PDA

View Full Version : Masauction

hblakewolf
09-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Eric-
Per your previous post, a new thread has been started about MASAUCTION.

A previous thread discussed game issued/team issued jerseys, and MASAUCTION A.K.A. Mitch Schumaker's name was included.

I find your statement in a previous post quite interesting, "I can tell you that Mr Schumaker has always been a helpful resource for me and has helped me work towards improving the hobby."

Can you please explain exactly what type of help Mitch has provided to you to improve the hobby?

We should no doubt give credit where credit is due.

Thanks.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Eric
09-27-2006, 01:14 PM
Howard-

I know you're trying to draw me out and look for trouble.

I can tell you that there is a lot that goes on off the forum as far a corroborating the content that is posted here. Mitch is always good about answering questions that I send to him, I have to say I respect him for that. From behind the scenes he has done a lot to help the hobby since we've been around. That's all I'd like to say about the subject.

I only know the current Mitch Schumaker and I can tell you he's been valuable for the hobby.
Eric

sammy
09-27-2006, 01:15 PM
I guess Mitch Schumaker is still making amends for selling a lot of non game used jerseys as game used with "Official Authenticators of the ..... Hall of Fame letters.

Being busted by the FBI sure puts a sense of righteous in a person. Just ask Shelly Jaffe.

trsent
09-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Howard, I just bought a large vintage paper money deal from Mitch last week. I was in Milwaukee watching them put his mother in the ground last week and I sat Shiva with his family and friends last week.

Mitch had an issue years ago that he settled with the government over. If he did anything wrong, he was punished for his wrongdoings and like Dave Medima, he appears to have returned to a legitimate business practice. Did you have a problem with his current business dealings that you bring his name up because of a company that we are questioning these days over possible unethical business practices?

Eric
09-27-2006, 01:28 PM
I guess Mitch Schumaker is still making amends for selling a lot of non game used jerseys as game used with "Official Authenticators of the ..... Hall of Fame letters.

Being busted by the FBI sure puts a sense of righteous in a person. Just ask Shelly Jaffe.

I'm confused Sammy, are you saying he sold for grey flannel. Can you please show us the supporting information for that statement? Otherwise I'm taking it down
Eric

sammy
09-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Eric,

His non game used jerseys were authenticated by GF. He did not sell for GF and I never stated that.

As you stated: "Mitch is always good about answering questions that I send to him."

Perhaps he will verify that for you. If not, I'll look through the achieves.

Eric
09-27-2006, 01:38 PM
sammy

it is YOUR responsibility to back up YOUR statements. Not me having to chase down facts after you post things.

You need to provide the proof, not me
Eric

hblakewolf
09-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Eric-
What an odd statement to make, "I know you're trying to draw me out and look for trouble". Draw you out? Trouble? HARDLY! Per your previous post, you specifically said to start a new thread if Forum members desired to discuss Masauction-exactly what I did. Nothing more, nothing less. No harm, no foul.

A fellow Forum reader then chimes in about Mitch's mother passing, and sitting Shiva? I believe you specifically noted that we should keep to just the facts, correct? Although I'm sorry to hear this, how does this have any bearing on this post?

As such, please elaborate on your earlier and current statements about Mitch's help in the hobby. I'm not aware of his recent contributions and it appears you have first hand knowledge of this.

Thanks.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard-

I know you're trying to draw me out and look for trouble.

I can tell you that there is a lot that goes on off the forum as far a corroborating the content that is posted here. Mitch is always good about answering questions that I send to him, I have to say I respect him for that. From behind the scenes he has done a lot to help the hobby since we've been around. That's all I'd like to say about the subject.

I only know the current Mitch Schumaker and I can tell you he's been valuable for the hobby.
Eric

sammy
09-27-2006, 01:43 PM
This is from the old site. Check the May 11, 2001 issue of SCD.

