PDA

View Full Version : Reporting Someone To Ebay

Eric
09-27-2006, 09:18 AM
I don't think we have ever had this as a thread, but it's an important one.

How do you go about reporting someone to ebay?

What are your experiences doing so?

What's the most effective way to do it?

Please share.
Eric

worldchamps
09-27-2006, 05:00 PM
I have recently had a bad stretch of items being "sold" on ebay. I am batting just under .500 (which would put me in the Hall of Fame)

What upsets me is if I give these non-buyers a negative mark, then they will give me one. Are we in grade school???? Yes!!!

So it hurts me in the long run.

I have not reported to ebay, not sure how that works.....let me know if you all have suggestions on what to do, or if you just need to voice your opinion.

I have learned that you can block bidders from bidding on your items, so at least I can prevent the same person from housing me twice.

Bill

allstarsplus
09-27-2006, 05:14 PM
On the seller side when a Bidder doesn't pay, you can fill out a non-paying bidder form--but you are right about retribution in the form of harrassment or worse---negative feedback.

We went to more extreme measures as we recently blocked all bidders that don't have PayPal and we blocked all bidders with a Negative rating. You can go into Seller Preferences to change what type of bidders can bid.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/myebay/myebay-preferences.html#seller

It gets real old removing bids and adding people to your blocked bidder list.

You can also go into Security Center for other violations:

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/index.html

I still think that eBay is a great resource and the extra hassles is a by-product of how screwed up some people in this society are.

trsent
09-27-2006, 05:18 PM
I have a blocked bidder list of hundreds of users from years of buying and selling on eBay. Sometimes I get bored and remove names of those who have had their account suspended for over a year.

I believe Eric's question is how does eBay react when someone wants to notify in the event that there is an issue with an item that is not what it is advertised or fraud.

I have issues with the current eBay system to notify them. You have to go through quite a few pages in the Trust and Safety section, then often they ask for an item number in question, but they do not have anywhere you can notify them details of the issues.

In the old days I could email eBay directly with concerns such as these, and they would respond. The old safeharbor@ebay.com email address now directs you with an automated reply directing you to the Trust and Safety section.

Does anyone else know how to contact them when issues arise such as the Joe DiMaggio cap that was incorrectly advertised and the seller does not wish to work with a customer who bought an item that was improperly advertised? I know PayPal has a system, but what does eBay do to justify fair trade?

zonker
09-27-2006, 07:14 PM
they do nothing they don't care if the seller's item description is wrong they care more about you proving the sellers information is wrong! and that's not fair trade ! as for the ebay (shame hall of fame) im currently batting a cool .750 so i know i'm a shoe-in let me know when the induction ceremonies come around wouldn't want to miss that!! lol=lol=lol!!! zonker

cohibasmoker
09-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Eric, I saw your thread. In all of the experiences that I have had with eBay, I've found that eBay will basically do nothing. If it is a serious issue, go to your local Police Department. Law-enforcement has a special number where they can call eBay and actually talk to someone at eBay.

You do us all a terrific service by running the forum and hopefully it will work out for you.

Jim Papaycik

TNTtoys
09-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Guys,

Have a backbone please. The only way ebay works well as a community is thorugh its feedbcak system. If you dont use the feedback system as intended, every bad seller will appear perfect. Your negative feedbacks serve as warnings to future bidders to beware.
The trap many of us get into is the "I don't want to leave a negative because I fear that I may get one in return."
Ebay has specific rules and guidelines about feedback, and they have feedback abuse policies. They have many different rules regarding unjust feedback and when one of these rules is broken and brought to their attention, they will remove it upon request.
I have 100% positive feedback, and I am not afraid to leave a negative when someone does me wrong (mind you this is rare). I have gotten a negative or two in my time, and I had them removed.

Nick

bigtime59
09-27-2006, 10:53 PM
eBay's absurd feedback rules have made me laugh for years.
Do multiple transactions with a buyer or seller? You get one point. Get hosed by some wanker who doesn't pay, leave a negative...and risk getting one of your own. Minus one point. I belive the possibility of negative feedback has made many of us wimps who won't leave a (deserved) negative for fear of retribution.
Well, let me say this: you burn me, I'll leave your a** a negative in a heartbeat...and I don't care if you leave me one or not. That's what feedback followup is for!

intheminors
09-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I used to get caught up in the "keeping my feedback perfect" thing. But, to be honest, if someone truly hoses me, I wait until the opportunity to post feedback is about to expire (which I believe is 90 days) and then leave negative feedback.

Kyle
www.intheminors.com (http://www.intheminors.com)

allstarsplus
09-28-2006, 11:21 AM
That is an interesting idea about waiting the 90 days to Post feedback so you don't get the retaliatory negative.

I have found 99% of the time that it is the bidders with less than +5 feedback that are the troublemakers. They have nothing to lose really then they come back under a different name and do it again.

eBay will allow you to exclude bidders with a negative rating but not a 0,1,2 etc. rating from bidding. I sent that in as a suggestion to eBay.