X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bballzs14
    • Sep 2011

Still Image Capture from Video Help!

Hi All,

I just won a Hakeem Nicks gamer from NFL Auctions that I'm super pumped about. I'm trying to photomatch it and found the perfect shot in a youtube video, but I'm having trouble capturing the image without it coming out blurry.

The best shot comes at 3:31 of this youtube video with his highlights from the game.
    Any suggestions for getting a clearer image? Getty and US Presswire didn't have any great ones (I don't have paid account for either). Here are pics from the auction...

Any help finding pics or getting clearer image would be awesome!
    Love the hobby! Always looking for Carolina Panthers, UNC Tar Heels, and Modern Day NFL Gamers.
  • bballzs14
    • Sep 2011

Re: Still Image Capture from Video Help!

If someone has NFL Rewind and has time to help, the shot takes place with 5:09 seconds left in the 4th quarter of the 10/2/2011 game, right before Hakeem catches a game winning TDDDDDDDD.

Thanks again.
    Love the hobby! Always looking for Carolina Panthers, UNC Tar Heels, and Modern Day NFL Gamers.

Comment

• PwKw13
      • Feb 2009

Is this any better than what you were able to get?
      Attached Files

Comment

• bballzs14
        • Sep 2011

Hey thanks. I think my angle might show the marks/stains a little more but yours is definitely clearer... Let me know what you think. Enough to call it a match? This is what I have:
        Attached Files

Comment

• PwKw13
          • Feb 2009

Here's another that's a little bit different.
          Attached Files

Comment

• bballzs14
            • Sep 2011

Yea that's pretty good. I think to get any clearer of an image I'd need to get a shot on a bigger screen, my computer isn't doing the job. Thanks for your help and quick response.

Comment

• ironmanfan
              • Sep 2005

I don't want to derail this thread, but does someone know how to capture a still image off YouTube?

Thanks

Comment

• bballzs14
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by ironmanfan
                I don't want to derail this thread, but does someone know how to capture a still image off YouTube?

Thanks
                No worries on the transition. I pause the video and take a screenshot of my screen and then crop the image... Might be a different way to do it, but that's how I captured the image on this thread.

Comment

• ironmanfan
                  • Sep 2005

What do you take a screenshot?

Comment

• cliffjmp33
                    • Jun 2010

ironmanfan,

Can you post the video link and at what specific time you need captured off YouTube and I'll do my best to give you a hand.

Not sure if you have an Apple of PC. Depends on the computer to make the capture.
                    Cheers,
                    Jack

Actively looking for a Brad Lidge Philadelphia Phillies Game Used Cap!
                    My Memorabilia Collection

Comment

• solarlottry
                      • Jan 2009

I use both my digital camera and my iPad to take images of old 49er games on DVD for the purposes of photo-matching. It can be tedious and frustrating at times but I take many, many images using the slow motion, freeze frame and pause functions.

From these images I compare various aspects of the image and jersey and have come up with a match almost every time. There are also times when I notice another jersey captured I the image and, now and then, I get an incidental match! Those are the most fun to come by.

Many images are indeed blurry but using all of the available technology, I can usually come up with some very crisp images.

My iPad will not let me upload images from it to the forum and my MAC book has a cracked screen but once it is fixed, I will post some of the images I have used to match up various gamers.

You can see many of the images already in the "post your photo matches" thread. I have matched 2 Deion 49er, 2 Ricky Watters and a # of other 49er shirts in that thread via images taken off of DVDs and YouTube.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ALL 1994 49er game used items

Paul
                      garciajones@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...