Re: MASAUCTION - Mitchell Schumaker

May 11 2005 at 2:05 PM

Response to MASAUCTION - Mitchell Schumaker (http://www.network54.com/Forum/379976/message/1115833189/MASAUCTION+-+Mitchell+Schumaker)You are correct in your assumption regarding Mitch Schumacher of MS Auctions. There was an article in the May 11, 2001, issue of SCD regarding Mitch.

In that article, it states he was arrested in the FBI's Operation Foul Ball. He admitted using an east coast authenticating firm to authenticate his game-model jerseys as game used. The east coast firm was Grey Flannel.

Most of the "game used" items he sold on ebay before being arrested by the FBI, had Grey Flannel letters. He plead guilty.

kingjammy24
09-27-2006, 01:45 PM
to be fair to everyone, i believe this thread legitimately arose because steve genuinely wanted to know if mitchell schumaker was "masauction" on ebay and whether this individual was the same one he had vaguely heard about being involved in some unsavory activities. eric suggested a new thread be started so as to not muddle the asi/historic thread.

joel, i believe mitch's name legitimately arose in the asi/historic thread simply because he sold turtlegrrl18 numerous game-issued jerseys.

from the old forum:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: MASAUCTION - Mitchell Schumaker seriouslyfolks (Login seriouslyfolks (http://www.network54.com/Profile/seriouslyfolks))

May 11 2005 at 2:05 PM

Response to MASAUCTION Mitchell Schumaker (http://www.network54.com/Forum/379976/message/1115833189/MASAUCTION+-+Mitchell+Schumaker)
You are correct in your assumption regarding Mitch Schumacher of MS Auctions. There was an article in the May 11, 2001, issue of SCD regarding Mitch.

In that article, it states he was arrested in the FBI's Operation Foul Ball. He admitted using an east coast authenticating firm to authenticate his game-model jerseys as game used. The east coast firm was Grey Flannel.

Most of the "game used" items he sold on ebay before being arrested by the FBI, had Grey Flannel letters. He plead guilty.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
to the best of my knowledge, mitchell is on ebay as "masauction". steve, i think your questions have been answered? mitchell's also on this forum but i've yet to see him post. perhaps he has some insight into turtlegrrl18/asi/historic?

rudy.

Eric
09-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Howard-

Please re-read my post carefully.

First- you know what you're trying to do. You are looking for trouble.

Second- please re-read my original post, I think it's pretty clear.

When people post things here, I very often have to dig around to corroborate information to make sure that the information is accurate. Mitch has answered every question I asked him. I won't share what those questions were, but you should know that he has helped with many topics ever since we got started on the old forum.

Eric

hblakewolf
09-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Eric-
I resent the fact that you state I'm "looking for trouble". This is an unfounded and completely ridiculous statement on your part. I have read, re-read and re-re read your initial post.

What's now clear to me is that you are allowing your own personal bias/relationship with Mitch to cloud your ability to handle this subject in an unbiased manner.

Personally, I've purchased a few shirts from Mitch and communicated with him via Ebay. All of my shirts were top notch and he seems to have a good knowledge of equipment. I never questioned this or brought it up, as you said to keep to the facts.

Regardless, you instructed a fellow reader to start a thread and I took the initiative to do so. There was no hidden meaning or other motive to my post. Should you continue to feel that my posts and threads here are made to simply "look for trouble", by all means let me know and I'll certainly curtail my contributions on your site.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard-

Please re-read my post carefully.

First- you know what you're trying to do. You are looking for trouble.

Second- please re-read my original post, I think it's pretty clear.

When people post things here, I very often have to dig around to corroborate information to make sure that the information is accurate. Mitch has answered every question I asked him. I won't share what those questions were, but you should know that he has helped with many topics ever since we got started on the old forum.

Eric

trsent
09-27-2006, 02:25 PM
joel, i believe mitch's name legitimately arose in the asi/historic thread simply because he sold turtlegrrl18 numerous game-issued jerseys.

