Seattle Mariners 2012 FanFest Official Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frikativ54
    • Dec 2007

Seattle Mariners 2012 FanFest Official Thread!

I wanted to make a Mariners FanFest thread, so that we can meet some of the other Seattle-area collectors. January 28 and 29 are the dates of this year's program, and Michael Pineda and Mike Carp are going to be there, among others. I've gone like three of the past four years and have always had a blast. Hope to see some of you there as well.

-Frik
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408
  • frikativ54
    • Dec 2007

Re: Seattle Mariners 2012 FanFest Official Thread!

Well, FanFest is almost here; it's this weekend. I would like to meet up with some fellow GUU members and talk game used. I know MarinersFan34 will be there, but is anyone else planning to attend?

-Frik
    Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• xpress34
      • Sep 2008

Les -

You've seen my Rockies Fest thread... you know the standard that you have to meet now...

All the best -

Smitty

Comment

• jetersbatboy
        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by frikativ54
        I wanted to make a Mariners FanFest thread, so that we can meet some of the other Seattle-area collectors. January 28 and 29 are the dates of this year's program, and Michael Pineda and Mike Carp are going to be there, among others.
        Pineda, is now in the Bronxs!

If anyone goes I'd appreciate it if you keep a eye out for Brandon League bat! I'd be willing to pay for your time, if one is to be had.

Comment

• MarinersFan34
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by jetersbatboy
          Pineda, is now in the Bronxs!

If anyone goes I'd appreciate it if you keep a eye out for Brandon League bat! I'd be willing to pay for your time, if one is to be had.
          That's ok.. we got Montero!

I'd be surprised actually if Brandon had bats made but stranger things have happened, has he had an official AB yet?

I will be there both days, though the bar has been set high by Smitty
          Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Comment

• xpress34
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MarinersFan34

I'm a 4th year veteran of Rockies Fest (since it's inception)... it does make it easier to plan your attack well in advance as well as understanding how the autograph lines work - biggest thing is to be well connected (texting or calling) between friends about who is signing where to try and help each other out since all the autographs at Rockies Fest are blind draw.

So far though you guys have a few people from here that will be attending, so I'm expecting to see a lot of coverage... I was a one man show at Rockies Fest as far as coverage for the board...

- Smitty

Comment

• frikativ54
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by xpress34
              You've seen my Rockies Fest thread... you know the standard that you have to meet now...
              Haha, Smitty. I'm just going for one day and getting my Casper Wells helmet signed, but I'm sure Jeremy's up to the task. He's the big M's collector here.
              Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• MarinersFan34
                • Jan 2009

I've been going to FanFest for awhile, this will be my 9th one. I've got the autographs down and the strategies as best as one can do with how the M's have it set up. I just don't go crazy with the pictures, in fact I don't take many at all.
                Always looking for Seattle Mariners & anything of Felix Hernandez, Jay Buhner, Richie Sexson and Arthur Rhodes.

-Jeremy Morgan

Comment

• frikativ54
                  • Dec 2007

I've been going to FanFest for awhile, this will be my 9th one. I've got the autographs down and the strategies as best as one can do with how the M's have it set up. I just don't go crazy with the pictures, in fact I don't take many at all.
                  I'll take some photos, no doubt. I can post them here. I'm just not going crazy as far as autos are concerned; I hate the long lines.
                  Les Zukor

(617) 682-0408

Comment

• rwoodsbats
                    • Jul 2008

Jeremy,
                    Are you going both days? If so let me know and maybe we can meet up and BS.

Comment

• MarinersFan34
                      • Jan 2009

Yea, I will be there both days. I probably won't go after too many autos this year but I'll get a few and have time for the other things going on. Always good to head over to Pyramid after for a pitcher of beer and some good eats.

-Jeremy Morgan

Comment

• 5toolplayer
                        • Apr 2011

That's ok.. we got Montero!

I'd be surprised actually if Brandon had bats made but stranger things have happened, has he had an official AB yet?

I think we are going to become very good friends this year sir. Montero is my guy! I'm going to do everything I can to scoop up his G/U stuff and hopefully I'll have you are my eyes and ears Check out my other Montero threads to see my collection. You are going to love that kid!

Is he going to wear 21 this year?
                        5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• MarinersFan34
                          • Jan 2009

He is going to wear #63 and stated today that he will stick with it. It was the number he was given by the Yankees and it seemed that he has an emotional attachment to it because of that.

Perhaps he's not too thrilled to be in Seattle, but I can't blame the guy if that's the case, we haven't had a solid hitting team in at least 5 years.

I can only hope he lives up to the hype but if he falters here, you know the Yankees will pay up for him and he'll hit again. I have no idea what he's capable of since I'm not a Yankee fan of course nor do I follow the prospects. If he hits, I'll like him, if not.. he might as well be Ben Davis.

I will be at a large number of games this year, so I've always got my eyes looking for stuff as it comes in. I'm sure we'll be in touch throughout the year as things trickle in.

-Jeremy Morgan

Comment

• 5toolplayer
                            • Apr 2011

Yuck. #63 is such a terrible number. he wore 83 all of his spring training games so when he got called up he took 63. I have no idea why. Last spring when he thought he was going to break camp with NY he talked about wearing 21 and hoped O'neill wouldn't mind. But i can live with 63 I guess.

Keep me posted sir. i would love to get a few of his gamers throughout the year plus bats, cleats, or whatever is available Thanks again and I'll be in touch. My email is below
                            5TOOLPLAYER@COMCAST.NET

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                              • May 2009

Originally posted by 5toolplayer
                              Yuck. #63 is such a terrible number. he wore 83 all of his spring training games so when he got called up he took 63. I have no idea why. Last spring when he thought he was going to break camp with NY he talked about wearing 21 and hoped O'neill wouldn't mind. But i can live with 63 I guess.

Keep me posted sir. i would love to get a few of his gamers throughout the year plus bats, cleats, or whatever is available Thanks again and I'll be in touch. My email is below
                              When you are a September call-up and especially on the Yankees (with a lack of numbers as is because so many are retired or untouched) you don't get to chose your number, they assign you a number. I'm surprised he didn't switch in Seattle, but he can't take 21 from Gutierrez yet since he has yet to establish himself and is not named Bryce Harper.

Comment

Working...