X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wsohlcano
    • Sep 2011

The most "odd" or unusual game used item you have in your collection

Guy's

Wondering what the most unusual game used items you have in your collection.

Post pics please

Ours is a game used wrist guard worn by Brett Gardner during the 2010 season.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone has.
  • godwulf
    • Aug 2007

Re: The most "odd" or unusual game used item you have in your collection

I don't think I have any photos handy of my Kelly Stinnett game-used shower wrap...but here are some of Matt Williams' golf bags.

Jeff
    godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• legaleagle92481
      Banned
      • Oct 2009

I am boring I just have jerseys.

Comment

• wsohlcano
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
        I am boring I just have jerseys.

Comon Legaleagle, one of those jersey's has to be unique or different......

Jump In...

Love the Golf bags....

Comment

• legaleagle92481
          Banned
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by wsohlcano
          Comon Legaleagle, one of those jersey's has to be unique or different......

Jump In...

Love the Golf bags....
          Hmm. Well here are two. My Jared Allen is the only Allen worn during a home game by him in Detroit. It was worn in the game vs. the Giants last year they was moved to Detroit because of snow. My Von Miller jersey is the first NFL jersey he ever wore and it is Orange rather than the usual Broncos colors.

Comment

• amgmap
            • Apr 2006

The oddest item that I have in my collection is a hockey jersey that was cut off a player due to an on ice injury. The jersey is a Toronto Mapleleafs and the player is Kris Newbury. I will see if I can find some pictures. You can find a video of the fight on youtube.
            Washington Nationals, Ryan Zimmerman, Bryce Harper
            http://s927.photobucket.com/user/amgmap/library/
            amgmap@gmail.com

Comment

• zegret
              • Nov 2009

My most unusual items are from the same player. I have Wes Welker's wrist bands from the 2002 Tangerine Bowl. The next year I got a tortilla autographed by him. (a photographer wanted a photo of him signing it, so he handed it to me for him to sign.)

Comment

• frikativ54
                • Dec 2007

I know I've showed this in a team thread before, but it remains the most unique game used item in my collection:

Jeff Bagwell 1991 Pittsburgh Three Rivers Stadium Home Run Marker.

In Three Rivers Stadium, the Pirates put markers up for the home runs that reached the upper deck; Bagwell accomplished the feat twice. This is his 1991 homer marker, which is special to me, because the monstrous shot was described on the back of the first Bagwell card I ever owned.

Here is a screen shot of the marker from the 1994 All-Star Game HR Derby:

Glenallen Hill hit the sign on the fly in 1994. A dent and tape residue over the Bagwell sign attests to the fact that Hill's marker, #11, was placed over that of Jeff later in the season:

After Three Rivers Stadium was imploded, there was an auction where all the assets were sold. The HR marker was in the possession of a memorabilia shop in Pittsburgh, which put it on eBay last year. I was the only buyer who showed interest, and after a couple of months, we were able to agree on a price. In retrospect, I'm so happy I pulled the trigger.
                Les Zukor
                bagwellgameused@gmail.com
                Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
                (617) 682-0408

Comment

• GameWornJCollector
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2008

two damon 'mighty mouse' Stoudamire game issued jerseys which normaly would't be existing... (houston rockets)

Comment

• godwulf
                    • Aug 2007

How could I forget about Phineas? Phineas is the old Phoenix Firebirds mascot, retired in 1997, when the Diamondbacks came to town and the Giants' Triple-A franchise moved to Fresno. (Boy, I wish that corner of the room still looked that good; stuff has kind of piled up in the last few years.)

Jeff
                    godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• withay
                      • Nov 2006

Okay, so not game used, but a fav of mine.

A "Name The Team" contest display (with ballots) from 1976 after Toronto won an expansion American League team. Probably one of the "first" Blue Jays souvenirs!

Comment

• jbsportstuff
                        • Mar 2009

No game used, but I have a Johnny Bench signed Feeney ball to Redd Fox. He signed it, "To Redd Fox with Great Respect....Johnny Bench"

It's quite a conversation piece.

Comment

• wsohlcano
                          • Sep 2011

Guy's

These are great.

Keep em coming.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by jbsportstuff
                            No game used, but I have a Johnny Bench signed Feeney ball to Redd Fox. He signed it, "To Redd Fox with Great Respect....Johnny Bench"

It's quite a conversation piece.
                            I'd like to see photos, I am the world's biggest Redd Foxx fan. A signed ball by Foxx personalized to Bench is worth much, much more. If one exists.
                            FWIW, Redd was in attendance at Hank Aaron's 715th homer.

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
                              • Nov 2005

Almost forgot...Redd's stage surname was taken from Jimmie.

Comment

Working...