Rudy, that is fine. So now his name once again has to be dragged through the mud because he sold legitimate merchandise? He paid his debt to society, and Howard now has a problem that I bring up that I did business with him last week (as I have also bought quite a few of his Timberwolves collection on eBay in the last few months) and that I attended his mother's funeral last week?

I just thought this was poor timing, just as I watched Dave Medima have his name run through the mud in the past on this forum when he clearly has become an outstanding member of society after being punished for past errors. In both cases, we will never know the full story, but too many people assume.

trsent
09-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Should you continue to feel that my posts and threads here are made to simply "look for trouble", by all means let me know and I'll certainly curtail my contributions on your site.

Is that a promise?

stkmtimo
09-27-2006, 02:59 PM
I too have bought and sold to Mitch in the past. However, regardless of whether or not a person has "paid his debt to society", there will always be a stigma surrounding a person who has used shady and/or illegal business practices in the past. This is simply a fact and I personally would be very wary of someone who has done something like this in the past. I'm not saying any of Mitch's items are bogus (they clearly are not), however, we must scrutinize those who have been implicated in the past a lot more carefully.

Tim

trsent
09-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Tim, my point is Mitch is getting picked on because he legitimately sold to a seller on eBay in the past few months. My question is why now?

Let me see, in the past Tim, Howard, Joel (3rd person) and others on this forum have bought from MS Auctions. It appears we were all happy with our completed transactions. Why does his name once again get slung in the mud because he legitimately sold to an eBay seller?

Are you telling me that each and every time someone plea-bargains with the US Government we should remind the world about their issues until the day they die? I have friends who found they had to plea-bargain with the Federal Government in the Chicago Commodity Scandal years ago because their options were to defend and bankrupt themselves and their family or plea-bargain and still be able to have money to pay their bills. It was a no-choice for them in their situations, and they are still trading at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange today. Should other traders bring up this each time this person makes a trade on the floor?

Similar theories.

Eric
09-27-2006, 03:20 PM
What's now clear to me is that you are allowing your own personal bias/relationship with Mitch to cloud your ability to handle this subject in an unbiased manner.

Howard-

I simply wanted to offer information you didn't know about Mr Schumaker before you made conclusions based on the things you already did know about him.

I am sorry that you feel my judgment has been clouded.

I was just trying to show that everything isn't always how it appears.
Thanks
Eric

stkmtimo
09-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Tim, my point is Mitch is getting picked on because he legitimately sold to a seller on eBay in the past few months. My question is why now?

Let me see, in the past Tim, Howard, Joel (3rd person) and others on this forum have bought from MS Auctions. It appears we were all happy with our completed transactions. Why does his name once again get slung in the mud because he legitimately sold to an eBay seller?

Are you telling me that each and every time someone plea-bargains with the US Government we should remind the world about their issues until the day they die? I have friends who found they had to plea-bargain with the Federal Government in the Chicago Commodity Scandal years ago because their options were to defend and bankrupt themselves and their family or plea-bargain and still be able to have money to pay their bills. It was a no-choice for them in their situations, and they are still trading at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange today. Should other traders bring up this each time this person makes a trade on the floor?

Similar theories.

Joel, I understand your point. What I'm saying is that people will always be suspicious of people conneted to scandals or illegal activity, no matter how many times someone tells them they have reformed their ways. Your CME example is a good one. I am very closely connected to the financial markets and I had a friend two years ago get investigated by SEC (it was well publicized). As a result, while he didn't have to give up any type of NASD licensing he had at that point, other traders and fund managers were concerned about doing business with him because of his past legal troubles. Is this fair? I guess it's really up to others to decide and do whatever their gut tells them is right.

Tim

hblakewolf
09-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Eric-
What information have you provided about Mitch since my last post, or for that matter, since this thread started? Can you possibly take all of us under the tent and allow us to share in this amazing knowledge that Mitch has bestowed upon you, yet you find as confidential? (Out of curiosity, why do you refer to him as Mr. Schumaker and not Mitch? I thought he was your good buddy?)

