PDA

View Full Version : Pedro Martinez 3000 strikeout ticket

64SHEA
01-06-2012, 03:25 AM
I was hoping to get some input from you guys. I am trying to buy the aforementioned item. The person wants $90 for the ticket. That seems high to me considering there may be thousands of them. I thought I could get a consensus on on if that is a fair price.

Thanks

Dewey2007
01-06-2012, 01:25 PM
I have been buying some ticket stubs lately and the prices for career milestone or important game tickets seem to really vary from seller to seller. Kind of like game used items. Unfortunately I can't really tell you if it's a fair price or not but it sounds to me to be on the high side. I see one on eBay for $119 OBO, so while it might sound high to you or me I guess we really only have 3 options: we can either buy it at their asking price, make a counter offer (if you haven't already) for what you think is a fair price, or wait and keep looking for a less expensive one. Considering this stub is from 2007 you might be able to wait and see if you can find another one cheaper. Maybe someone on the forum has one they'd be willing to sell for less or try contacting the Reds. Maybe they have some leftover stubs from the game. Here are some other sites to check out if you haven't already:

http://www.ticketstubcollector.com/

http://www.chicagotix.com/

Email me at: deweystg@berkeley.edu and I can give you the names of some other guys to try too.

Good luck,
Dewey

I was hoping to get some input from you guys. I am trying to buy the aforementioned item. The person wants $90 for the ticket. That seems high to me considering there may be thousands of them. I thought I could get a consensus on on if that is a fair price.

Thanks

Mulligans
01-06-2012, 05:49 PM
If someone had something that I really wanted or needed for my collection for under 100 bucks, I would grab it in a second......Don't be so sure that there are thousands of them out there.....Most are tossed away or lost in someone's top drawer forever!:)

jshortt
01-06-2012, 11:35 PM
If someone had something that I really wanted or needed for my collection for under 100 bucks, I would grab it in a second......Don't be so sure that there are thousands of them out there.....Most are tossed away or lost in someone's top drawer forever!:)

I was at that game. The problem is that it was in Cincinnati, not NYC, and there was VERY little fanfare when it happened. I knew because being a Pedro fan, I was waiting on it to happen. There was a quick blurb about it on the scoreboard, and that was it. I'd imagine that not many people hung onto them, with it being the visiting team.

-J