PDA

View Full Version : What are these worth?

sarahsdad
01-02-2012, 01:38 PM
I have a few items in my collection that a fellow collector is interested in but I cannot give him a price because I do not know what they are worth and the offer he is making seems to be low. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can help me? ere is what I have:
Chicago Cubs coaches helmet, mint condition signed by every player who has had their number retired by the Cubs (Santo, Banks Williams, Maddux, Sandberg and Jenkins) I also have a mint official ball with the same signatures

Carl Yastrezmeski game used home Red Sox jersey from his final season of 1983. Made by Wilson, size 46. I had the opportunity many years ago ti meet him and he not only autographed the jersey but added "Gamer" to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sarahsdad
wavelandandaddison@hotmail.com

ironmanfan
01-02-2012, 01:45 PM
A picture of both items would be helpful (particularly the tagging on the '83 Yaz jersey, because there a lot of imitations in the hobby from that era of Red Sox tops).....I can assure you that Yaz wouldn't have known the difference.....

legaleagle92481
01-02-2012, 02:05 PM
I have a few items in my collection that a fellow collector is interested in but I cannot give him a price because I do not know what they are worth and the offer he is making seems to be low. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can help me? ere is what I have:
Chicago Cubs coaches helmet, mint condition signed by every player who has had their number retired by the Cubs (Santo, Banks Williams, Maddux, Sandberg and Jenkins) I also have a mint official ball with the same signatures

Carl Yastrezmeski game used home Red Sox jersey from his final season of 1983. Made by Wilson, size 46. I had the opportunity many years ago ti meet him and he not only autographed the jersey but added "Gamer" to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sarahsdad
wavelandandaddison@hotmail.com

Is the helmet game used or store bought? The baseball if in mint condition between $150 and $200. The signatures are common and though Santo is deceased one only needs a single signed Santo ball to start such a baseball. The helmet if not game used between $250 and $300 for the same reason. The jersey if truly game used is much more valuable you could get north of five grand. Something like that I would consign to Grey Flannel or MEARS to authenticate, appraise and auction to get the highest price.

sarahsdad
01-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Very valuable information. Thank you very much. I do not have the capability to post a picture at this time as we are moving and most of our stuff is in boxes. Thanks again for the info.