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard-

I simply wanted to offer information you didn't know about Mr Schumaker before you made conclusions based on the things you already did know about him.

I am sorry that you feel my judgment has been clouded.

I was just trying to show that everything isn't always how it appears.
Thanks
Eric

flaco1801
09-27-2006, 04:14 PM
seems to me that a person that sells bogus memorabilia, that goes as far as offering a bogus LOA, is making a concerned effort to decieve. maybe if he didnt get caught, he might NOT have repented (only a thought). if all that were decieved by this character were made whole, and only then, i could MAYBE look the other way. probaby some are still holding bogus merchandise thinking they have something of value. lets not forget those that were decieved. thats my 2 cents Jeff

CollectGU
09-27-2006, 05:36 PM
Eric-
Can you possibly take all of us under the tent and allow us to share in this amazing knowledge that Mitch has bestowed upon you, yet you find as confidential?
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard,

You first - Please let us know what great and important knowledge you were going to impart to Skinner19 about Clemens jersey tagging that you had to do it via a private e-mail....why not enlighten all of us...
Dave

Eric
09-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Howard-

You just can't leave it alone, can you?
Let me try to explain it again. You know first hand that there is a lot that is discussed off the forum about content on the forum. You and I have had many of those conversations, and I will respect our right of privacy and not share the content of those conversations here.

Well guess what, Mitch (whom I have never met nor done business with) and I have discussed many hobby topics. At times, if I hear something or want to find independent confirmation about a detail, here or there I throw it out to various people I know- some who post on the forum and some who don't.

Mr. Schumaker is one of those people, and as I said before he has been a valuable resource.

He has always been good about helping me find answers, and I thank him for that.

Again, that's about all I'd like to go into about our conversations.
Eric

hblakewolf
09-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Eric-
I did not repsond to Dave O'Briens previous request seeking my input on my prior post, however, this is now the second time he has specifically asked me to disclose the contents of my email with Skinner19. As such, I will provide a brief summary.

Skinner16 is a new member to the Forum, and was seeking specific information about Astros jerseys. I wanted to simply let him in on some of previous information that was discussed here about this subject. I refrained from doing it "publically" and wanted to contact him privately as I also brought him up to speed on some of the alliances that have formed here, especially your "special relationship" with Victor at AMI.

Dave, I did not feel this type of personal information should be posted for all to read, however, I hope this now puts the subject to rest once and for all.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Howard,

You first - Please let us know what great and important knowledge you were going to impart to Skinner19 about Clemens jersey tagging that you had to do it via a private e-mail....why not enlighten all of us...
Dave

hblakewolf
09-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Eric-
Sorry for not being clear. The "special relationship" I discussed with Skinner16 relates to Dave O'Brien and Victor, not you.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Eric-
I did not repsond to Dave O'Briens previous request seeking my input on my prior post, however, this is now the second time he has specifically asked me to disclose the contents of my email with Skinner19. As such, I will provide a brief summary.

Skinner16 is a new member to the Forum, and was seeking specific information about Astros jerseys. I wanted to simply let him in on some of previous information that was discussed here about this subject. I refrained from doing it "publically" and wanted to contact him privately as I also brought him up to speed on some of the alliances that have formed here, especially your "special relationship" with Victor at AMI.

Dave, I did not feel this type of personal information should be posted for all to read, however, I hope this now puts the subject to rest once and for all.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

[/i]

CollectGU
09-28-2006, 08:32 AM
I refrained from doing it "publically" and wanted to contact him privately as I also brought him up to speed on some of the alliances that have formed here, especially your "special relationship" with Victor at AMI.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net
[/i]

LOL! "special relationship" - I am both a buyer and consignor, same as I am with Grey Flannel and other auction houses - nothing "special" about that. I think Victor is a good guy if that's what you are referring to. For some reason, I don't think Skinner probably cared about my "special relationship". From what I could gather, he was looking for concrete info. not your wash woman take on "GU forum alliances"... you've been watching too much Survivor.....

