PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't the 500.00 limit in the Collector to collector ads seem crazy

1929tudor
01-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Does anyone else wish they would raise the limit in the collector to collector ads so you could sell your items above the 500.00 limit they have. I feel as collectors we are missing out on alot of nice GU stuff that guys have and would want to sell that are worth more than 500.00. Heck anymore just the GU bats are getting to be more than 500 for minor HOFers and jerseys are well above 500. It's getting to be limited anymore on alot of GU things. At least maybe up it to 1000.00. Sellers with GU things of guys like Banks, Mays, Aaron and players in that catagory can't sell in the C. to C. because the price is above that. If you go to a major auction house your paying 20% buyer premium and why pay that if a seller would first try on GUU to sell his higher end things. Both would save by not paying all the fees. Otherwise your heading to Ebay and who knows who your dealing with there. No saying to get rid of the stuff going to auction houses and they have there purpose but some guys don't want to go that route for whatever reason. I would love to see some of the higher end stuff on here and whats for sale and maybe purchase it. What are your thoughts?

maverick14
01-07-2012, 06:29 PM
I'd love to see a higher limit as well. It would definitely open up another avenue to acquire items. I personally scour the internet looking for sources to buy items from and rarely check the CC b/c given its $500 limit I know items I'd want won't be found there. Selling on the CC section is a great benefit to buyers and sellers compared to other outlets/venues of selling and without a limit, or a higher limit, there might be more use of it.

bballzs14
01-07-2012, 07:19 PM
I'd love to see a higher limit as well. It would definitely open up another avenue to acquire items. I personally scour the internet looking for sources to buy items from and rarely check the CC b/c given its $500 limit I know items I'd want won't be found there. Selling on the CC section is a great benefit to buyers and sellers compared to other outlets/venues of selling and without a limit, or a higher limit, there might be more use of it.

+1

Mulligans
01-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Agreed.....I don't even bother looking..... Most good NFL Jerseys start at $500. I do believe that this request has been rejected in the past?

Buster23!
01-07-2012, 07:46 PM
at least $750, $500 is just way to low.

frikativ54
01-07-2012, 08:04 PM
This has been discussed a lot by forum members in the past. GUU does not want to open itself up to any liability from high dollar transactions. They don't want this kind of thing to be a blight on the good service they provide. Makes sense to me; I'm happy with the current limit.

mad87man
01-08-2012, 12:23 AM
Like Mulligan said i think it should be lifted since football is so much. You can rarely get a decent jersey for under 500$. I don't think i have ever seen a Jets jersey for less then 500 tbh.

34swtns
01-08-2012, 02:42 AM
$500 doesn't even touch most of this stuff I collect and definitely keeps me from even looking at that section.

Quality NFL stuff is generally way more expensive than 5 bills.

commando
01-08-2012, 03:36 AM
I would love to see the $500 limit raised... say, doubled to $1,000. I understand the reason for the $500 cap however, so I'm not complaining about the way things are.

I do regret the fact that the plans to upgrade the Collector to Collector section have apparently been scrapped because of other ventures.

I'd be curious to know if there's a screen that can be added when someone lists an item for sale. The screen gives a liability statement that the seller has to electronically "sign", thus freeing the site owners from any liability. We've all signed these kinds of screens on bank websites, Paypal, etc.

GameWornJCollector
01-08-2012, 07:38 AM
if you have an item which has a higher value us ebay..

CollectGU
01-08-2012, 09:43 AM
The hockey game used forum has been doing transaction with jerseys worth thousands with no issue (there bis no liability issue). If you would like it changed you need to post here. If enough of the collecting public demands aa change maybe Chris will act on the wishes of the overwhelming majority of the GUU community.

Dave

gameon
01-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I too would love to see this limit raised to at least $1000. The transactions that take place are strictly between the buyer and seller and should be handled solely by the two parties only. Fortuneatly, I have not had any problems buying or selling on this site, If I did, I certainly wouldnt feel that this site was to blame, nor would I call the other party out on this site that I had the problem with. I would just simply stay away from any more dealings with that person. This would be no different than buying something from a classified ad in the newspaper. I dont think you would go after the newspaper if the transaction went bad? As long as this site has a disclaimer that they cannot be held liable for any wrongdoings or bad transactions, what does it hurt. This site is a great avenue for educating and helping the collectors as well as an outlet to sell and purchase some great items. So, please, Forum, lets raise the bar so we can all benefit by having the opportunity to B/S/T without having to resort to ebay or auction houses and all their fees that come with it because were over the $500 limit. This site is a great cost savings to both the buyers and sellers.

1929tudor
01-08-2012, 01:04 PM
I don't see what the liability issue would be that some guys have said. It would be like Ebay. They always claim there are just the venue between the 2 parties so when they ever get sued it seems like they are covered. They claim they are just the venue between the buyer and seller and no more. Same here it is between the buyer and seller not the website GUU is just the venue to be able to post. I'm not a lawyer so maybe more to it but if the limit was 5.00 or 5,000.00 it still is between the 2 parties in my opinion.

STLHAMMER32
01-08-2012, 03:09 PM
I see the logic behind having the limit. With that being said, if a seller has 6 $500 bats up for sale and there is no restrictions as to how many purchases an individual buyer can make, we are dealing with large cash amounts at risk over a purchase anyway.

For example, an individual could have 10 $500 items up for sale but another guy who has one nice jersey that is $600 and no other items is not allowed to post just the one particular item. $5,000 at risk whether its one item or 10 either way.

What I see happen on here because of the restriction is items posted for sale without actually being "for sale" on pickup sections and items posted with the intent of letting everyone know "I have this item, I am looking to sell it but I can not technically say, here it is for sale".

Also, with "items wanted", posters are always contacted from members without limits to the transaction.

ChrisCavalier
01-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

This topic has been discussed a number of times on the forum. At this time we are not planning to change the rules of the Collector to Collector Classified section. However, there is a possibility we may consider a paid section without the limit but this is something we are going to need to discuss further.

We will keep you posted. However, given we don't have any updates at this time, I am closing this thread since there is no need to discuss this here further at the moment.

Sincerely,
Chris