PDA

View Full Version : Does this look real?

short84
01-05-2012, 09:05 PM
This jersey was acquired from Steiner Sports. It came with a Steiner COA but not a hologram on the jersey (you can see where it had been attached). When I contact Steiner, they said they do not replace holograms and occasionally one will fall off. I sold it last week with the Steiner COA to help my son with some unexpected expenses. The buyer claims it is not real. I own over 20 Dallas Cowboys jerseys and it really looks good to me -- am I missing something? It shows moderate use with customized sleeves. It may have been laundered but stains are still present especially on the numbers. The Cowboys wore blue jerseys in 2 games in 2009 and this is from a game against the Bucs. The other game was against the Redskins.

short84
01-05-2012, 09:07 PM
More pictures. Thank you!

BU54CB
01-06-2012, 10:07 AM
What's the buyers basis for the opinion that the jersey isn't real?

perlman9
01-06-2012, 11:26 AM
I was going to bid and missed out. If need to take back I may buy since it shows good use...

perlman9
01-06-2012, 11:28 AM
But I have also run into several ebay buyers lately that after purchase claim something amiss and ask for a partial refund. My guess is they look to resell and try to get seller to give something back rather than deal with a full refund...

short84
01-06-2012, 11:31 AM
His opinion is that because the hologram was no longer on the jersey, it is not real. In his words " I would need it to prove it's Steiner". It was obtained directly from Steiner with a missing hologram.

I offered to take it back -- I photomatched it last night which made me feel sick that I even offered it for sale on eBay. Sometimes things have a way of working out!

I think people are more cautious now about game used items. Sometimes (and I have done it) you can be so cautious that you pass up a really good piece of memorabilia.

BU54CB
01-06-2012, 12:08 PM
His opinion is that because the hologram was no longer on the jersey, it is not real. In his words " I would need it to prove it's Steiner". It was obtained directly from Steiner with a missing hologram.

I offered to take it back -- I photomatched it last night which made me feel sick that I even offered it for sale on eBay. Sometimes things have a way of working out!

I think people are more cautious now about game used items. Sometimes (and I have done it) you can be so cautious that you pass up a really good piece of memorabilia.

If you indicated in the auction that the hologram was no longer on the jersey, then the buyer doesn't have a leg to stand on in my opinion.

Like you said, tell them to send it back and you can do with it what you want.

BU54CB
01-06-2012, 12:13 PM
If you indicated in the auction that the hologram was no longer on the jersey, then the buyer doesn't have a leg to stand on in my opinion.

Like you said, tell them to send it back and you can do with it what you want.

Found your ebay auction, obviously would have been ideal to indicate the hologram fell off to protect yourself from this exact situation.

That being said, sounds like you'd rather have it back anyway, so all will work out for the best.

short84
01-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Yes, you are right. If I decide to re-list it, I will mention that. Thank you.