Dave

Eric
09-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Dave-

You may not have a special relationship with ami, but you quote from the best! The last time the phrase "wash women" was thrown around on this board by none other than the mysterious James A Rast!
Happy to see you appreciate the classics
Eric

Pacific Coast League Jerseys

September 16 2005 at 2:34 PM James A. Rast (JARast@aol.com) James A. Rast (Login JARast (http://www.network54.com/Profile/JARast))Greetings To All Fellow Collectors:

For the record my name is Jim Rast and I am rather new to this “hobby.” I recently retired from the U.S. Air Force. Because of my career I wasn’t able to pursue collecting, at least at the level I am prepared to do now. Finally retired, I have settled down in Sacramento, California. I am finding that this area maybe a wonderful place to live, it is very poor as far as sports memorabilia is concerned. There are a few nice card shops here but that’s about it. This one fellow I communicated with on ebay.com informed me of this forum. I thought that this might be a wonderful place to visit and possibly find some leads for the items I want. I spent the last two weeks reading the discussions posted and to be honest I get the feeling that this is not a place for serious collectors. It’s more or less a place for guys to whine and complain like a bunch of old wash-women. For example, this fellow called “Reid,” sure put in a lot of time to go on and on about this company America Memorabilia, and then do it again, and again and again and then switch to some basketball shirt and do it again there. Come on sir, you sound like a broken record

Look lets get down to business…

I am looking for some really old items from the San Francisco Seals and all other Pacific Coast League teams. I hope to find jerseys, bats, caps, jackets. I am also interested in finding real Brooklyn Dodger uniforms and especially Jackie Robinson’s stuff.

If anyone reading this is serious and wants to do some business, please feel free to email me at JARast@aol.com. I am only interested in old vintage jerseys and equipment, not the new stuff like old Reid is complaining about.

Thank you,
Jim Rast

sportscentury
09-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Dave-

You may not have a special relationship with ami, but you quote from the best! The last time the phrase "wash women" was thrown around on this board by none other than the mysterious James A Rast!
Happy to see you appreciate the classics
Eric

Pacific Coast League Jerseys

September 16 2005 at 2:34 PM James A. Rast (JARast@aol.com) James A. Rast (Login JARast (http://www.network54.com/Profile/JARast))Greetings To All Fellow Collectors:

For the record my name is Jim Rast and I am rather new to this “hobby.” I recently retired from the U.S. Air Force. Because of my career I wasn’t able to pursue collecting, at least at the level I am prepared to do now. Finally retired, I have settled down in Sacramento, California. I am finding that this area maybe a wonderful place to live, it is very poor as far as sports memorabilia is concerned. There are a few nice card shops here but that’s about it. This one fellow I communicated with on ebay.com informed me of this forum. I thought that this might be a wonderful place to visit and possibly find some leads for the items I want. I spent the last two weeks reading the discussions posted and to be honest I get the feeling that this is not a place for serious collectors. It’s more or less a place for guys to whine and complain like a bunch of old wash-women. For example, this fellow called “Reid,” sure put in a lot of time to go on and on about this company America Memorabilia, and then do it again, and again and again and then switch to some basketball shirt and do it again there. Come on sir, you sound like a broken record

Look lets get down to business…

I am looking for some really old items from the San Francisco Seals and all other Pacific Coast League teams. I hope to find jerseys, bats, caps, jackets. I am also interested in finding real Brooklyn Dodger uniforms and especially Jackie Robinson’s stuff.

If anyone reading this is serious and wants to do some business, please feel free to email me at JARast@aol.com. I am only interested in old vintage jerseys and equipment, not the new stuff like old Reid is complaining about.

Thank you,
Jim Rast

Eric,

What an interesting and unusual coincidence you have noted.

Reid

trsent
09-28-2006, 10:06 AM
Eric, yesterday Howard asked that me mentioning the passing of someones mother was going off the subject of the thread. His comment showed that Howard has no heart or soul and that he is just out to bring people down on this forum.

