PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Presents

maverick14
12-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Just curious if anyone got any good Christmas presents that were collecting related? As many have said before, some girlfriends/wives/family/etc. don't like our collecting whereas others don't mind so much. Looking to see if anyone actually gets what they really want for Christmas.

As for me I don't ever get anything hobby related for presents, guess nobody understands what I really want :( LOL.

yankees506
12-27-2011, 06:52 PM
well i actually purchased a robinson cano 2010 ssk a few days before xmas as a gift to myself. I was actually gifted an alfonso soriano gu bat and a 2010 nick swisher. Really shocked that the women in my life took the time, though i do think some snooping must have happened to get them on the right track! :D

CPuente57
12-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Got a LaMarcus Aldridge 08-09 Meigray Certified home jersey with the Kevin Duckworth Memorial Patch for Christmas. Pics of that are on the december pickups page

frikativ54
12-27-2011, 10:01 PM
well i actually purchased a robinson cano 2010 ssk a few days before xmas as a gift to myself. I was actually gifted an alfonso soriano gu bat and a 2010 nick swisher. Really shocked that the women in my life took the time, though i do think some snooping must have happened to get them on the right track! :D

Glad the women in your life came through for you with great Christmas gifts. :)

It's always cool when family takes the initiative to buy cool game-used presents.

sox83cubs84
12-27-2011, 11:09 PM
As for me I don't ever get anything hobby related for presents, guess nobody understands what I really want :( LOL.

You and me BOTH, my friend!

Dave Miedema

maverick14
12-27-2011, 11:56 PM

Lucky you!! I wish my family would would snoop so I could take in a haul like that.

godwulf
12-28-2011, 12:05 AM
My dear sister gave me a 2009 Mel Stottlemyre, Jr. 'Los DBacks' Diamondbacks black alternate jersey.

http://worthopedia.s3.amazonaws.com/images/thumbnails2/1/0411/09/1_444063b8b38ba8d3ae67d8928def1c1b.jpg

coxfan
12-28-2011, 07:35 AM
My Texas daughter and son-in-law bought me a 2011 ALCS Game 1 g-u ball from the Rangers' Stadium store. They also got me a Ron Washington t-shirt. Since Washington (who's depicted in the "Moneyball" movie) started his minor-league managing career within walking distance of my home, I've several reasons for being a fan of his.

brewcrew
12-28-2011, 10:09 AM
Nothing game used, but the hubby did get us a family present - a San Antonio Missions voucher package for ten games, plus Texas League champions t-shirt!

He gives me enough good natured ribbing to know that he understands why I collect, but he still thinks it's a little off, LOL! :p

hawkeyetennis
12-28-2011, 11:30 AM
I got coal! My wife would not even consider encouraging my collection.

gadsden86
12-28-2011, 11:51 AM
I hardly ever get anything hobby related for xmas. I did make a purchase that i had been wanting for some time as a gift to myself will post pics later.

xpress34
12-28-2011, 01:18 PM
From Myself to Me:

1955 Dodgers M&N - Duke Snider AU Jsy
H&B C117L - Duke Snider AU Bat

1966 Dodgers M&N - Sandy Koufax AU Jsy (8D Auctions)
Pablo Sandoval GU AU Batting Gloves (8D Auctions)
Dennis Quaid 'The Rookie' AU OMLB (8D Auctions)

From Friends and Family:

2011 Josh Hamilton ASG BP Jsy
Rockies Robe
Phitin Titanium Rockies Necklace and Bracelet

For my B-Day (12/27) from Friends and Family:

Phitin Titanium Rangers Necklace and Bracelet
Covering Home AU by both Ruth and Nolan Ryan from the Ryan Foundation.

Not a bad couple of days... thank god my wife and friends get it!!!

russyurk
12-28-2011, 03:34 PM
My mother-in-law gave me $200 worth of eBay gift cards. Those will come in handy down the road and beats the blue sweater I use to get every year!

LastingsMilledge85
12-28-2011, 03:51 PM
I picked this dirty jersey up from a forum member, easy photomatch...

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/Milledge85/DSC_0223.jpg

12-28-2011, 08:48 PM
My good friend and fellow collector Rob gave me a 2011 Angels 50th Anniversary logo MLB authenticated base hit baseball that was a single off C.J. Wilson by Mark Trumbo, and Rob then had Trumbo autograph the ball later in the season. Super cool for my Angels collection! Thanks again Rob!!!:D

Preston
12-28-2011, 11:48 PM
Not game used, but I've gotten to know Tommie Campbell over this season and he gave me an authentic jersey of his after the last home game...I gave him a photo album of photos I did and enhanced and edited him for Christmas (my wife will want credit for it too so I'll go ahead and say she did do the cover). I am getting a gamer from him after the season as they can't buy them from the team until then. He's quickly become my favorite Titan along with Kenny Britt.

jscott0688
12-28-2011, 11:57 PM
My girlfriend bought me Shelby Miller's game worn cap from the 2011 All Star Futures Game. It will go nicely alongside my Carlos Martinez game worn cap from the same game. Not really sure how she was able to sneak that one by me and then keep it hidden from me for that long.

godwulf
12-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Not GU, but definitely Baseball-related: my daughter gave me a big, framed U.S. map with pins and logos showing the locations of the Diamondbacks' minor league affiliates, with a message to the effect that I have to go on that road trip I've been talking about for a couple of years.

Afraid South Bend and Mobile are out of range - I've seen both those teams play, anyway - but Reno, Visalia, Yakima and Missoula are all within a couple of days of driving. This is definitely something I do need to do one of these summers, before I assume room temperature.