returns!

EurekaDave
12-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Couldn't believe it! A Manny Ramirez Dodger jersey on eBay via BallParkHeroes. I bought it "now."

Now, a knowledgable Dodger collector has raised questions about the font of the 2008 jersey. Hence, the conflict of in whom to believe. I will tell you how it has been resolved.

My collector friend says it is worth further investigation. Probably true. And with anyone else but BPH, I would hold off. But that Kim Stigall of BPH is a stand-up guy and says that if EVER he has reason to believe that the jersey is fake, he will take it back. Lifetime guarentee. I'll hang on to it. So I am stating the obvious when I say:

1. Buy from people you trust
2. Trust the people who would take their own valuable time to help you (like the Dodger collector)
3. Do your own research
4. Do what makes you happy. In the end, that's all that counts. Finally, spouses have a way of putting things in perspective. When I told my wife there would be a big estate fight over my baseball stuff when I'm gone, she said, "I wouldn't worry about it."

Happy Holidays All
Dave Silverbrand

flaco1801
12-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Dave was it washed or does it have a manny odor? and does anyone know what manny smells like... the odor could be from a relative?

EurekaDave
12-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Got my Manny Ramirez Dodgers '08 game used jersey today from BPH. Thanks, Kim and BallParkHeroes! I'm keeping it, even though his game-used stuff always raises question. I got the following tip on this forum:

does it have a manny odor?

Anybody know anything about smell-matching jerseys?

Dave Silverbrand

PS: Next, we'll want game-used jerseys that are olfactory- sealed.