To go even further off the thread's subject, I have offered for Howard to email me personally any issues he has with Grey Flannel's merchandise, and I'll communicate with the company since they are not receiving his correspondence due to personal issues. Howard turned this down. Why? Doesn't he want to better the hobby? This is crystal clear. He wants to bring people down in this industry. If he cared about the hobby, he would email me issues with GFC and let me try to correct it, but he would rather put down a company that he is barred from bidding in their auctions because of past poor comments he has made.

Now, to the point of my original post. I was asking that this topic not be brought up at this time as it is purely poor timing when someone is grieving the loss of someone as close as a mother. Howard's response stating that I was swaying off the topic shows he has no heart. Give a guy a break, if you want to attack him, pick a better time than now.

No, Howard has to accuse me of getting off the topic, his attempt to attack another individual in this industry.

Oops, the main reason I posted this was because now everyone has veered off the topic. Howard, why don't you whine about this or is it because you found now you can attack more than just one person in this thread?

This is not a battle ground, I hope Howard apologizes for his poor taste in comments:

A fellow Forum reader then chimes in about Mitch's mother passing, and sitting Shiva? I believe you specifically noted that we should keep to just the facts, correct? Although I'm sorry to hear this, how does this have any bearing on this post?

People, make your own judgements. Howard, I would recommend a donation in your name to the following for God to find forgiveness with your immature and insensitive comments above:

Memorial contributions made to the American Cancer Society or the American Diabetes Foundation appreciated in the name of Karen Schumacher.

Good night, and may your God be with you.

hblakewolf
09-28-2006, 10:14 AM
Eric/Reid-
There is yet another "coincidences" between Dave O and American Memorabila besides the "Wash Woman" quote. I believe Reid has now asked Dave to respond at least twice to questions put before him, however, Dave has never responded.

Forum members have also asked specific questions to American Memorabila about current auction items including questionable basketball warmups and an Orioles "rookie" jersey and have never heard back, either.

Are there other coincidences??????:confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Eric,

What an interesting and unusual coincidence you have noted.

Reid

hblakewolf
09-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Joel-
What color is the sky in your world?

I made a post, per Eric's suggestion, dedicated to MASAUCTION. Likewise, I also praised Mitch for the quality of items purchased and knowledge. Please read the third post to my thread, made by you that includes the following:
Howard, I just bought a large vintage paper money deal from Mitch last week. I was in Milwaukee watching them put his mother in the ground last week and I sat Shiva with his family and friends last week.

Your current post notes, "I was asking that this topic not be brought up at this time as it is purely poor timing when someone is grieving the loss of someone as close as a mother. Howard's response stating that I was swaying off the topic shows he has no heart."

Joel, YOU posted the information about Mrs. Schumaker passing... YOU! This information was never made public until YOU posted it. Is it your complete lack of professionalism or just warped mindset that would make you include this on a public forum for all to read? I'm sure t Mitch and his family wanted this posted here. Nice job, Joel.

I have addressed the issue of communicating with Grey Flannel on several other posts. I have sent them various emails in the past and recently. Although they receive them, it is their choice not to respond to me, other Forum readers or directly on this Forum. A foolish position to take, however, the choice is theirs. Interesting that Lelands, Mastro and Vintage Authentics answer all emails and often respond to posts here on this Forum. On a related note, I just received my item from the latest Grey Flannel auction, and could not be happier. I have been seeking such an item for many years, and although overpaid, could not be happier.

***CONTENT REMOVED***

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Eric, yesterday Howard asked that me mentioning the passing of someones mother was going off the subject of the thread. His comment showed that Howard has no heart or soul and that he is just out to bring people down on this forum.

To go even further off the thread's subject, I have offered for Howard to email me personally any issues he has with Grey Flannel's merchandise, and I'll communicate with the company since they are not receiving his correspondence due to personal issues. Howard turned this down. Why? Doesn't he want to better the hobby? This is crystal clear. He wants to bring people down in this industry. If he cared about the hobby, he would email me issues with GFC and let me try to correct it, but he would rather put down a company that he is barred from bidding in their auctions because of past poor comments he has made.

