PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Big Red Machine oil paintings!

Jeffredsfan
12-24-2011, 12:43 PM
A few months ago, a young artist by the name of Absolon Moreau posted a few of his sports related paintings. Soon after his posting, I contacted him to see if he could create some paintings for me. I chose to have him paint the 1976 Topps cards (my favorite Topps set) of the starting 8 players from the 1976 Cincinnati Reds team. After I placed my order, Absolon had some health issues to deal with and couldn't get all 8 paintings done in the time frame in which he set. He then offered to paint another portrait for me for free - due to the delay with the original order. I chose the Don Gullett card.

Absolon emailed some pictures of the paintings as he progressed - and i was floored. The email photos looked fantastic and I couldn't wait to have the real paintings. In the meantime, I showed my wife the email that contained the pictures of the paintings. She was more than impressed! (Yes, I have a beautiful, wonderful wife that encourages my participation in this great hobby!) She then asked me to contact Absolon to see if he could create a painting of my parent's wedding photo because she wanted to give my Mom something special for Christmas. Long story short, Absolon created a painting that actually brought tears to our eyes.

Please check out the photos I've attached. Note that any glare you see on the pictures is the result of my poor picture taking abilities.

Absolon Moreau is a major talent and I highly recommend his services. More importanly, above all his talent, he's a fantastic young man.

Here is a link to his website. Check it out.

info@moreauart.com (http://us.mc1621.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=info@moreauart.com)

Jeffredsfan
12-24-2011, 12:47 PM
One more thing - the paintings still have the shrink wrap on and it gives the paintings a washed out look. My pictures don't do justice to the artist's talent.

AbsolonMoreau
12-24-2011, 01:07 PM
Thank you very much for posting this and sharing your experience with me! It was a pleasure to do work with someone as professional as you were! It was truly amazing to do these paintings as well as the one with your parents! I cannot stress how professional Jeff is to work with!

rdeversole
12-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks for sharing Jeff - great paintings! I have a few cards I'd like to have done like this myself.

AbsolonMoreau
12-25-2011, 02:14 PM
Thanks for sharing Jeff - great paintings! I have a few cards I'd like to have done like this myself.
Thanks a lot! I sent you an email the other day. Hope everyone is having a great Christmas!

tspane2k
12-26-2011, 11:15 PM
WOW! Those are fantastic. I just asked Absolon to do a Steven Jackson painting for me. So excited.
Tyge

tspane2k@yahoo.com

Jeffredsfan
12-27-2011, 04:09 AM
WOW! Those are fantastic. I just asked Absolon to do a Steven Jackson painting for me. So excited.
Tyge

tspane2k@yahoo.com

I'm sure you'll love it. Do you plan to try to get it signed? Jeff