PDA

View Full Version : Still Image Capture from Video Help!

bballzs14
01-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Hi All,

I just won a Hakeem Nicks gamer from NFL Auctions that I'm super pumped about. I'm trying to photomatch it and found the perfect shot in a youtube video, but I'm having trouble capturing the image without it coming out blurry.

The best shot comes at 3:31 of this youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNDcd2qvJiI) with his highlights from the game.
Any suggestions for getting a clearer image? Getty and US Presswire didn't have any great ones (I don't have paid account for either). Here (http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?&prmenbr=65664914&aunbr=173125536) are pics from the auction...

Any help finding pics or getting clearer image would be awesome!

bballzs14
01-05-2012, 08:33 PM
If someone has NFL Rewind and has time to help, the shot takes place with 5:09 seconds left in the 4th quarter of the 10/2/2011 game, right before Hakeem catches a game winning TDDDDDDDD.

Thanks again.

PwKw13
01-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Is this any better than what you were able to get?

bballzs14
01-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Hey thanks. I think my angle might show the marks/stains a little more but yours is definitely clearer... Let me know what you think. Enough to call it a match? This is what I have:

PwKw13
01-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Here's another that's a little bit different.

bballzs14
01-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Yea that's pretty good. I think to get any clearer of an image I'd need to get a shot on a bigger screen, my computer isn't doing the job. Thanks for your help and quick response.

ironmanfan
01-05-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't want to derail this thread, but does someone know how to capture a still image off YouTube?

Thanks

bballzs14
01-05-2012, 10:20 PM
I don't want to derail this thread, but does someone know how to capture a still image off YouTube?

Thanks

No worries on the transition. I pause the video and take a screenshot of my screen and then crop the image... Might be a different way to do it, but that's how I captured the image on this thread.

ironmanfan
01-05-2012, 11:45 PM
What do you take a screenshot?

cliffjmp33
01-05-2012, 11:48 PM
ironmanfan,

Can you post the video link and at what specific time you need captured off YouTube and I'll do my best to give you a hand.

Not sure if you have an Apple of PC. Depends on the computer to make the capture.

solarlottry
01-05-2012, 11:54 PM
I use both my digital camera and my iPad to take images of old 49er games on DVD for the purposes of photo-matching. It can be tedious and frustrating at times but I take many, many images using the slow motion, freeze frame and pause functions.

From these images I compare various aspects of the image and jersey and have come up with a match almost every time. There are also times when I notice another jersey captured I the image and, now and then, I get an incidental match! Those are the most fun to come by.

Many images are indeed blurry but using all of the available technology, I can usually come up with some very crisp images.

My iPad will not let me upload images from it to the forum and my MAC book has a cracked screen but once it is fixed, I will post some of the images I have used to match up various gamers.

You can see many of the images already in the "post your photo matches" thread. I have matched 2 Deion 49er, 2 Ricky Watters and a # of other 49er shirts in that thread via images taken off of DVDs and YouTube.

Always buying 49ers gamers and ALL 1994 49er game used items

Paul
garciajones@yahoo.com