Now, to the point of my original post. I was asking that this topic not be brought up at this time as it is purely poor timing when someone is grieving the loss of someone as close as a mother. Howard's response stating that I was swaying off the topic shows he has no heart. Give a guy a break, if you want to attack him, pick a better time than now.

No, Howard has to accuse me of getting off the topic, his attempt to attack another individual in this industry.

Oops, the main reason I posted this was because now everyone has veered off the topic. Howard, why don't you whine about this or is it because you found now you can attack more than just one person in this thread?

This is not a battle ground, I hope Howard apologizes for his poor taste in comments:

People, make your own judgements. Howard, I would recommend a donation in your name to the following for God to find forgiveness with your immature and insensitive comments above:

Memorial contributions made to the American Cancer Society or the American Diabetes Foundation appreciated in the name of Karen Schumacher.

Good night, and may your God be with you.

CollectGU
09-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Eric/Reid-
There is yet another "coincidences" between Dave O and American Memorabila besides the "Wash Woman" quote. I believe Reid has now asked Dave to respond at least twice to questions put before him, however, Dave has never responded.

Forum members have also asked specific questions to American Memorabila about current auction items including questionable basketball warmups and an Orioles "rookie" jersey and have never heard back, either.

Are there other coincidences??????:confused: :rolleyes: :eek:

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

I can assure that it was a coincidence. My IP address is not the same a "Mr. Rast", and I don't need to hide behind any stupid, silly names..This is my second post asking Reid to clarify what questions he's talking about, as i'd be happy to answer them. But, let's try and stay on point through here, that being how silly and small you look Howard for privately e-mailing a poster here to give them inside info on " gu forum alliances" and "special relationships"... And, how transparent your attacks on people you don't like in the hobby have become. Eric saw where you were going with this thread right from the start, and I'm sure others did as well...

Dave

trsent
09-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Joel-
What color is the sky in your world?

I made a post, per Eric's suggestion, dedicated to MASAUCTION. Likewise, I also praised Mitch for the quality of items purchased and knowledge. Please read the third post to my thread, made by you that includes the following:

Your current post notes, "I was asking that this topic not be brought up at this time as it is purely poor timing when someone is grieving the loss of someone as close as a mother. Howard's response stating that I was swaying off the topic shows he has no heart."

Joel, YOU posted the information about Mrs. Schumaker passing... YOU! This information was never made public until YOU posted it. Is it your complete lack of professionalism or just warped mindset that would make you include this on a public forum for all to read? I'm sure t Mitch and his family wanted this posted here. Nice job, Joel.

I have addressed the issue of communicating with Grey Flannel on several other posts. I have sent them various emails in the past and recently. Although they receive them, it is their choice not to respond to me, other Forum readers or directly on this Forum. A foolish position to take, however, the choice is theirs. Interesting that Lelands, Mastro and Vintage Authentics answer all emails and often respond to posts here on this Forum. On a related note, I just received my item from the latest Grey Flannel auction, and could not be happier. I have been seeking such an item for many years, and although overpaid, could not be happier.

REMOVED CONTENT

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

I asked that this subject be derailed because the family is coping with a loss and this shouldn't be an issue at this time, but you insulted the facts of loss with your selfish childish debating style.

THE GUYS MOTHER WAS BURIED LAST WEEK AND YOU HAVE TO SAY THAT I AM GETTING OFF THE SUBJECT? I ASKED THAT HIS NAME NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE LIMELIGHT RIGHT NOW SO HE CAN FOCUS ON HIS FAMILY AND YOU SAY I AM OFF THE SUBJECT? HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU BRING UP SOMEONE'S PAST BEFORE YOU HAVE BATTEN IT INTO THE GROUND?

