PDA

View Full Version : Game worn baseball cap prices?

Tom@ABB
01-05-2012, 04:00 PM
I was wondering what the right price would be for a Evan Longoria 2007 Montgomery Biscuits game worn baseball cap be? Or game worn baseball caps in general?

Thanks for any help
Tom

coxfan
01-05-2012, 05:11 PM
I bought a Tim Hudson g-u cap from the Braves in early 2010 for (I believe) $50, though I might be recalling the price wrong. They had a Brian McCann g-u cap, I think, for $100.

Klattsy
01-05-2012, 05:42 PM
I've paid $50 through MLB Auctions of caps, and as less as $5 through MiLB for a Portland Sea Dogs camo cap. I wouldn't pay any more than $50 for my "common" guys, don't know about a star like Longo though.

wsohlcano
01-05-2012, 09:48 PM
There is a Curtis Granderson one on EBAY now that is authentic & is still going at over 250....

Nice hat GU during season & playoffs & inscribed,

Cool piece but to much for me.

hiramman
01-06-2012, 07:05 AM
Providence & documentation are everything when it comes to game-used caps because Joe General Public can buy the exact same caps in the exact same size as the players use. Also just because the cap is signed by the player doesn't mean he actually used it. Anybody with half a mind and a marker can dupicate just about any player's game-used cap. That's why all the vintage caps without player numbers and good solid documantation that sell on ebay are so reasonable. Any of those can become a vintage star player's cap with little to no work and buyers on ebay seem to knock each other down to throw their money away

Does the Longoria cap comes with a letter from the Biscuits and good documentation? Are you are getting it directly from the team or have exstensive knowledge on Biscuits game-used caps? Minor League caps are really tough because multiple players will wear the same number during the same year. Unless styles of the cap change and you can definitely tie it down a specific year, then its a toss up. I'm sure some player on the Biscuits wore the same number Longoria wore before & after he was gone.

Value is in the documentation and the faith you have in it. Minor league star caps can go anywhere from $50 to the moon depending on documentation and the collector. If you are a Longoria collector then you will value one of his minor league caps way more than general MLB star collector will. Minor league caps are rare, but also super hard to authenticate. It's all about the documentation.

Tom@ABB
01-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Thank you everyone for your help. I know bats and autographs, But I have lots of everything baseball. I’m just starting to sell off stuff besides bats and do not want to price something to high or low. Everything I have I give a COA . I’m just looking at prices as the market of GU items is growing I’m adding some of my GU items to my site. I also try to put a few things here on GUU. I get new items all the time.

Thanks again
Tom