Eric
09-28-2006, 01:13 PM
To game used forum users and squabbling children,

This thread no longer has anything to do with sharing information about our hobby. Please keep all petty fighting off the board. Seriously folks, I'm tired of it- and it's from the same people over and over and over again.

For the rest of you- have a great day
Eric

trsent
09-28-2006, 01:29 PM
That is acceptable.

Howard, if you have any other comments, please email me personally at the email address below.

sportscentury
09-29-2006, 08:19 PM
I can assure that it was a coincidence. My IP address is not the same a "Mr. Rast", and I don't need to hide behind any stupid, silly names..This is my second post asking Reid to clarify what questions he's talking about, as i'd be happy to answer them. But, let's try and stay on point through here, that being how silly and small you look Howard for privately e-mailing a poster here to give them inside info on " gu forum alliances" and "special relationships"... And, how transparent your attacks on people you don't like in the hobby have become. Eric saw where you were going with this thread right from the start, and I'm sure others did as well...

Dave

Dear Dave,

Don't worry. No one would ever think that this was anything but a coincidence. One would have to be just nuts to think otherwise. I know tons of people who call each other wash women ... a very popular name-calling term.

Also, sorry for the delay as to responding to your request. Here are the links for your viewing (or ignoring) pleasure:

Post #41 (by Rudy) on:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=4448

Post #31 (by Rudy) on:
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=4577

Best regards,
Reid

SkubeBats
10-25-2011, 07:53 PM
I see Mitch couldn't keep his nose out of trouble. See the post that was made today about the 6 people arrested for selling fake gu items. Look on the game used memorabilia discussion page for this post.

MichaelofSF
10-25-2011, 10:17 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=11728

Here is a thread that I previously posted which may have some significance. The thread is about a doctored Eric Chavez jersey. I didn't mention who the buyer of my jersey was, but it was

ebayer: gzusrules
it was paid for by one: M.S. Auction
through paypal.

I do not know the ownership pattern after I sold it, but the same jersey was then doctored and auctioned through Vintage Authentics before we alerted them about the jersey. For those who were interested what I sold it as, the title was:
ERIC CHAVEZ - auto A's jersey GAME issue style not used (#180103363214)

and the feedback that I received:
ITEM EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED, FAST DELIVERY, A+ TRANSACTION

my ebay id is michaelofsacramento (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=michaelofsacramento&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller), but was michaelofsf at the time.

Only Vintage Authentics could say who the consignor was and if it was a different consignor or not. I do not make any accusations here, but thought that this could be relevant information to this thread. I am merely stating some facts.

SkubeBats
10-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Eric & Trsent
So what do you have to say about Mitch now that he has been caught once again??

trsent
10-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Eric & Trsent
So what do you have to say about Mitch now that he has been caught once again??

It is too bad to see what is happening today and I wish it wasn't like this. My comments from five years ago have nothing to do with what has happened in the past few days.

As for the comments in the other discussion stating that I owe Howard Wolf an apology - Nothing was posted five years ago that I re-read and regret. Eric doesn't own anyone an apology either. I personally exchange kind emails with Howard Wolf from time to time as him and I have buried the hatchet and can communicate with one and other without arguing anymore. I wish Howard could post again on this forum. Though often one sided he also shared knowledge that many others don't posses.

I am sorry to see what has happened in our industry and I hope it becomes a learning experience for all and I hope it makes the industry stronger in the long run.

NEFAN
10-27-2011, 02:12 PM
WOW! Now that so many soap operas are gone from TV, this is the place to be for drama!

flaco1801
10-27-2011, 05:29 PM
is this thread the reason for Howard being banned?.. i agree wholehardedly (sp)with Howard and miss his expertise...those who look for answers from a third party about this "hobby" i would make a suggestion...ask someone who doesnt make a living from the sale of merchandise... i have watched this show for 30 years plus, i will NEVER buy from an auction house...wonder how many of the game issued Yankee shirts, that were sold here have now become Yankee game worn shirts...